John Eustace

VulcanRam

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not overly disappointed to be honest. Did it occur to anyone that if we are indeed playing 4-1-3-2 and the 1 was going to be Eustace where would Bailey have figured??? Would he have got a look in as one of the 3???

It looks as though he'll have to mature a lot quicker than expected at this rate, I smell a loan coming on for back up...

It seems like we're giving up on permanent signings for the mean while, according to a colin bloomfield tweet, a striker, centre midfielder and full back are wanted, probably loan deals.

What a kick in the teeth after a promising start, I feel deflated with how this month has gone and the board seem to have gone back on their word, very disappointing!

It seems like we're giving up on permanent signings for the mean while, according to a colin bloomfield tweet, a striker, centre midfielder and full back are wanted, probably loan deals.

What a kick in the teeth after a promising start, I feel deflated with how this month has gone and the board seem to have gone back on their word, very disappointing!

couldn't agree more, when was this tweet?

I agree. I am an eternal optimist and I was relatively happy with the signings, whilst reserving judgement for the last few pieces of the puzzle.

I wasnt even bothered by the "Championship" quality quote as I believe the players we signed early doors were good and will perform well.

However, the fact remains we are short a striker, defensive mid and full back. If these all end up being loans it would be a bit dissapointing.

I cant see at all how we are going to challenge for top half given what we have currently and given how other teams are gearing up. Now I dont expect promotion, I'd be happy with a season of progression and mid table, but unless we get some additional quality that could be difficult. As for the "challenging for top 6" statement a few months ago...that sounds a long way off.

couldn't agree more, when was this tweet?

Earlier on in the day..

ColinBloomfield Colin Bloomfield @

@Nobbykey I still think they're short of a holding mid, striker and full back cover. But those players will come, probably on loan.

It is just deflating, I know people will say like Emjlc02 for instance 'why are you surprised' but after such a promising start, and the 6 proven championship players bit, along with the season ticket promise I genuinely thought they would stand by their word, they've just pittered out and we're left with an ill equiped squad relying on someone else to lend us players, yet again.

There wasn't any chance of me doing so, but if I had brought my season ticket for these promises then I would give it back, no doubt about it!

Earlier on in the day..

It is just deflating, I know people will say like Emjlc02 for instance 'why are you surprised' but after such a promising start, and the 6 proven championship players bit, along with the season ticket promise I genuinely thought they would stand by their word, they've just pittered out and we're left with an ill equiped squad relying on someone else to lend us players, yet again.

There wasn't any chance of me doing so, but if I had brought my season ticket for these promises then I would give it back, no doubt about it!

Is it because we are struggling to shift Leacock and Bywater? Somebody **** Bloomers. See what he says.

The season ticket promise was always spin, knowing that if people buy a season ticket they arent very likely to take it back, you either want to go or not. I would bet that there hasnt hardly been any people taking it back and it wont be due to the board spending loads on the team. The 6 proven champ players bit well we will see how they are but really none of them are hardly players who have done it at this level on a consitant basis yet bar Shacknall. Im referring to a good season not a few months. I dont like getting into the board debate as I dont really look into the finance but all they seem to do is spin corporate rubbish, which I here every day as I work for one. When have they actually really spent on the team? We through some money at it under Jewell but I think that was the payments from the prem then we have been cutting the wage bill ever since, they were never going to spend loads on it and push it up again and anyone who believed they would after spending so long getting it down needs there head testing

I think if we play 4231 with Bryson and Bailey in the anchor role we can still have decent-ish season

It wont feel ideal though, because despite buying like 8 players we still have key areas in the squad that can't afford injuries.

We needed a DM in May, 8(?) signings later we STILL need a DM.

It sounds stupid to say to "replace Savage". But i mean a player who can do what he did to a better level.

imo,

It's either bad budget managment or the investment is a bit half ar5ed again if we can't afford to add essential positions to this squad.

Message boards never cease to surprise me, although I've been looking at them long enough that nothing should surprise . I stand to be corrected but I think NC and Tom Glick talked about 6 players in terms of recruitment. We have 8 recruits and yet people are not happy unless we recruit 3 more- in other words we would have recruited an entire team. The only significant outgoing has been Varney and NC has said more than once recently that we would need to ship more players out to get more in. Nigel was clearly pinning his hopes on Eustace but I imagine the failure so far to move out Bywater, Leacock etc is the main reason we missed out on him. We have gone from beg, steal and borrow to being very, very busy doing deals, probably the busiest in our league. Yes it is disappointing to have no Sav replacement ( I'd like to think we have a plan B) and we can debate the signings so far but , realistically, we were never going to recruit an entire team , whilst shipping virtually no one out. I have been as pigged off as everyone else about the lack of investment over the last few years but get real, lads and lasses, we were never going to go from the ridiculous to the sublime in one transfer window. In any event , the window doesn't shut until the end of August

Let's not gorge our eyes out because we didn't get Eustace. We only want him now we know we can't get him.

There's still a week and a day till the new season starts, and over a month until the transfer window closes. A week after that, we have a lumping great loan window with premier league players aplenty.

In short - and I'd never thought I'd have to type these words - I don't think we'll go down just because we haven't signed John Eustace.

I think with the recruits we have thusfar, our injury record over the last season or two then we're not too far of a repeat performance. The circumstances would be very disappointing if people were gullible enough to believe that we might actually sign some hot property at this level, but clearly we're nowhere near that market anymore.

Thankfully, we haven't signed Eustace. His time here was very low-key. Good luck to him at Watford, think he is suited to being the main man at a smaller club.

Possibly we may get some loan deals in that offer "better value for money". I'm already bored and the season hasn't even kicked off...

I reckon this is why we haven't signed or been linked with anyone else in midfield lately, maybe we had waited to see if he signed a new deal at Watford, surely if he rejected them then they might have been wanting to offload him for abit of cash?

If you read the account of how he (Eustace) turned down Leeds last year then you'd know that he was pretty happy at Watford.

They like him.

Did we really think we'd get him for £200k??

We've made ourselves look a bit silly......we were too public with this.

Particularly all that stuff about Eustace being better than Hendrick.

Cloughie Snr played 16 year old Steve Powell.

Archived