Derby County v Leicester City

davenportram

We played a lot better in the second half but deserved nothing after the first half performance.

We never really looked like scoring and just didn't have a clue what to do in the final third.

No doubt some positive people will be along saying how well we played/how unlucky we were but I just can't take anything positive from that - other than the turnout from the supporters

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a depressing evening, first half there is just too much to assail so I won't go into the finer points and just state it was like watching the plague slowly kill a loved one. Yes second half it got better but in fairness it couldn't have gotten worse, nugent missed a golden chance at the start of the second half and they hit the woodwork a few times, we did get the ball and pass but what did we do with it? no chances, no hope of scoring, no creatvity and no precision. I am not hopeful because we didn't look like scoring. Leicester deserved to win.

1st half - dire

2nd half - 100% better... actually quite optimistic.

Don't care what anyone else says... we will be OK.

How can we have been 100% better? We still didn't test their keeper once - and we were at home. We huffed, we puffed, we had more than the 27% possession we had in the first half but we achieved nothing with it and were lucky to keep it to 1-0. Now into our fourth game without a goal and our seventh without a win.

Cannot see where your optimism comes from.

We have now failed to score against Burnley, Millwall, Reading, Soton and Leicester, this management team and hopelss board did'nt see fit to buy a striker or full back cover in January and look where we are now.

Those of you who have just renewed for next year must be sooooooooooo pleased with your investment !

Only 2 attempts on goal at home, beaten 4 times on the spin now without scoring a goal against local rivals

F--king pathetic

Well, let's just say, I needed a strong drink after such a woeful first half performance (I will point out that Neil Danns had more shots on target in the first half than Derby had all match). Better second half, but still unable to do much in the final third. There was a lovely moment of zig-zag passing right through the Leicester midfield...that is, until the ball went to Robinson who spooned it out for a throw-in. And tell me this: how come when they got the ball, they had all sorts of space, but we constantly got crowded out? It's not like they had more men than us.

I thought before the Saints game that the team needed a shake-up, and I'm justified after two mediocre, scoreless performances that this is the case. Ben and Steve Davies and Theo Robinson to start, Maguire on the bench, Naylor at RB and move Green to CM. Unless it is a stipulation of Carroll's loan deal that he has to start every match?

Well,that was ****.

Just got back and luckily (or not) my lad still wants to go to more games.It was rubbish for his first,but it can only get better.

I was trying to pick Derbys best player......................but i gave up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> Maybe Frankie.

Cloughie wants a reality check,that was poor,start to finish.

Fielding did well today, as did Gareth Roberts and the centre backs can hold their head up!

now the positives out the way, lets pick through the negatives...

Paul Green - Absolutely ******* dire, I know he isn't a right back but a 3 year old could of done better for leicester goal

Jamie Ward - wasted pretty much every ball that was gave to him, so wasteful would of took him off within the first 20 minutes!

-Bryson, Hendrick and Carroll - bit harsh on Carroll maybe but still very transparent performance especially the first two.

-Tyson - worked hard but ran into trouble every time.

- Ball - looks far from a championship standard striker

We looked like we lacked quality and lacked effort, disappointing to watch... don't tend to get wrapped up in defeats but the lie down and die factor today was poor, not to mention our only outlet being abysmal in Ward.

Second half wasn't bad but all we did was match them, and that to me isn't good enough, and they had the best chance of the second half, well arguably the best two chances... hate people moaning about the money they've spent, we all know they've spent more than us but we can't fall behind that excuse every time!!

Fielding did well today, as did Gareth Roberts and the centre backs can hold their head up!

now the positives out the way, lets pick through the negatives...

Paul Green - Absolutely ******* dire, I know he isn't a right back but a 3 year old could of done better for leicester goal

Jamie Ward - wasted pretty much every ball that was gave to him, so wasteful would of took him off within the first 20 minutes!

-Bryson, Hendrick and Carroll - bit harsh on Carroll maybe but still very transparent performance especially the first two.

-Tyson - worked hard but ran into trouble every time.

- Ball - looks far from a championship standard striker

We looked like we lacked quality and lacked effort, disappointing to watch... don't tend to get wrapped up in defeats but the lie down and die factor today was poor, not to mention our only outlet being abysmal in Ward.

Second half wasn't bad but all we did was match them, and that to me isn't good enough, and they had the best chance of the second half, well arguably the best two chances... hate people moaning about the money they've spent, we all know they've spent more than us but we can't fall behind that excuse every time!!

I think Hendrick could of done more with their goal, he left Green on his own, Green was poo though, if fact i agree with all your our assessments, I though Roberts was our best player tonight, least he had a go.

I blame Roberts for their goal... how many times did he look over his shoulder and then run backwards? in fact, I am calling my lawyer in the morning to open a law suit for a betting scam.

Roberts OUT!

in fact...

Roberts in a orange jump suit in the U S of A.

Archived