John Eustace

VulcanRam

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are you lot so clueless? he was rated as Watfords most influential player this season, and a look on their website showed an army of fans saying he is one of the key players they cannot lose for next season!

so why on earth would this be a bad signing?

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?t=37653

Because they didnt finish that much higher up than us and average isnt really what i had in mind to make me want to spend £500

Because they didnt finish that much higher up than us and average isnt really what i had in mind to make me want to spend £500

Awww, I thought west standers liked having something to moan about :D ( and if your renewing you want at least £40 change from £500)

he's not exactly the greatest player in terms of consistency and general play

Eustace has had some great games this season, but he's also had many poor games

Sell sell sell, old, inconsistent, Jordan Stewart-esque aimless floated balls, high earner etc etc

strange one.....i don't remember him being rated when he was here last time??

he's not exactly the greatest player in terms of consistency and general play

Eustace has had some great games this season, but he's also had many poor games

Sell sell sell, old, inconsistent, Jordan Stewart-esque aimless floated balls, high earner etc etc

strange one.....i don't remember him being rated when he was here last time??

Ramnut you are so frustrating at times. I bet you are some one who would trawl through pages and pages of positive information find the one sentence that is negative and post something on the lines of they have stitched us up again.

What you like at telling stories, Once upon a time....the end. Did you enjoy that.

It is called debate if you put both sides of an arguement together instead of picking something out and justputting one liners with no credence etc.

I have attached the following responses to the comment you put on for peoples interest. Further to this when he was here it was under the old Watford Manager who did not pick him, as with Ward and Co this year came here and did a job nothing special but he hadn't been playing. He returns to suddenly under a new manager becoming not only first choice in midfield but their captain. Now sorry even at Derby we couldn't really drop Sav as we have not had anything here to replace him week out. At Watford this ain't the case. I for one would have him and would welcome him.

"Some of you lot are unbelievable, it's like Watford fans see a £ sign and no matter how important a player is to us, even if he's our captain, no matter how ridiculous the fee is, that's it, move him on.

Eustace would be even harder to properly replace than Graham, he absolutely must stay. "

Some of you lot are unbelievable, it's like Watford fans see a £ sign and no matter how important a player is to us, even if he's our captain, no matter how ridiculous the fee is, that's it, move him on.

Eustace would be even harder to properly replace than Graham, he absolutely must stay.

Are you a troll? Without Eustace we would have quite possibly been in a relegation fight. ffs get real man!

Some of you lot are unbelievable, it's like Watford fans see a £ sign and no matter how important a player is to us, even if he's our captain, no matter how ridiculous the fee is, that's it, move him on.

Eustace would be even harder to properly replace than Graham, he absolutely must stay.

Completely agree.

Some people on here are either trolling or are extremely stupid if they can't see just how vital Eustace is to the team. Absolute idiots.

My old man might actually have got something right!

After the match on saturday he said 'Well Eustace is off then', he waited for all the other players to throw their shirts in the crowd/clap us etc, and then came over on his own afterwards. My dad said it looked like he was saying goodbye. I passed it off as just being the captain so waiting until the end, but maybe that really was his farewell.

Hopefully he will stay, he's been vital for us and has shown loyalty which is very rare these days.

Players' ability can improve over time, if i had told you two years ago that Andy Carroll will become the record British transfer fee holder, or Charlie Adam would have been the subject of £10m bids from top Premier League sides you would have never believed me.

I thought Eustace was poor when he were here for a bit. Its a team game though, if he's been given a certain role for watford this season and has done it well, then fair enough.

The problem is a lot of fans want WOW signings, not journeymen who may improve the team without being exciting (Oakley?).

BTW, are we just discussing rumours here. Anything been said by either club?

Savage retiring, he's better than Savage so that's an improvement.

Midfield is now a priority with Savage gone a Green injured. At the end if the loan spell we had a pletherer of midfielders and people were complaining we had too many.

I don't care if he's an improvment on Sav, that doesn't say a lot does it?

Signings like Eustace do not improve our squad into one that can challenge for the top 6.

Eustace is a cheap imitation of Savage, a mediocre midfield player that is an AVERAGE player at best, he's 31, has dodgy knees and has had 1 good season..........they finished 14th, hardly an achievment.

Signings like Eustace do not improve our squad into one that can challenge for the top 6.

Eustace is a cheap imitation of Savage, a mediocre midfield player that is an AVERAGE player at best, he's 31, has dodgy knees and has had 1 good season..........they finished 14th, hardly an achievment.

I dont really want to do a "NorthernRam" and slag of other ppl's suggestions but you would be happy with Gunnarson who is 35 and Rowlands 32 both had there fair share of injury's oh and McCann how long had he been out before he scored against us???

All you do is moan about anything connected to Derby harddly an achievment.

I agree with everything you just said.....

Remember when we had him on loan? i don't think he did well at all then either

If we had to sign this kind of player who is older and an improvement on sav, i would very much like to see oakley back....one of my favourite players and an excellent captain who can control the game

Clough stated that he had other priorities when we had the chance to sign him permanently after the loan spell, so what exactly has changed given that we are looking to 'improve'?

The are a lot of options tbh D. Norris, Brynjar Gunnarsson, Martin Rowlands, Julio Arca, Neil Kilkenny, Isaac Osbourne, Chris McCann e.t.c all of them are free agents.

All better than Eustace??? BULL ***** (I will give you Arca and Norris)

thought I'd ask the opinion of a Watford supporter friend of mine, here's his reply ...

"Heard the Eustace rumours & I hope they’re wrong!! He’s been inspirational for us since I wrote him off a couple of years back. Priceless leadership in such a young & inexperienced squad…"

Eustace turned down Leeds for Watford.

Yes.

Leeds were in the league below, and Watford were paying silly wages.

Remember why we had Ellington? They couldn't afford him.

NEXT!

Let's get some facts straight here you lemon.

Leeds offered him a PAY INCREASE from his original £8,000 a week contract to join them, he heard them out an turnt it down and then took a WAGE DROP to stay at Watford, he's also waived his appearance fees so now he's on a much smaller wage deal than before.

You had Ellington because you paid us £1M to loan him and then take him for free at the end, but you decided not too, and you paid all his wages which are £14k-£18K a week. We put in a new wage structure at the time where no one was to earn over £5K a week, hence why Mat Sadler also went out on loan and why Ellington has spent the rest of his contract at Xanthi and PNE.

Archived