Sober October

Day

I like the odd pint, can’t lie.

I’ve been challenged to do this, by myself for two reasons.

1) To raise funds for those affected by Cancer. As a family, we have suffered 2 losses in recent years. It hurts to see our family suffer like this, lives that were taken far too young.

2) My own health.

If I can go 31 days without alcohol with your support, whilst raising money to support other families going through the same pain, and improving my own health at the same time.

Seems like a win/win no brainer. 

https://www.gosober.org.uk/users/david-hinds-2?share_id=36&share_type=social_image

5 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Weren't you off it for a while , a few years ago? I don't mean just for a month . Or maybe that was someone else on here. 

I did 2 years yeah, again health reasons at the time.

Since my meltdown on this board 2 or 3 years ago, I've had a couple of slip-ups, but I am currently on day 292 sans alcohol.

The first few days were tough and a couple of holidays were challenging, but other than that, I don't miss it and I'm a LOT better off financially.

I'd be foolish to say I'll never drink again, but I feel reasonably confident I won't

1 hour ago, Srg said:

If you stop drinking Madri, you'll put me in the dole queue. For that reason, I can't support this.

How much was he drinking ffs????

Bullies the lot of ya. Give me your addresses and I’ll come judge what’s in your fridge with your hipster fruity weird stuff no doubt.

@Boycie has a park bench in his kitchen to sit and drink his tramp juice on, watch him deny it.

16 minutes ago, Day said:

Bullies the lot of ya. Give me your addresses and I’ll come judge what’s in your fridge with your hipster fruity weird stuff no doubt.

@Boycie has a park bench in his kitchen to sit and drink his tramp juice on, watch him deny it.

Nothing to joke about in my fridge

image.thumb.png.6fcd5b168702f1fd3937ed2489644684.png

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

32 minutes ago, Day said:

I don't think I've got any beers in the fridge. I shall be placing a few in there soon as we will be getting a lot of visitors over the next few months because my daughter is "fallera mayor" this year (look up Fallas of Valencia) and I need to have plenty available to offer. I don't normally drink beer because it sometimes gives me a migraine (no, not a hangover. I can be ill for a week, even with 0% beer), and I can't remember the last time I had a drink at home. However, it won't come as a surprise to you that it will be Spanish beers.

ps. I've never even tried the fruit beers. They sound fairly disgusting. I do however indulge when the local Lidl has boxes of 6 Marston's group beers for 7€.

41 minutes ago, Day said:

I only drink lager that’s brewed in the country of origin.  Tyske is about the only one you can get that’s not brewed under licence in the uk, mind you, some in Aldi and the Lidl are brewed in Germany.

I’ll tell you what, I don’t know about Stoptober @Day it’ll sort that flock of starlings that keep ruining your WC every morning.  No beer, no senseless Gluten eating under the influence init.