Norwich City (H) Matchday thread

jono

31 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I'm disappointed with the comments from their manager after the game. Our second goal should definitely have been disallowed for offside, but he hadn't seen (or even heard that it was a possibility as he didn't mention it) that two of their goals shouldn't have stood because the ball went out of play.

Just the usual one-eyed t*sspot.

He should look at Warne's after-match comments as an example of how to be fair and honest.

50 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I'm disappointed with the comments from their manager after the game. Our second goal should definitely have been disallowed for offside, but he hadn't seen (or even heard that it was a possibility as he didn't mention it) that two of their goals shouldn't have stood because the ball went out of play.

Oh he saw it alright, They all have laptops to scrutinise the game, He would have seen the playback, But he has to come across to his fans that they weren't lucky...just better than us.

Just like the circa 100+ times that Arsene Venger never saw the incident that got his players sent off

47 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yes, that's bollox too - just like "these things tend to even themselves out over the course of the season". 

We don't need luck, we just need competent match officials.

That's the ideal but, whenever there is any human involvement, in all walks of life, there will be errors. We need to be "lucky" enough that at least as many significant errors go in our favour as go against us.

Proud of the boys on Saturday , draw would of been a fair result regardless of the poor officiating, yes we made some mistakes but on other occasions our football was very good against one of the better sides in the Champ, Cash and Fozzy were superb and the rest of the lads left everything out there , I’m there tomorrow night and if we show the same desire and fast counter attacking football we will come back with a point or three COYR

Was in South West upper so had a good view of ball being out, 60 yards away and it was blatantly out. Linesman 20 yards away didn't see it and should not be allowed anyway near a professional game again. This is also based on his whole performance during the match. Norwich fans are bleating for a penalty before this incident but, come on really, absolutely no way. Their third was again farcical but put away well. Overall came away from the match a mixture of elation due to our last 15 minutes of pressure and frustration.  Hopefully Lady Luck will return to us in future matches. Ah well, a point at Sunderland tomorrow and 3 points on Saturday will redeem the situation a little bit for me. Safe journey for all those travelling Rams. I will be there on Saturday along with another 28000 plus gate.COYR!

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think either provide proof, but they show that it was a contentious decision, just like if you will 'Collins offside' or 'Cashin handball' could be seen as. The first goal decision is an awful piece of officiating.

And still they ignore that they should have been down to 10 men after about 10 minutes for  the attempted murder of NML. 😡

9 minutes ago, Canary said:

Just been sent this. It's a still of the couple of seconds pre the first "goal" on Saturday.

Look at Cashin's arm. Doesnt look like it's a "natural position" to me. Infact I'd go so far to say he's lifting his arm up to block the ball..

Screenshot_20240929_145435_YouTube.thumb.jpg.dd3a9dfd8bab646784cfaa624fc4bb40.jpg

Of course you would 🙄

21 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Of course you would 🙄

...makes not a jot of difference whether it was ball to hand...or hand to ball... the fact was the ball was out of play before it was crossed...so the "goal" / penalty claim would be null and void. 

Water under the bridge now. We go again tomorrow.  Cheers. Terry. UTR 

34 minutes ago, Canary said:

Just been sent this. It's a still of the couple of seconds pre the first "goal" on Saturday.

Look at Cashin's arm. Doesnt look like it's a "natural position" to me. Infact I'd go so far to say he's lifting his arm up to block the ball..

Screenshot_20240929_145435_YouTube.thumb.jpg.dd3a9dfd8bab646784cfaa624fc4bb40.jpg

I repeat my earlier comment that you should have played all but 10 minutes of the match with 10 men, not that it would have made much difference because you played the entire match with 13 players anyway.

1 hour ago, Canary said:

Comedy gold.

If it was so blatant, how do you explain Sargent popping into the front row of the south stand immediately afterwards to cross it in without the slightest appeal for hand ball from him or any other player?

56 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

...makes not a jot of difference whether it was ball to hand...or hand to ball... the fact was the ball was out of play before it was crossed...so the "goal" / penalty claim would be null and void. 

Water under the bridge now. We go again tomorrow.  Cheers. Terry. UTR 

You’re wrong. This incident happened before the ball went out of play. 

1 hour ago, Canary said:

If you've ever played the game of football you may have slid in to block the ball and your arms raised to be used as a balance... just like when you jump to head a ball...your arms are used for balance, It's not like Cashin is Aquaman and keeps his arms by his side, The proximity of your player trying to cross the ball is now negated by the FA...too close to evade the ball...the rules have changed...dontcha know?

I remember when handball was a player swinging their arm out at full stretch to block the ball. Nowadays, smashing the ball at your opponent from 2 yards out, who happened to be sliding in for balance, is a blatant handball.

Have these people ever played football? Might as well cut the arms off at this point. Where the hell is his arm supposed to go?

Worst officials we've had since Port Vale at home a couple of seasons ago.

19 hours ago, NottsRam said:

so far up his jaxi 

Was going to ask why you spelled it with an ‘x’ but when I checked I found this:

jacksy (sl) noun meaning buttock or anus. Also jacksie, jaxey, jaxie

So, close enough! I guess it’s the spelling Jane Austen would have preferred but on a quick flick through Mansfield Park I couldn’t find an example. 

14 hours ago, Canary said:

If you look at the real-time or slo-mo footage, you'll note that Cashin was retracting his arm when the ball struck it, not moving it towards the ball. It would be very difficult for him to have his arms by his sides making that challenge, which was an entirely legitimate one.