Derby County v Leicester City

davenportram

Well - a bit disappointing to say the least. Scoreline wasn't as bad as I thought it would be or arguably should have been. I think Tom Carroll has potential - he can pick a pass but he's very lightweight for this division. We did the basics really badly in the first half though, poor control, letting the ball run under feet and Roberts even stood on the ball and fell over. Second was a bit better but devoid of ideas and when you have someone as fast as Dyer playing against you you're always goind to be exposed on the break. He has to be the fastest player I've seen down at PPS - either that or Green is the slowest!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh Leicester just have got players and work alot harder in winning the ball back.

The whole teams first touch and basic passing was poor first half slightly improved second.

We have no one willing to just have a crack at goal.

There was no noise from our fans until we up't our tempo and started to attack them more.

Bryson,Hendrick and Ball were invisable last night only noticed Ball and Bryson when they got brought off.

Disapointed we didnt play better however comparing players and money spent I feel like we didnt do too bad even though we played pretty *****??? Does that even make sense???

Meh Leicester just have got players and work alot harder in winning the ball back.

The whole teams first touch and basic passing was poor first half slightly improved second.

We have no one willing to just have a crack at goal.

There was no noise from our fans until we up't our tempo and started to attack them more.

Bryson,Hendrick and Ball were invisable last night only noticed Ball and Bryson when they got brought off.

Disapointed we didnt play better however comparing players and money spent I feel like we didnt do too bad even though we played pretty *****??? Does that even make sense???

I understand that [not sure what that says about me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ]

However, I just don't understand why so many players can't control a ball and pass straight. No wonder most attacks break down before they start. We need a forward who can hold onto it and then midfielders who can do something with it. I'm afraid such players cost money so we're very unlikely to add that sort of quality for the dosh we have on offer.

I understand that [not sure what that says about me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ]

However, I just don't understand why so many players can't control a ball and pass straight. No wonder most attacks break down before they start. We need a forward who can hold onto it and then midfielders who can do something with it. I'm afraid such players cost money so we're very unlikely to add that sort of quality for the dosh we have on offer.

I know we don't have much money but we must be able to get players who can control the football undert no pressure or who can pass it to a team mate. We are making so many basic errors, surely most midfield players can do that. The players again look unconfident but I guess as normal most believe that's the players fault

I know we don't have much money but we must be able to get players who can control the football undert no pressure or who can pass it to a team mate. We are making so many basic errors, surely most midfield players can do that. The players again look unconfident but I guess as normal most believe that's the players fault

There lies the question. What has caused these players to lose the basic skills that they seemed to posses earlier in the season.

Positivity as always, if you actually gave some insight and perspective instead of boring general moaning i'd be inclined to take your posts more seriosly.

I think Clough set the team up well, the subs were used well early enough, true on an indivudual skill level they were lacking but in the end of the day you have to buy that, there was several instances, not least the move just after Theo came on where a more quality player could have turned the game into something different but that's not Clought fault, if it had gone in from that move it would have looked like a great passing goal.

And what you said about Tom Carrol genuinely made me laugh, you must be very qualified to be able to be judge jury and executioner on a young player that quickly, send a letter to the club i'm sure Nigel needs cheering up at the moment.

a. I don't really give a **** whether you 'take my posts seriously' or not to be honest.

b. If we hadn't gone out thinking we were going to lose before a ball was kicked, if Leicester hadn't had better players all over the pitch, if we hadn't have given the ball straight back to them every time we got it, if Leicester hadn't looked as though they could beat us 5-0 without breaking sweat, if we were capable of doing the football basics like passing and controlling the ball, then yes, we might have sneaked a draw. Whoopee.

c. What qualification do I need to comment on a player on a message board? Get your head out of your arse and get over yourself.

Tom Carroll brings very little to the team, we've disrupted the midfield in order to play him in every game, and guess what, we've got 1 point out of 15. We don't need someone who can drift in and out of the game playing the odd pretty pass, we need a player who can get hold of the game and make a contribution. But I'm sure you're 'qualified' enough to know that, right?

Just a note for some fans, u can't be offside from a goal kick, twice it happened last night and some fans was abusing the linesman

Two lads next to me were on a rant for about 5 minutes at the ref. 'how can that not be offside?'.

erm, you can't be offside from a goalkick mate.

'oh, I never knew that'

Obviously.

a. I don't really give a **** whether you 'take my posts seriously' or not to be honest.

b. If we hadn't gone out thinking we were going to lose before a ball was kicked, if Leicester hadn't had better players all over the pitch, if we hadn't have given the ball straight back to them every time we got it, if Leicester hadn't looked as though they could beat us 5-0 without breaking sweat, if we were capable of doing the football basics like passing and controlling the ball, then yes, we might have sneaked a draw. Whoopee.

c. What qualification do I need to comment on a player on a message board? Get your head out of your arse and get over yourself.

Tom Carroll brings very little to the team, we've disrupted the midfield in order to play him in every game, and guess what, we've got 1 point out of 15. We don't need someone who can drift in and out of the game playing the odd pretty pass, we need a player who can get hold of the game and make a contribution. But I'm sure you're 'qualified' enough to know that, right?

This isn't a loaded question - are you saying that playing Carroll is the reason we've taken one point from 15?

No I think it's a contributing factor, we've changed the midfield round to accomodate him and it looks totally unbalanced.

Nothing against him and I'm sure he'll make a decent player one day in the right side, but that's about 4 years away and the right side isn't ours.

