Derby County v Leicester City

davenportram

Fielding 6 : distribution a bit silly. Not fast like when he came on loan. Decent saves.

Green 6: a midfielder playing RB. Did it as you'd expect. Like a midfielder.

Barker 7: did all he could.

Shackell 7: like Barker. Too much to do did it well.

Roberts 7: Nice to see him attack and try and give Derby some options

Bryson 4: Who? Run around doing weak tackles was about his night. Runs alot. Passenger in possession

Hendrick 4: lightweight. Another passenger with occasional ambition to create.

Carroll 5: the most interested in receiving the ball. Weak as a lamb. Not his game

Ward 3: probably gets fed up of waiting for someone else to actually do something of substance so goes it alone all the time. Impossible.

Ball 5: zero support. 25 yards from goal what is he supposed to do?

Tyson 3: Robinson without the enthusiasm. Poor touches, abysmal in the air. Runs fast. Just like at Forest (except v Us.)

How can Addison be out on loan? We have 6 midfield clones running around like lost puppies. If Ward has a bad day,Derby don't score.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We went out as if we'd lost before a ball was kicked, everyone just accepted we were going to lose, manager, players, fans.

Shocking.

The players woke up a bit second half but I felt it was more in response to the crowd picking it up than from the manager.

Tyson is an awful, awful signing, nothing up front at all tonight, in fact you could roll all our strikers into one player and he would still be useless.

Tom Carroll. I wish someone would explain to me why we're bringing a Tottenham player on when he's totally out of his depth at this level. First half I thought one of the ball boys had stayed on the pitch by mistake. What's that 10 year old kid doing running round on the pitch?

We are fecking clueless, 7 more years of this you say?

Stuff that

Money is not an excuse for these recent performances. Looking to the league above, Everton do fantastically well. Their finances compared to Man City's can't be a million miles from Derby to Leicester. A good manager gets the best out of what he has.

Are you seriously suggesting that Clough couldn't put a team out as good as Leicesters if he had the money they have?

Are you seriously suggesting that Clough couldn't put a team out as good as Leicesters if he had the money they have?

I am suggesting, taking the season as a whole and in particular recent performances, that the team could have and should have done better. Not saying wins, but performances. No one knows what Clough could do if given substantial money. We can only judge on the situation as it is.

Shocking first half. No idea's, kept on humping it upfield which wasn't working. No idea why we persisted.

2nd half, we were much the better side. Just lacking idea's around the 18 yard box, definitely need a new midfield and striker. It's going to cost money though, unless we've got it, it's persevere with what we've got.

We went out as if we'd lost before a ball was kicked, everyone just accepted we were going to lose, manager, players, fans.

Shocking.

The players woke up a bit second half but I felt it was more in response to the crowd picking it up than from the manager.

Tyson is an awful, awful signing, nothing up front at all tonight, in fact you could roll all our strikers into one player and he would still be useless.

Tom Carroll. I wish someone would explain to me why we're bringing a Tottenham player on when he's totally out of his depth at this level. First half I thought one of the ball boys had stayed on the pitch by mistake. What's that 10 year old kid doing running round on the pitch?

We are fecking clueless, 7 more years of this you say?

Stuff that

Positivity as always, if you actually gave some insight and perspective instead of boring general moaning i'd be inclined to take your posts more seriosly.

I think Clough set the team up well, the subs were used well early enough, true on an indivudual skill level they were lacking but in the end of the day you have to buy that, there was several instances, not least the move just after Theo came on where a more quality player could have turned the game into something different but that's not Clought fault, if it had gone in from that move it would have looked like a great passing goal.

And what you said about Tom Carrol genuinely made me laugh, you must be very qualified to be able to be judge jury and executioner on a young player that quickly, send a letter to the club i'm sure Nigel needs cheering up at the moment.

Positivity as always, if you actually gave some insight and perspective instead of boring general moaning i'd be inclined to take your posts more seriosly.

