John Eustace

VulcanRam

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this is all bull and speculation- If we want the guy we will get him. We won't pay over the odds but I think we have realised that we can't penny pinch either. It's good that we are spending but also that we are not throwing money about- it means we won't be held to ransom

Skipper John Eustace fired the Hornets into an early lead....

Hornets skipper John Eustace levelled matters in equally impressive style....

“We have some great pros in John Eustace, Martin Taylor, Aidy Mariappa, Lloyd Doyley and others.....

Eusty [John Eustace] was terrific like he always is.....

No suggestion of a move from their end.

if we don't have a plan B for waghorn and eustace then it is farcical by the management quite frankly, Waghorn simply isn't going to come as Leicester can pay his wages and let him rot in the reserves rather than selling him to another championship team, eustace is seemingly integral to watford and thus it will take a decent chunk of money to prize him away.

I would have thought we were trying different avenues and asking about a few players, and maybe trying to get a couple of loan players

i do hope we're getting the point where we don't need loans

play hendrick....play cywka.....play ben davies......play [sIZE=1]pearson[/sIZE]

I expect us to perhaps get Blanchett and maybe get a RB cover for Brayford on loan (on't play people out of position please!) or something along those lines. A loan out and out striker wouldn't be too bad if there's anyone about as Waghorn doesn't look likely. But you build teams around players like Eustace, so it is a position that needs to be filled by someone on 'our books' in my opinion.

This summer is slowly turning sour, seems like Eustace has come into the summer with a bang though would love to see him here, although the chances of that are looking very unlikely, which is a shame.

We need to look to plan b, or step up!

I expect us to perhaps get Blanchett and maybe get a RB cover for Brayford on loan (on't play people out of position please!) or something along those lines. A loan out and out striker wouldn't be too bad if there's anyone about as Waghorn doesn't look likely. But you build teams around players like Eustace, so it is a position that needs to be filled by someone on 'our books' in my opinion.

Maybe that's why Clough into today's DET is bemoaning injuries and not getting a chance to look at Bailey in the DM role.

This summer is slowly turning sour, seems like Eustace has come into the summer with a bang though would love to see him here, although the chances of that are looking very unlikely, which is a shame.

We need to look to plan b, or step up!

have we got a plan B?

Pearson :mad:

If he starts in DM then we'll give plenty of chances away. Plenty. Same with Connor Doyle.

I still think we'll get Eustace though. Still time even after the first game. But i hope we have a few natural DM's lined up. It's not as if you need a great ball player. Get a Doorman and stick Bailey next to him if you have to. Just need an older head who's a hard tackler with a natural defensive instinct.

I'd rather see Anderson or Leacock there than Pearson or Doyle. Please let Bryson and Bailey get fit and STAY fit.

one does have to wonder why all our players get injured? i mean seriously it gets to a point a bit beyond a joke. I wouldn't let pearson or doyle near that position or the first team, leacock would be a good fit there i think, not anderson, I would say addison but he is out on loan, he would be a good defensive mid if he could shed some of the muscle and be a bit more mobile than a wardrobe. Watford don't have to sell and that means they will want a decent bit of money for him money which maybe either we aren't willing to spend or the transfer kitty doesn't allow it.

one does have to wonder why all our players get injured? i mean seriously it gets to a point a bit beyond a joke. I wouldn't let pearson or doyle near that position or the first team, leacock would be a good fit there i think, not anderson, I would say addison but he is out on loan, he would be a good defensive mid if he could shed some of the muscle and be a bit more mobile than a wardrobe. Watford don't have to sell and that means they will want a decent bit of money for him money which maybe either we aren't willing to spend or the transfer kitty doesn't allow it.

Agree with you mate. Not sure what we can do about the injuries but we do get a lot of them, and it's frustrating as hell!

Leacock would probably fit better than Anderson, they are both decent ball players though. But i think Leacock might have his head elsewhere. Plus is lapses in concentration are too frequent at the best of times. Don't think he has the mentality to play for us in DM. Maybe another club. So i'd give Anderson the nod. But Leacock could be soo much better.

Addison would be a perfect solution despite not having the experience. He's just,as you say, as mobile as wardrobe :D. Certianly if he can become more mobile he would be ok as DM alongside a decent passer.

But atm, we have nothing like that. Anderson and Leacock are the closest. But i think Nigel will try and make Pearson fit. Imo he's just no good anywhere. At best he's OK. If he plays more than 20 games for Derby this season then i'ma hang myself. But i can honestly see him featuring as a DM if Eustace doesn't come.

Eustace will come. (I hope i've typed that in a way that inspires confidence. :rolleyes::p)

if pearson comes in at defensive mid i can almost gurantee we will be down the lower reaches of the table, that position will be so important for the balance of the team and the protection of the back line you can't have a weak link there, that position for me is just as if not more important than a star striker.

I agree with you on everything else as well actually, leacock you do have a very valid point about his mentality, i was just thinking because he is more mobile and personally for me a better passer than anderson he would be a good fit, but he does have very poor concentration which will cost us. It isa real shame we don't have addison, what about hendrick in that role?

I personally think Anderson would be the best person for the DM role, but the only other person that I could see that might be good enough to play the DM role as well is B. Davies as didn't he play RB the other day in the pre-season friendly and put in a decent performance. Plus he would be good for distributing the ball from that position. Its just a thought.

i do hope we're getting the point where we don't need loans

play hendrick....play cywka.....play ben davies......play [sIZE=1]pearson[/sIZE]

Wouldn't mind 1 or 2 season long loans, if it improves the team.

Archived