John Eustace

VulcanRam

Again, did anyone manage to read the link I posted up?

when was the last time we signed a player that the other team didn't want to leave in the same division? I know he isn't a name, however if we go on how they've performed for us in the past we'd have howard over miller, danny graham and peter whittingham wouldn't even be in our squad.

Why is it the natural reaction to be-rate players before they've even had a chance on here? makes our support seem piss weak and idiotic IMO.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when was the last time we signed a player that the other team didn't want to leave in the same division? I know he isn't a name, however if we go on how they've performed for us in the past we'd have howard over miller, danny graham and peter whittingham wouldn't even be in our squad.

Why is it the natural reaction to be-rate players before they've even had a chance on here? makes our support seem piss weak and idiotic IMO.

Hear Hear

Well, he's been here before, and was dubbed John Useless by everybody.

Graham, Whittingham etc were all on-loan to gain experience and try to fulfill their potential, which is what they seem to be doing.

He's only got older and finished in a mid-table Watford side. I hope it's an Oakley signing, but i think it's more of a Savage.....

Hmmm....a bit pedestrian

No doubt he will divide opinion a la Matt Oakley, who a lot of people used to slate, but I see Bailey doing his particular job.

I would rather see a big, athletic midfield powerhouse in the Olofinjana-esque mould....then again I suppose a fully-fit, in-form Addison could be that kind of player...?

It's hardly a knee jerk reaction considering we've all seen them play enough games to form a decent opinion on whether they'll be good for the team. Ward could go either way depending on where Nigel deploys him him but Robinson and Eustace won't bring anything new to the team or up the quality which is what all new signing should do. I think this is showing a lack of vision to be honest...

It's hardly a knee jerk reaction considering we've all seen them play enough games to form a decent opinion on whether they'll be good for the team. Ward could go either way depending on where Nigel deploys him him but Robinson and Eustace won't bring anything new to the team or up the quality which is what all new signing should do. I think this is showing a lack of vision to be honest...

I don't see how a key player in a team who has out performed us on every level can not be a step up?

also apart from Commons if he was here he would of been our top goalscorer from holding midfield, I agree he isn't a massive name but he'll be a big improvement on our side, massive improvement infact, going on his last season in watford colours!

If Eustace will be a big improvement on our side we are in a real mess.

I'd personally like you to name a few better options? you seem to go by what you hear in the press rather than factual opinion, I don't seem to know many holding players held in such high regard by their fans as Eustace is, however according to you he isn't very good.

but who do you think is in the better position to pass judgement, watford fans that watch him week in week out, or you who watched him for 9 games 2 years ago?

not having ago but surely you see your argument flawed, or perhaps you don't? I don't know.

I seem to remember Bailey being touted as Savages replacement when first signed and that Sav was supposed to be teaching him the tricks of the trade (god help us!)? Is all that out the window now? As for Eustace I don't remember much of him on loan to be honest but we all know that loans sometimes don't work out- I believe, rightly or wrongly, that some players just aren't able to cope mentally with the loan situation and are destined to fail to impress. Judging by the Watford fans reaction to his possible departure I am more than willing to give the guy a chance.

Can appreciate both sides of this argument.

Personally, I'd prefer Norris, especially considering that he's free. That being said, Eustace is a better option than Savage at this point.

Re Bailey - Think he's still touted as a Sav-style holding midfielder, but we play with two of them now, plus he's not really ready to be the rock in midfield yet, he needs help.

I'd personally like you to name a few better options? you seem to go by what you hear in the press rather than factual opinion, I don't seem to know many holding players held in such high regard by their fans as Eustace is, however according to you he isn't very good.

but who do you think is in the better position to pass judgement, watford fans that watch him week in week out, or you who watched him for 9 games 2 years ago?

not having ago but surely you see your argument flawed, or perhaps you don't? I don't know.

Clough stated that he had other priorities when we had the chance to sign him permanently after the loan spell, so what exactly has changed given that we are looking to 'improve'?

The are a lot of options tbh D. Norris, Brynjar Gunnarsson, Martin Rowlands, Julio Arca, Neil Kilkenny, Isaac Osbourne, Chris McCann e.t.c all of them are free agents.

Think realistically aand taking into account affordable fees, wages and availability I've got...

Neil Danns

Lee Bowyer

Stephen Quinn

Billy Jones

Clough stated that he had other priorities when we had the chance to sign him permanently after the loan spell, so what exactly has changed given that we are looking to 'improve'?

Savage retiring, he's better than Savage so that's an improvement.

Midfield is now a priority with Savage gone a Green injured. At the end if the loan spell we had a pletherer of midfielders and people were complaining we had too many.

I love the off season and all the different names we get linked with or names of ppl we should sign, Ambitious if I was you mate just give up it's like smacking your head against a brick wall, wasn't Eustace brought on loan when he was just coming back from injury? Think he has proved his fitness in the season just gone and is getting back to his best!

And ppl who are saying he isnt a improvement are some of the same ppl who have always said Sally Sav is *****! Well he aint here anymore so I would be a fecking improvement on that never mind a established champ player like Eustace.

I'm impressed so far with the signings:

Fielding - top goal keeper at this level our form has improved when he has been in the sticks

Ward - With out him think we would of been in a much closer releegation battle one we may not of won

Robinson - We have needed pace in our team for a while and he gives us that in bucket loads at the mo not much else but he really does put defences on the back foot with his speed, hope he improves on his finishing and control over the summer

COYR

Maybe he isn't that bad? :confused: :D

Maybe he isn't but their ground is terrible!!! Sort it out Elton.

Another reason I think this is probably true is that it is being reported by the Telegraph before anyone else- usually they keep quiet about the rumours from other sources until they can confirm or deny having spoke to the club. Only a few other places are picking up on the rumour now and they are quoting the Telegraph as the source so reckon its probably true...

jury is still out on this signing for me. at 31 he is getting on and this season may have been a bit of a swan song. who knows? but i would prefer someone a wee bit younger. could be good but i'm always a bit wary when we go looking at older players who have had an outstanding season with their club. who knows what he was told at the beginning of the season. could be a bit of a fluke.i thought the reason he came to us on loan was he was very mcuh out of favor at watford.

According to their fans there isn't a chance of us getting him, apparently his family are settled down that area and he is their captain and one of their key players so 200k is completely out the question!

I think the rumour mill should be back in full flow!

Archived