John Eustace

VulcanRam

That is. You can't forget what happened at the back end of August and January to support your beliefs.

My believes? You mean Dav's? I read his post as we have signed 7 players so far and we need a couple to leave before we sign more? Why does it have to be about transfer fees and how much we have got to spend? Could just be a wages thing?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will this open the door for us?

Skysports.com understands former Dundee United midfielder Prince Buaben is undergoing a medical at Watford.

Buaben is available on a free transfer after seeing out his contract at Dundee United.

The former Ajax man joined United in 2007 and he made more than 100 appearances for the Tangerines during his time on Tayside.

Turkish club Denizlispor are believed to have made an offer for Buaben, but it appears Watford are in pole position to land the 23-year-old.

A number of Championship clubs expressed an interest in signing the all-action midfielder, who has impressed at Tannadice over the last four seasons.

However, Watford are hoping to lure the Ghana international to Vicarage Road after opening talks and they are seeking to make it a double deal as they close in on Sheffield United winger Mark Yeates.

Re dcfcdavcov.

I'm not gonna get drawn into a long debate but in your 2mil raised are you including the loan fees paid. I'm sure bueno was reported as quite high then add Ward Fielding Robinson etc it must addup to, I would have thought, at least half tour figure.

On another note I wouldn't expect us to have made money from our outgoing loans,Addison I would expect is free with the shackell deal in mind, Croft we just wanted out.same with bywater though I expect we would have made a small sum off this one.

Just a thought anyway.

EXPERIENCED midfielder John Eustace is still on Derby County's radar.

The Watford skipper was identified as a transfer target back in May and the Rams remain interested in the 31-year-old, who had a loan spell at Pride Park in 2009.

Rams manager Nigel Clough feels his squad is still two or three players short as preparations continue for the new Championship season.

Clough is keen to bring in an "older head" for central midfield as well as cover at full-back and another striker.

Derby have refused to discuss their transfer targets in public during the summer.

But when asked if Eustace was still on the radar, Clough said: "Yes, nothing has changed in our view of John."

Derby have enquired about Eustace, who is in the final year of his contract at Watford.

Clough admits Derby might lack a "voice" in midfield following the departure of 36-year-old former Welsh international Robbie Savage at the end of last season.

"It is one concern," said Clough.

"We have only got a couple of players over 30 at the moment in Russell Anderson and Gareth Roberts, which is probably unusal for most Championship clubs.

"It is difficult to coach some lads to talk and organise. Some have it naturally and it is difficult to put it into those who don't have it."

Eight players have been signed by Derby since the end of last season, although three were on loan at the club last season – Frank Fielding, Jamie Ward and Theo Robinson.

"In an ideal world we still feel we are two or three players short," said Clough.

"We have been trying to get some cover at full-back because if we do get an injury to John Brayford or Gareth Roberts then we need someone to fill in there.

"We are still working on that and the experienced midfielder we have talked about we would still like in but we are conscious that not too many players have gone out the other way, so we have to balance that up as well.

"We have players in the last year of their contract, so we have to be aware of that. Come 12 months time, they could walk away for nothing."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-12947021-detail/story.html

Im hearing people saying "he was craap for us"

look at the season he just had for watford, he was there best player with graham and i would love to see us sign him, just the leader we need, we are lacking cdm's atm.

to be fair he was absolutely shocking for us, I'm hoping that was just down to a huge lack of fitness.

to be fair he was absolutely shocking for us, I'm hoping that was just down to a huge lack of fitness.

Or maybe the fact that he was generally played wide for us rather than in the middle. He wasn't that bad either - just asked to play an attacking role when that has never been in his locker.

Or maybe the fact that he was generally played wide for us rather than in the middle. He wasn't that bad either - just asked to play an attacking role when that has never been in his locker.

This.

He was partnered with two defensive players at the time, we were looking to him to get forward when it's not what he should be, look at him at Watford.

Does the sitting role perfectly, great player to have in there. Plus I did like his blowing kisses to us while still contracted to Watford after scoring against them in his first stay :D quite a ballsy thing to do really!

Derby have refused to discuss their transfer targets in public during the summer.

But when asked if Eustace was still on the radar, Clough said: "Yes"

Dear Journo.......how does that add up?

Dear Journo.......how does that add up?

Impression management. Things ain’t going as well as expected and they want us to know they’re still working on it.

According to my own high-level sources……..John wasn't impressed with our initial offer of twice the minimum wage and then suspended negotiations when he found out he'd be expected to pay his own coach fare to away games.

Impression management. Things ain’t going as well as expected and they want us to know they’re still working on it.

According to my own high-level sources……..John wasn't impressed with our initial offer of twice the minimum wage and then suspended negotiations when he found out he'd be expected to pay his own coach fare to away games.

That's a bit unfair-we also offered to pay his match fees and subs.

Archived