I think Clough set the team up well, the subs were used well early enough, true on an indivudual skill level they were lacking but in the end of the day you have to buy that, there was several instances, not least the move just after Theo came on where a more quality player could have turned the game into something different but that's not Clought fault, if it had gone in from that move it would have looked like a great passing goal.

And what you said about Tom Carrol genuinely made me laugh, you must be very qualified to be able to be judge jury and executioner on a young player that quickly, send a letter to the club i'm sure Nigel needs cheering up at the moment.

Oh, so you're as pleasant to me as you are to other members of the forum then. Well you are going to be popular aren't you...

Money is not an excuse for these recent performances. Looking to the league above, Everton do fantastically well. Their finances compared to Man City's can't be a million miles from Derby to Leicester. A good manager gets the best out of what he has.

and is your point that we are much closer to leicester? Man city are almost a league above Everton.... them and Utd are running away with it..

Oh, so you're as pleasant to me as you are to other members of the forum then. Well you are going to be popular aren't you...

its not a popularity contest though is it... but you pair should think about getting a room... ive seen those 'angry' glances you shoot each other. the little remarks that get each others goat... you pair eh... bloody hell

I wonder if Carroll is on some strange agreement that Livermore was on, that basically he should play every game.

I feel sorry for these young loanees coming from the prem. Like looking for work experience in the restaurant business and ending up in an abattoir. Likely to put you off.

very plain to me that bryso played and was no where near fit ,the fact that he gets slated when he is prepared to play when nowhere near 100% is no fault of his ,surely the manager should be seeing this and giving him a break until hes back to full fitness would help everyone?

Leicesetr fan in peace!!

it wasn't as bad as you were predicting, was it? game of two halves, to coin a phrase.

what surprised me though, was (from the tv coverage) cloughy looked disinterested, spent most of thew time sitting down looking totally pi55ed off. is this usual for him, or is he normally more animated?

thought you were going to snatch a draw, hate it when we're hanging on! good luck for the rest of the season now this games over!

Bad first half, much better second.

Played some nice stuff but we are absolutely impotent in the final third. We almost look scared of shooting.

They probably deserved to win overall but I don't think we made a show of ourselves against a club who have thrown money at it, yet sit only three points above us.

My thoughts on the game. Tom Carroll is useless, the team has been majorly disrupted since he joined. We should only have 2 central midfielders in the starting XI, not 3 or 4. Gareth Roberts still runs like a girl, Shaun Barker can't pass, Paul Green has no pace, and Jamie Ward is a mardy bugger.

My thoughts on the game. Tom Carroll is useless, the team has been majorly disrupted since he joined. We should only have 2 central midfielders in the starting XI, not 3 or 4. Gareth Roberts still runs like a girl, Shaun Barker can't pass, Paul Green has no pace, and Jamie Ward is a mardy bugger.
wouldnt say Carroll is useless but isnt any better than what we got, fully agree with tho with disrupting the team, take the Stoke game out but our league poor form started against Barnsley it was also Carroll's debut.

Leicesetr fan in peace!!

it wasn't as bad as you were predicting, was it? game of two halves, to coin a phrase.

what surprised me though, was (from the tv coverage) cloughy looked disinterested, spent most of thew time sitting down looking totally pi55ed off. is this usual for him, or is he normally more animated?

thought you were going to snatch a draw, hate it when we're hanging on! good luck for the rest of the season now this games over!

Yup that's our Nigel. Sat down arms folded.

wouldnt say Carroll is useless but isnt any better than what we got, fully agree with tho with disrupting the team, take the Stoke game out but our league poor form started against Barnsley it was also Carroll's debut.

I also heard aomeone say that we haven't won since Tyson returned to the squad and we haven't scored since he entered the starting lineup.

Is that right?

I thought Carroll played better second half. He always wants the ball and was putting some good passed into the right areas. Not his fault players were not quick enough to get on the end of them

Also when is young Ball going to grow a right foot? He could have smacked in a beauty from a cross in the first half if he had a right peg!!

Archived