John Eustace

VulcanRam

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when were those offers? before we signed everyone, like i said if you could read it, i said in my opinion, i didn't say factual or any factual words or insinuations that hint of a factual nature. The only thing more annoying is when people spout on about something you didn't even mention.

Errr...my post directly related to what you said. I will re-word my question, why do you 'think' we don't have the money to buy Eustace, when we have already bid for him and Waghorn?

when did we put the offers in? i haven't heard anything about these for a long time, have we ever put an offer in for eustace?

We put an offer in for Waghorn of C£1.25m around 4 weeks ago, but Leicester wanted to see who they could get in. We appear to have made a bid of £200k at the same time for Eustace.

when were those offers? before we signed everyone, like i said if you could read it, i said in my opinion, i didn't say factual or any factual words or insinuations that hint of a factual nature. The only thing more annoying is when people spout on about something you didn't even mention.

You're losing it!

From the Beeb;

Derby County boss Nigel Clough is eager to bring in more new faces despite having already signed seven players.

Theo Robinson, Frank Fielding, Nathan Tyson, Jason Shackell, Jamie Ward, Chris Maguire and Adam Legzdins have already joined this summer.

But Clough told BBC Radio Derby: "In an ideal world maybe [we will get] two or three but it depends on outs as well.

"We have a few lads in the last year of their contracts so it depends what happens with them."

Goalkeeper Stephen Bywater, defender Dean Leacock and midfielder Stephen Pearson all have a year left to run on their deals.

And Clough said their situation will dictate both what other business they manage before the end of August and whether they look to exploit the loan market.

"The transfer window is open for another couple of months," Clough added.

"And ideally we don't want to use emergency loans but in terms of standard loans, if we can get some good players in for six months or for a season-long loan, then we will certainly look at that."

Hope this excludes possible deals for Waghorn and Eustace. If we're dependent on others leaving before we can get them then we risk not getting them. I'm quite happy with the transfer activity so far, but the expectation was that we'd supplement them with a decent striker and a decent holding midfielder.

Not sure I believe much of what is said. There have been a lot of stories about having a transfer budget and this will make selling clubs feel they can negotiate for a better fee. Saying we must sell before we buy changes expectations. It may be true but I can't say

Not sure I believe much of what is said. There have been a lot of stories about having a transfer budget and this will make selling clubs feel they can negotiate for a better fee. Saying we must sell before we buy changes expectations. It may be true but I can't say

Well we have bought loads and sold hardly any.

Well we have bought loads and sold hardly any.

Hulse and Moxey add up to about 1.2 million. Then Varney gets it up to 2 million. Savage and Porter leaving, Addison loaned out. Wage deficit if you ask me after what we've bought.

Bryson 350k

Tyson free

Maguire 400k

Shackell 1 million

Robinson + fielding + Ward 850k

Legzdins 200 = 2.8 million.

Not really spent that much. Anyway, i ain't posting **** when people are in denial. I'm ofski.

Hulse and Moxey add up to about 1.2 million. Then Varney gets it up to 2 million. Savage and Porter leaving, Addison loaned out. Wage deficit if you ask me after what we've bought.

Bryson 350k

Tyson free

Maguire 400k

Shackell 1 million

Not really spent that much. Anyway, i ain't posting **** when people are in denial. I'm ofski.

Think dav was regering to this summer.

Bryson 350k

Tyson free

Maguire 400k

Shackell 1 million

If you're going to add in sales from last season then you have to add in purchases from last season too. Brayford, Bailey, Martin, B Davies.

If you're going to add in sales from last season then you have to add in purchases from last season too. Brayford, Bailey, Martin, B Davies.

I didn't include Commons because the money was spent on B.Davies so we can forget that one.

Brayford, Bailey and Martin is over a year ago. Different seasons accounts. I can't remember far enough back to remember who we sold/released. Connolly was one.

I didn't include Commons because the money was spent on B.Davies so we can forget that one.

Brayford, Bailey and Martin is over a year ago. Different seasons accounts. I can't remember far enough back to remember who we sold/released. Connolly was one.

Okay, Brayford and Bailey were signed late May last year, would all of that money been paid before June 30th? if not then some of the cost will be out if the same accounting year as Hulse sale. Also would all the transfer fees received be received in the same accounting period?

Okay, Brayford and Bailey were signed late May last year, would all of that money been paid before June 30th? if not then some of the cost will be out if the same accounting year as Hulse sale. Also would all the transfer fees received be received in the same accounting period?

No idea why you are clutching at straws to defend the boards spending.

'Kin 'ell, talk about looking at the positives in everything.:D

I know, good innit

On how we can save for next season. Maybe with the playing side cuts complete then the focus if cuts will now shift to non team costs. I think Ramblur pointed out that these have not been significantly reduced yet.

Archived