Sick Doughty chants

Heads high.

Only one which should be ashamed is DCFC. Seems like the club has accepted it's wrongdoing and apologised for its moronic fan element. Good for them.

As a Fan and season ticket holder I am ashamed that the chant was sung, and I hope as many of the people that took part get found and are made to make a public apology to Nigel Doughty's family.

As for forest holding their collective heads high, that does not surprise me, after all you have a history of mocking tragedy.

Chelsea played at Forest in 96/97, just after the death of their chairman, Matthew Harding, in a helicopter crash. Large numbers of Forest fans in the A Block taunted the Chelsea fans with aeroplane gestures and the Dambusters tune.

Wolves played at Forest in the FA Cup in 99/00, just after Dave Jones had taken over as manager, having managed to get his life and career back on track after dealing with false allegations of child abuse. Large numbers of Forest fans in the A Block spent much of the game singing songs accusing him of being a paedophile.

Craven Cottage shortly after Dodi Al-Fayed died and the entire stand of Forest fans were singing "He's fat, he's round, his son is underground, Al-Fayed, Al-Fayed"

More recent events such as KC, Gary Speed and Shaun Barker have already been documented. You may say that these are all in the past, however it shows that forest and a section of their fans are stuck in the past and behave accordingly.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[size=4]Written in Mr Savage's column in the paper:[/size]

[size=4]'My old club Derby have some of the best fans in football, so I was appalled to hear that a tiny minority of tiny minds had chanted about the tragically early death of Nottingham Forest owner Nigel Doughty during Tuesday's derby.[/size]

[size=4]

There is a line between banter and being an idiot. They overstepped it by a mile.[/size]

[size=4]

Paying your share of players' wages by buying a ticket entitles you to many things. It doesn't entitle you to be a scumbag.'[/size]

[size=4]

Somes it up quite well i feel[/size]

Wolves played at Forest in the FA Cup in 99/00, just after Dave Jones had taken over as manager, having managed to get his life and career back on track after dealing with false allegations of child abuse. Large numbers of Forest fans in the A Block spent much of the game singing songs accusing him of being a paedophile.

As did some of our fans (when we played them).

Idiots at every club. Apology has been made; time to move on.

Back in the day, if you got to and from the game without a good kicking, it was considered a result!

As for all the protests over the chanting, its pathetic, grow up.

I do not condone it, but its only words, and they would have done the same to us, had it been the other way around.

Archived