Clough new contract

ianm

At last a local journalist has put us in the picture about what is actually the issue on the impasse over Nigel's new deal.

Look at the Gerald Mortimer column in the Telegraph today and he states the situation. Look after my staff and we can negotiate is the issue with Clough.

That is the issue then and thank you to Mr Mortimer for putting us in the picture. Too much to ask for Bloomfield and co on Radio Derby to actually do their job and find out what is really the problem.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive never really been comfortable with the jobs for the boys in football management - couldnt believe what came out of the woodwork when we binned billy davies.

Having said that, its Mr Cloughs team - the one he has built inc. the backroom staff and its proving to be a good one.

Hope this gets sorted sooner not later.

It's only good if the backroom staff are any good. Do people seriously rate Garner and Crosby et al as coaches? They come across as being thick as two short ones and it's often been suggested that the backroom staff aren't up to it.

Just throwing that out there.

It's only good if the backroom staff are any good. Do people seriously rate Garner and Crosby et al as coaches? They come across as being thick as two short ones and it's often been suggested that the backroom staff aren't up to it.

I hear a lot of Derby fans say this, but none of them have even spoke to them or have been coached by them. The players on the whole have come out and praised the backroom staff, that is indication enough to me that they're good enough for the role.

Well Nigel obviously rates them as he has been with them for many years. We talk about loyalty to a club or a manager to create stability and continuity and this to me is all part of that. Nigel needs blokes who he can trust around him and that is why the DoF sounds dodgy to me unless it is someone Nigel wants and not just agrees to.

I hear a lot of Derby fans say this, but none of them have even spoke to them or have been coached by them. The players on the whole have come out and praised the backroom staff, that is indication enough to me that they're good enough for the role.

when have they praised the back room staff? i know one or two of them have praised nigel but i have never heard a player praise them.

Ben Davies the other day said

"The lads are brilliant – they are top class," said the 30-year-old. "There's not one person in the dressing room that doesn't fit in.

"We all get on really well and I think the team spirit is just as important as having the right players in the team.

"I think probably last year, it wasn't quite there but it certainly is now.

"The lads are putting their bodies on the line for each other – running, tackling, heading – and you can see when someone misses a chance, we pick each other up.

"When someone makes a mistake, nobody gets on their back and that's a massive thing. I think that comes from the gaffer, the coaching staff and the players he's brought in.

"It's the gaffer's team now and everyone is working hard not just for him but for the fans and the club as a whole."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Ben-confident-Rams-aim-high-strong-team-spirit/story-13447837-detail/story.html

Sounds more like a dig at Savage but he does mention the coaching staff. I'm sure if you pulled up a few of the players interviews on Rams Player alot do mention the work the coaching team put in is top notch.

At last a local journalist has put us in the picture about what is actually the issue on the impasse over Nigel's new deal.

Look at the Gerald Mortimer column in the Telegraph today and he states the situation. Look after my staff and we can negotiate is the issue with Clough.

That is the issue then and thank you to Mr Mortimer for putting us in the picture. Too much to ask for Bloomfield and co on Radio Derby to actually do their job and find out what is really the problem.

Has he got a quote off Nigel? Or is Mr Mortimer speculating and you are turning it into fact, so you can have another dig at Colin Bloomfield and co?

I hope we get Clough and the backroom staff signed up. I don't see making changes now as a good thing.

Is this another example of poor management of the day to day running of the club by Glick? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Can't say it's poor management by Glick or not until the negotiations end, one way or another.

Archived