Brian Clough

When he lived in Quarndon I went to his house to ask for a autograph on a photo, Barbara showed me in, he signed it,then signed a copy of his book and gave me that too

I thanked him for it and said I`ve already got a signed copy of this from a book signing at Waterstones you did a few months ago

"Well you`ve got two now young man " he said

Brilliant !!

18 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

When he lived in Quarndon I went to his house to ask for a autograph on a photo, Barbara showed me in, he signed it,then signed a copy of his book and gave me that too

I thanked him for it and said I`ve already got a signed copy of this from a book signing at Waterstones you did a few months ago

"Well you`ve got two now young man " he said

Brilliant !!

Believe Ryan Nyambe likes there now.

I had the pleasure/misfortune to play against his Sons...Simon and Nigel when they played for AC Hunters(Sunday football)Brian would always be down there watching and giving "orders" They walloped us 5-0 I was in goal, I'm the one you can here for miles...shouting and giving "orders", Game finished on Darley Fields, Brian in his Merc...rolled the windows down and said "you're a credit to the game young man" I lived on that for a while 😉

Coronation 81 was a team that were pretty good but could intimidate you to get the points, Always fun and games with them, They played AC Hunters, The fact they'd play in Forest kit was an extra reason to leave a foot in there, Their game after the 1st few mins was halted as Coronation 81s CH had collapsed with a bad knee injury, Ambulance came and the game ended after 90mins.

BC got in touch with 81s secretary to see how the CH was, Out of hospital and recovering at home, BC offered all facilities for the CH to rehabilitate, The offer was taken up and a speedy recovery was had.

A clever fella was our Brian, Chuck a sprat to catch a maceral, Whenever 81 played AC Hunters there was never any bother again.

The players name..."Yosser" you can guess his surname 😉 went on to take over the Buck in the Park, A time that Scarrott(the clown who BC slapped for running on the pitch) thought was a good pub to attack...full of DLF, He got the beating of his life, Died in Spain from a drug overdose.

The best manager never to manage England was Brian...imo 👍     

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

A time that Scarrott(the clown who BC slapped for running on the pitch) thought was a good pub to attack...full of DLF, He got the beating of his life, Died in Spain from a drug overdose.

Scarott was the one he slapped? I never knew that. I did know he died in Spain.

He was famously thrown out of the BBG at a testimonial match between them and us. First time, marched out, second time, struggling a bit, third time carried by his arms and legs. At his court case, his solicitor remarked "my client realises he should not have kept going back into the ground, m'lud, but he felt hard done by".

5 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

I had the pleasure/misfortune to play against his Sons...Simon and Nigel when they played for AC Hunters(Sunday football)Brian would always be down there watching and giving "orders" They walloped us 5-0 I was in goal, I'm the one you can here for miles...shouting and giving "orders", Game finished on Darley Fields, Brian in his Merc...rolled the windows down and said "you're a credit to the game young man" I lived on that for a while 😉

Coronation 81 was a team that were pretty good but could intimidate you to get the points, Always fun and games with them, They played AC Hunters, The fact they'd play in Forest kit was an extra reason to leave a foot in there, Their game after the 1st few mins was halted as Coronation 81s CH had collapsed with a bad knee injury, Ambulance came and the game ended after 90mins.

BC got in touch with 81s secretary to see how the CH was, Out of hospital and recovering at home, BC offered all facilities for the CH to rehabilitate, The offer was taken up and a speedy recovery was had.

A clever fella was our Brian, Chuck a sprat to catch a maceral, Whenever 81 played AC Hunters there was never any bother again.

The players name..."Yosser" you can guess his surname 😉 went on to take over the Buck in the Park, A time that Scarrott(the clown who BC slapped for running on the pitch) thought was a good pub to attack...full of DLF, He got the beating of his life, Died in Spain from a drug overdose.

As an ex DLF member I remember being in the Buck that day , yes a mighty misjudgment by Scarrott

5 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

I think I'd still be starting every conversation with that line today if I were you!

Was it obvious back then that Nige was destined to be a top player?

18 minutes ago, FKANorwichExile said:

I think I'd still be starting every conversation with that line today if I were you!

Was it obvious back then that Nige was destined to be a top player?

It was Simons team, I believe Nigel was signed/played for the dogs but played a few games for Hunters he'd be 17/18 but that's a guess, I only played against them twice, Nigel only played in the 5-0 win but not the other game...it was Dads call👍

We'd heard he was pretty good on the grapevine, Only to be confirmed a little later in his life 😏 

7 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

I played for AC Hunters and the corro both played Sunday afternoon 

i usually played Sunday morning but used to help hunters out when they were short (my mate was secretary) 

anyway I got the call to play against the corro who were all my mates needless to say they kicked the crap out of me. I thought the best way to prolong my playing days ( I was about 20 then) was to play for the corro 😁

I watched a couple of my mates play against AC hunters I had a full plaster on a broken leg. 

simon played CB along with Wee Archie Gemmill (who I swear won every header)

Simon was crap that day but his brother, current Forest and England ran the line!

cloughie banged out the instructions but his side couldn’t get past my mate at LB who had a great first half.

At HT Cloughie asked me what I’d done. I said broke me leg playing first friendly.

unlucky young man he said, then asked me who the LB was. ‘Cracking footballer’ he said.

I told my mate as the players came back out and he had a stinker second half and AC won the game.

I swear cloughie winked at me as they left! 🤣

9 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

My mate scored against AC Hunters and BC was watching the game. My mate saw BC clapping his goal and he didn’t shut up about it for weeks.

8 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Great stories gents, keep it up. 👏🏻

This is my last BC story 

We had a mate that lived on Meadow Lane in Chadd in the 70s and 80s, He was a bit of a Ladies man, Somehow he got to meet a young Elizabeth Clough(she was a bit of a rebel back then)there was a good age gap between them.

BC got to find out about this torrid affair and ventured down Meadow Lane to confront our mate, The order was to stop seeing her, Mate says...I don't think so, She was 18+ and can decide for herself, Then BC gets hold of him and a wrestle starts on the front lawn, Not too sure if punches were thrown or just a cat fight 🤷‍♂️

Both got up and the verbals started...with warnings from both sides, Mate later that week gets in touch with the News of the World and sells the story, He got a couple of Grand I think, A few years later mate bails from Chadd/Derby.

BC was a stickler for discipline in his household and on the pitch I'm led to believe, There was some friction between Father and Daughter but heeled as the years went by.

The End 👍