John Eustace

VulcanRam

I go along with norris dont want eustace or

graham neither any good last time they came

Just to point out about Graham, he is the divisions top goalscorer and that when he came, he was just a kid! :D if we coughed enough money then i'd gladly have Graham. But its unlikely since Newcastle have expressed an interest.

Eustace will be great in the 4 2 3 1 formation, but i cant see him playing next to bailey in a 4 4 2 since they are very similar players.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I go along with norris dont want eustace or

graham neither any good last time they came

I agree, Danny Graham was **** before, he would be **** again.. only got 27 goals this season, ******' awful record.. think I'd of got more with a bag over my head!

I always thought the criticism laid on Graham when he was here as a kid was unfair. He had no support whatsoever in a very poor team, but did hold the ball up reasonably well and made himself a few chances. Obviously, he never took them but still.

did we have Eustace on loan last season? didn't seem brilliant but apparently he has been excellent at watford this season

Sure did. 'Usless Eustace' was thrown about a fair bit. Haven't seen much of him this season, b ut heard he's been brilliant in parts, very average in others.

We could do with some consistency really.

When he was here I didn't think he was half as bad as a lot of seem to be making out and as far as I can remember he was not played in the "Savage" role - Savage was busy doing that at the time. I'm sure he was played as a more attacking player out on the flanks (a bit like we did with Tongue - also out of position).

The Watford fans rate him highly and the way they describe him and the role he delivers in knitting together what they regard as a weak midfield in a young and inexperienced side would seem to fit very well with what we need.

Yes, on the face of it we might all be a little undewhelmed by the idea of Useless Eustace (a nickname that is more to do with how it ryhmes as the truth in it) coming here but when you pull it apart this could be an important signing if it goes ahead. I remember being generally underwhelmed by most of the signings we have made of defensive / holding midfielders over the last quarter of a century only to change my mind when I have seen what they do in the context of the team. I think that is the nature of the role they play (unflashy, unfussy and simple stuff - i.e. Graint Williams or Lee Carsley)

• 1 month later...
no idea, i think the majority of the spending pot is empty until we can offload a few of the ones we don't want.

How can you back that up, when we have offers on the table for Waghorn and Eustace totalling around £1.5m?

when were those offers? before we signed everyone, like i said if you could read it, i said in my opinion, i didn't say factual or any factual words or insinuations that hint of a factual nature. The only thing more annoying is when people spout on about something you didn't even mention.

I'd like to see Eustace come here as I think he would just round off our midfield, but seems like Watford are in trouble, also Eustace is wanted by old boss (surprise, surprise) although, since Malky has raped Watford of 5 members of staff, think they're more likely to sell this way!

Archived