John Eustace

VulcanRam

Stop making stupid presumptions, you have absolutely no idea how much money we have or don't have. If we couldn't afford Eustace then we wouldn't have gone after him in the first place. If Eustace wants say 10k a week and Clough thinks he is only worth 6k a week then why would he pay him that much more than he thinks he's worth. Just because we won't give him his demands, doesn't mean we can't afford it

You're so annoying. You make stupid statements like we have the best group of CB's in the league.

You're right, we could afford Eustace, that's why we identified him, but Clough has also said we need to shift players first.

Plus if we were'nt skint, why do we have the revolving loan Ramblur has alluded to?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're so annoying. You make stupid statements like we have the best group of CB's in the league.

You're right, we could afford Eustace, that's why we identified him, but Clough has also said we need to shift players first.

Plus if we were'nt skint, why do we have the revolving loan Ramblur has alluded to?

I actually said I think we have one of the best groups of CB's in the league, very different to what you just said.

We probably do have to shift players, but I'd imagine that's more about having too many players rather than money. We could probably sign Eustace now without having to sell anyone.

I have no idea what this means, I'll go do some research on ramblur's threads

I actually said I think we have one of the best groups of CB's in the league, very different to what you just said.

We probably do have to shift players, but I'd imagine that's more about having too many players rather than money. We could probably sign Eustace now without having to sell anyone.

I have no idea what this means, I'll go do some research on ramblur's threads

So who's making the assumptions?

Revolving loan seems to be payed off every June, then reappear in July, secured against next seasons ST income. Along them lines anyway. Why the need for it, if we could just sign players?

So who's making the assumptions?

Revolving loan seems to be payed off every June, then reappear in July, secured against next seasons ST income. Along them lines anyway. Why the need for it, if we could just sign players?

I'm not making any assumptions, I'm speculating as to what might be happening. You were getting all depressed because "we can't afford him".

As I say I don't really know what this is so I can't really answer that

I'm not making any assumptions, I'm speculating as to what might be happening. You were getting all depressed because "we can't afford him".

As I say I don't really know what this is so I can't really answer that

I understand cashflow might get low during the periods where income is less, and it's not unusual for a club to have overdrafts etc, but we have it every year it seems. Bit strange for a club who could just go out and buy Eustace.

Yep, just about to post that.

A bit of a blow to us that. imo.

Glick was confident of getting him. I hope they have other options. Even a season loan. But if that DM spot is left wanting, well, Barker and Shackell will have more to do than they could ever want.

Yep, just about to post that.

A bit of a blow to us that. imo.

Glick was confident of getting him. I hope they have other options. Even a season loan. But if that DM spot is left wanting, well, Barker and Shackell will have more to do than they could ever want.

Money is either really tight and we really do need to shift one player to get another, or we've been pissing about over a couple of grand a week in wages.

My bets on both of them :(

Must admit, I'm not overly bothered by this other than the fact that we seem to have been p1ssing about over him all summer.

My guess now is that we'll either stick with one holding player in the middle (Bailey), or we'll start using Hendrick once he's back from international duty.

Depends if you believe Bloomers in saying the sticking point was his wages. No reason for him to lie.

Not necessarily,

We agree a fee with Watford, offer him £x per week.

He has no desire to leave Watford and tells them that he us willing to stay if they can beat our wage offer.

Watford decide they have no need to sell and offer him more than us.

He then comes back to us and says he'll join if we beat their offer.

This process could gave happened 2 or 3 times over the past couple of months.

Eustace may have had no intention of leaving Watford and just been playing the clubs off against each other, until such time either club got fed up and he would just take Watford's highest offer.

It is possible that we offered him a higher wage than them, he went back to Watford and asked them to match or better or what their best offer was. They say our best offer is this (could be less than our offer) and he signs it because he never wanted to go.

We failed to agree personal terms (wages) not because we didn't offer a decent wage but because he never wanted to leave Watford and he was using us to get more out of them.

Not necessarily,

We agree a fee with Watford, offer him £x per week.

He has no desire to leave Watford and tells them that he us willing to stay if they can beat our wage offer.

Watford decide they have no need to sell and offer him more than us.

He then comes back to us and says he'll join if we beat their offer.

This process could gave happened 2 or 3 times over the past couple of months.

Eustace may have had no intention of leaving Watford and just been playing the clubs off against each other, until such time either club got fed up and he would just take Watford's highest offer.

It is possible that we offered him a higher wage than them, he went back to Watford and asked them to match or better or what their best offer was. They say our best offer is this (could be less than our offer) and he signs it because he never wanted to go.

We failed to agree personal terms (wages) not because we didn't offer a decent wage but because he never wanted to leave Watford and he was using us to get more out of them.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-W51QY6mHDfk/TfFQbXC9Y9I/AAAAAAAABwc/LdMINugIRoY/s1600/omg.jpeg

Or maybe his pregnant wife didn't want to move up north.

Or maybe his cats really old and they didn't want to put her down if they had to move.

I made them up.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-W51QY6mHDfk/TfFQbXC9Y9I/AAAAAAAABwc/LdMINugIRoY/s1600/omg.jpeg

Or maybe his pregnant wife didn't want to move up north.

Or maybe his cats really old and they didn't want to put her down if they had to move.

I made them up.

Just like you made up the possibility of us not having enough money.

Davenport's story is just as believable as yours

I'm liking the comment on the Watford observer from a fan. It reply shows how inflated the opinions of some fans can be. 3 million? Where did he pull that figure from? Oh yeah, his gaping chuff pipe! Distaff has never been worth 3 million!

So! Plan B. Any ideas? Bryson and Hendrick to help out Bails? Starting to think our permanent signings are done.

Or maybe he is in the last part of his career and doesn't want to move to a club where he could get frozen out, so would rather stay at a club where he is respected and guaranteed regular football. It's called loyalty, not much around these days but at least we found some.

Keep telling yourselves that.

Jaysus, if we signed Waghorn, i would be like "good stuff, million plus wages is a sizeable investment"

Why can't you lot just say "fair enough, it looks like we do have to move someone on before we sign someone" - as Clough has suggested.

Meh, if i was a betting man, i'd say we delayed the offer until we could shift someone, and Eustace got fed up and signed a new contract.

Archived