First half was atrocious, second to every ball and nobody looking like they wanted the ball. I can remember Frankie kicking a long ball up field looking for Tyson and the commentator saying good idea, No it was the only idea we had. The whole of the midfield was just slow and looked increadibly nervy, how many times did they get disposed by nugent or danns or someone by being outmuscled! Surely proves the need for someone like Addison in their, as we currently have 5 very similar players and he broke up the play well for Barnsley in a few of the big games. Also showed that we need to have cover in the full back position as it was only a matter of time before somebody did that to Green.

Second half was an improvement, helped considerably by the fact that they sat back and looked the break on the counter, Was impressed with Carroll, as he looked to get on the ball and picked 3 or 4 very good passes, as well as a few poor ones. However, we still didn't manage to work the keeper, and this shows the lack of quality in the final third that has been evident all season. I would like to see Maguire given a chance or even Bennett again, as we saw the impact he could have against Palace and Bristol City. But I can't see this happening, and feel we can just look forward to long balls to Tyson/Robinson, watching them appear to beat a man then falling over the ball, for the rest of the season.

1) Thought last night showed maybe in the long term we suit a 451 more. Towards the end of the First half we look a lot more balanced like this and a bit like we did at the start of the season, as passing became more fluid. I dont think 451 has to means negative as long as the midfield supports the attach which began to show in the second half. It just gives us more bodies in midfield which we were desperate for last night. Every attack Leicester had was because Danns was the extra man in their with no one picking him up.

2) Do not think Leicester really outplayed us, just the signs of a confident team against a team out of form (they must always get to play us in a good vein of form). Hence the lack of shots Derby's side. First half we let them play (mainly due to an unbalanced starting formation) and no one could hold up the ball for Derby.

3) My big criticism of Derby is (and would be due to a lack of form) that they take far too much time over each decision, whether it be a pass and it lets teams get back into position. This is why Carroll was Derby's best outlet last night as he seemed to know what he wanted to do before the ball came to him. This is Ward's biggest fault at the moment too, as he does not know whether he should go inside onto his strong foot all the time.

4) If Derby build on how they played in the second half I think they could have a strong finish to the season. They need to close down teams quicker and control the play more but I think clear chances and goals will come with confidence but they need a result soon as after Birmingham I think there is a good run of games to pick up some points.

5) In the long run, I do think Derby are mighty close of being a good side. I think Derby are needing a leader, not at the back, but in midfield or up front. At the start of the season this was Steve Davies, someone who won little freekicks and made things happen. Ball doesnt have the experience for this and I dont think the others are that type of player. If you have that then I think you would see a different Derby to now.

have to laugh really(otherwise id cry). This team are in freefall,without creating chances and dont look like scoring let alonewinning.We were completely outplayed in the first half and lester could have gone in 3 up,we had one shot on target.The manager didnt want to talk about the first half,he was too busy raving on about the second half performance,where Derby dominated.Yes nigel they did but they didnt register a shot on target in the second half!!.

This clueless manager spent the whole 90 minutes slumped in his seat.hardly moved.

Can anybody see any real improvement in the team,honestly?

do we have to wait for the inevitable relegation before this idiot is sacked?

It is crap and it doesnt look like getting any better either.I will be gald when the seasons over,ive completely had enough of clough and the muppets who "coach" this team.

have to laugh really(otherwise id cry). This team are in freefall,without creating chances and dont look like scoring let alonewinning.We were completely outplayed in the first half and lester could have gone in 3 up,we had one shot on target.The manager didnt want to talk about the first half,he was too busy raving on about the second half performance,where Derby dominated.Yes nigel they did but they didnt register a shot on target in the second half!!.

This clueless manager spent the whole 90 minutes slumped in his seat.hardly moved.

Can anybody see any real improvement in the team,honestly?

do we have to wait for the inevitable relegation before this idiot is sacked?

It is crap and it doesnt look like getting any better either.I will be gald when the seasons over,ive completely had enough of clough and the muppets who "coach" this team.

'Inevitable relegation'? While I'm not knocking anything else you say, we're 17 points ahead of Pompey and Coventry. It'll take a seriously poor run of results before they've caught up with us. Like I've said before, we won't go up or down this season (and I think most people will agree), but it's where we are at the moment (and the form that we are in) that is worrying. We won't go down though.

'Inevitable relegation'? While I'm not knocking anything else you say, we're 17 points ahead of Pompey and Coventry. It'll take a seriously poor run of results before they've caught up with us. Like I've said before, we won't go up or down this season (and I think most people will agree), but it's where we are at the moment (and the form that we are in) that is worrying. We won't go down though.

I didnt mean relegation this season. I meant that if we are burdoned with clough after this season relegation will be inevitable.

I had rather hoped Clough would berate his team and promise changes. Instead we hear we played very well and that he was proud. That's scary.

None of our midfield has any confidence on the ball. However, it can't be easy for them trying to pick a pass to our static forwards. And the ball control? Shocking. We have rubber shins.

I think we need to try a player who links the midfield and attack. I'd give Maguire a last chance, and I wouldn't write off Mason Bennett. Even though Davies is lazy and Robinson has no ball control, I think they're a better pairing than Tyson and Ball.

But let's not act like it's all lost. Young players get better, old loan players do not.

what worries me (apart from a lot of stuff) is that all the experience is in defence.Barker Shackell Roberts Green.Theres hardly any experience out of the back four.This could be helped if clough did what he said he would do if Brayford was crocked and play Naylor in his place.He was bought for cover for brayford,but was on the bench last night whilst Green was played out of position yet again.If he had played Green could have played in his natural position and brought a bit of much needed experience to the midfield.

Archived