Derby County v Leicester City

davenportram

I didnt mean relegation this season. I meant that if we are burdoned with clough after this season relegation will be inevitable.

People have been saying that every season he's been here mate, it's getting boring.

Our squad might not be great but it's good enough to stay up, and there's evidence to back it up.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People have been saying that every season he's been here mate, it's getting boring.

Our squad might not be great but it's good enough to stay up, and there's evidence to back it up.

Whats getting boring is cloughs vision of football!

I think danderous is implying that we will go down next season.

Trouble is, i agree with him.

Who wants to see this dross every week?

Whats getting boring is cloughs vision of football!

I think danderous is implying that we will go down next season.

Trouble is, i agree with him.

Who wants to see this dross every week?

We've stayed up each season Clough's been in charge, so I'd be willing to put money on us doing the same next year, providing he's still here of course.

I don't want to see dross every week, and I don't. But that's a totally different question.

whats boring is the performances and listening to clueless twits sticking up for clough.that is boring.

i never said we would go down this year.Im saying it is inevitable that relegation will happen under clough.He is out of his depth and his backroom staff are useless too.Get your head from out of your/cloughs arse and wake up.

So why hasn't it happened yet?

I haven't got my head up his arse, I just think he's not as bad as you make out, and the fact we aren't exactly where you'd like us to be in the league isn't completely his fault either. You're one of these people that thinks there two camps - one that loves, and one that hates Clough, and you can only be in one or the other. It's totally childish, but what I've come to expect. I just think he's ok - there's room for improvement for sure, but he's not doing a terrible job in my opinion.

So why hasn't it happened yet?

I haven't got my head up his arse, I just think he's not as bad as you make out, and the fact we aren't exactly where you'd like us to be in the league isn't completely his fault either. You're one of these people that thinks there two camps - one that loves, and one that hates Clough, and you can only be in one or the other. It's totally childish, but what I've come to expect. I just think he's ok - there's room for improvement for sure, but he's not doing a terrible job in my opinion.

so you dont expect improvement from the manager since he took over? i mean on the pitch,not off it.

Nothing is ever certain, but I think we're more likely to go down next year than stay up. The norm of our football is what is being played now. Each year under Clough we've had a deviation from this norm, whether it down to Bueno, Commons etc playing well, or down to new signings and a new seasons fresh optimism.

We can't rely on having such a period every season to keep us up. Especially when a team becomes utterely familiar with each other and there's no surprise or fresh impetus to lift the gloom.

This is why I love football - i can't believe that people can have such differing views !

On one side Clough can just not seem to do wrong and the other he is just about the worst manager ever !

I try to stay in the middle but I do know that there are so many things about Clough that I don't like - his actually personality being one of them ! To me he just seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder and he is incapable of admitting when he has got things wrong.

I can admit that he has had to cut wages and has had little money to spend but and its a big but that is pretty normal in this league and other managers still manage to bring success.

I do think its difficult to disagree with the fact that after 3 years we have not really progressed. Also I suspect that any other board would not have put up with this for so long - in any other team and with any other name Clough would have been long gone.

Of course we all know the reason why he hasn't - I just cannot see the board ever getting rid of Clough - and not because they truly believe he is going to bring success to the club.

Archived