Derby County v Leicester City

davenportram

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hendrick could of done more with their goal, he left Green on his own, Green was poo though, if fact i agree with all your our assessments, I though Roberts was our best player tonight, least he had a go.

Roberts did well marking a player with pace, he read the game brilliantly... Green on the other hand just looked completely hopeless and out his depth for their goal, I don't even think Dyer had to put an ounce of effort to get past him, just ran in a straight line and left Green baffled... embarrassing! I wouldn't expect any professional footballer to put that sort of defensive display in that situation!

Had to laugh when the board went up for 4 minutes stoppage time. We wouldn't have scored with an extra 400 minutes!!!

Ratings for what they're worth:

Fielding 6

Green 5 (felt sorry for him, should be in midfield)

Barker 6

Shackell 6

Roberts 7

Ward 2 (should have been taken off at half-time, if not earlier)

Carroll 5 (mistake for the goal, too lightweight)

Bryson 4 (too lightweight)

Hendrick 6

Tyson 5

Ball 5

Robinson 5

Davies ? (not sure he touched it!)

Midfield was so poor first half it was embarrassing. Bailey must be wondering how the hell he's not getting a game.

The whole 'they had more money' argument is nonsense. Watford beat them, so did Barnsley, Donny, Millwall, Bristol City. They're the only side to do the Double over this season, let's hope we keep it that way.

They did the double over Crystal Palace and Southampton too, not defending our "performances" in this games though.

....especially when they're up against Wes Morgan

Aswell as Sean St Ledger!

Just a bit hopeless really, too static and slow going forward. I'd just like a bit of footballing ability, basic if anything. Watching Frank Fieldings long hoofs fall into Schemichael's hands time and time again is depressing. Aswell as our inability to mark a striker from a goal kick, whats all that about?!

I'd like to think that this break will be productive and they'll come back with a bang next week at Birmingham but if it's like previous games after breaks (Brighton and Reading at home) then I might aswell rip up nexts weeks tickets now!

I'd be worried if i was a Leicester fan, they bossed us first half and we were there for the taking to put 3 or 4 past us. Instead they basically went 4-5-1 and sat on the 1-0 lead, better sides than us will punish them for doing the same thing.

We're so bad it's unbelievable at the moment, i cant see where the next goal is coming from let alone the next 3 points. It's lucky we've probably scraped together enough points already cos this is a very weak side.

8 for me. Some great stops. Could have been 3-0 easily if he hadn't pulled out some good saves. Didn't read the rest - can't think anyone put in a shift worth praise.

Made some very good saves but he brings alot of pressure upon us by kicking the ball the length of the pitch to the opposition goalkeeper time and time again. Great shot stopper but distribution is shocking at the moment, what happened to when he used to roll the ball out to a defender?

Today was my first live match (thanks groupon) since the first day of the premier league season (when we drew 2-2 with Portsmouth and there was a sense of optimism that we might be alright, lol). Anyway, I thought the defence did a pretty good job tonight, but unfortunately the most joy leicester had was down the right hand side, against poor greeny, naylor must surely be a better option there. When they hit the post and bar, I couldn't believe their attacker was given that much space to wander up to fielding and have a pop. It's like it was in show motion.

Where we really struggled was in attack. We seemed totally clueless. I'd say their goal was more the fault of the attack than anyone else. I'm sure ball and tyson were dithering over what do with the ball on the edge of the area, in their d, then it was nicked off them, down the wing, and in the net. Painful really, if one of them had just shot we might have even had a goal. (Probably not, but you never know).

Ward did not have a good first half, even my wife noticed that, and it was her first game ever (she enjoyed it). Was he on the wrong wing in the first half? And isn't he a tiny man? I thought he was a child, must be one of the 15 year olds from the academy. I had no idea he was that tiny.

And the midfield in general could not control a ball to save their lives, and I don't think they won barely any challenges for high balls. That was getting quite embarrassing to watch really, nothing from our goal kicks, nothing from their goal kicks, nothing on the end of crosses.

On the plus side, we had a couple of good spells, and a few good touches where I could almost believe we were the same team that were doing alright not too long ago. These moments were few and far between though. It was a lovely move that cut them to shreds ending in a theo spooner. But one move in 90 mins of football wasn't really good enough.

I thought we should jve had a penalty, and I thought their guy should have been off. And they're guys seemed to go down very easy and roll around like big girly men. I forgot how pathetic that looks in real life. But that was all based on my brilliant position at the wrong end of the pitch. Either way though, we didn't deserve to get anything out of that game.

There are things to make me believe we are not completely hopeless though. But we've really got to get the attack sorted out. Someones got to teach them they're allowed to shoot every now and then.

Archived