Investment

I am sure I have read that Clowes is looking for investors. Not sure if there have been any developments but with the inflated fees and wages being demanded by agents and players any addition to our war chest would be appreciated. Any ITKers heard owt?

I think it was more in the sense he’d be open to investors rather than actively needing them.

Don’t forget he reluctantly bought us. It isn’t like Morris who was overly-ambitious in getting us to the PL. I think Clowes will probably accept it’s very unlikely to happen with just his backing.

I do think we’d be a very attractive prospect for anybody looking to invest in a Championship club. Surviving this season would make us even more attractive to potential investors.

The big difference is Clowes didn't want to own Derby County, he just didn't want to see us die and he had the funds to save us at the 11th hour.

A club the size of Derby, the revenue we receive from attendence along with being virtually debt free (very rare for a Championship club) we'd be a very tempting prospect for potential investers.

It is also my understanding that that Clowes also wants to remain involved, which I presume is to prevent another dice roller on getting us to the Prem.

1 hour ago, thischarmingram said:

Pearce said this week in the interview that Clowes is open to it (not actively pursuing it) and that it would have to be the right fit, making it sound like he would still want to be involved rather than be bought out. 

Thought Clowes has actually said he'd still want to be involved? Can't see many offering much money up to just have a bit of the Club?

8 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

I am sure I have read that Clowes is looking for investors. Not sure if there have been any developments but with the inflated fees and wages being demanded by agents and players any addition to our war chest would be appreciated. Any ITKers heard owt?

Personally I think Clowes missed a trick not selling the club, or getting external investment, now. If we truly are debt free and free from the shackles of the EFL, there has never been a better time to buy us.

As each failed season passes, the debts will build and the less attractive we become.

Obviously a little biased as Derby County is our everything at the moment but….. 

Americans are falling over themselves to invest in English football at the moment. Since the Welcome to Wrexham series began it’s hugely popular over there. A championship team who get 27,000+, a great community and history, good stadium and training facilities, have been well steered by Clowes must be a nice project for the right person who wants to splash their cash and try to enhance the brand. 

20 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Hmm, I have heard something but obviously it means nothing if it never happens so it’s a case of keep silent but yes genuine investment would be welcomed if it happened 

20 hours ago, Kernow said:

I think it was more in the sense he’d be open to investors rather than actively needing them.

Don’t forget he reluctantly bought us. It isn’t like Morris who was overly-ambitious in getting us to the PL. I think Clowes will probably accept it’s very unlikely to happen with just his backing.

I do think we’d be a very attractive prospect for anybody looking to invest in a Championship club. Surviving this season would make us even more attractive to potential investors.

I don’t think Mel Morris was overly ambitious in getting to the premiership - he purchased us the week before we played QPR at Wembley where we were simply odds on before the game a during the game bar 5 minutes - that’s football 

11 hours ago, WorcestershireRam said:

Obviously a little biased as Derby County is our everything at the moment but….. 

Americans are falling over themselves to invest in English football at the moment. Since the Welcome to Wrexham series began it’s hugely popular over there. A championship team who get 27,000+, a great community and history, good stadium and training facilities, have been well steered by Clowes must be a nice project for the right person who wants to splash their cash and try to enhance the brand. 

You are absolutely correct we are a terrific purchase for a very rich purchaser not to mention a nation state when compared to some in the premiership 

54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t think Mel Morris was overly ambitious in getting to the premiership - he purchased us the week before we played QPR at Wembley where we were simply odds on before the game a during the game bar 5 minutes - that’s football 

Am I misunderstanding your point, Morris was all about getting the Club to the Prem and spending what he believed was needed to do so? What he would then do with the Club is another matter, but that is where he wanted us to be and why he paid more for what he assumed was a 'sure thing' purchase.

Edited by RoyMac5

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Am I misunderstanding your point, Morris was all about getting the Club to the Prem and spending what he believed was needed to do so? What he would then do with the Club is another matter, but that is where he wanted us to be and why he paid more for what he assumed was a 'sure thing' purchase.

It doesn’t help your well-being much to re-hash the “Mel era “ but here goes. I attended the fans forums with Mel and Mac/Rowett/Lampard . He really did believe we just needed a little nudge to get over the line . It must have hit him hard to fail so badly . As for now - Many fans think we are a so worthy of a big investor coming in . A quick fix to get to the top. But Clowes was the only person who thought we were worth £50 mill inc the ground . Perhaps his way is the right one .

8 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

A quick fix to get to the top. But Clowes was the only person who thought we were worth £50 mill inc the ground . Perhaps his way is the right one .

He might have been the only one who wanted to pay £50+m I'll give you that. But it doesn't mean he would have been the only interest does it. You're not a youngster (neither am I) we've seen 'the edge' before, LoG, Webb at HMRC etc. This wasn't unique.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I think you are getting your time line slight mixed, Morris didn't fully buy us until the September the following year. He did invest in the club just before the final, for 22% holding.

2 hours ago, rynny said:

I think you are getting your time line slight mixed, Morris didn't fully buy us until the September the following year. He did invest in the club just before the final, for 22% holding.

Fair does - time roles on and all that 🍺

16 hours ago, WorcestershireRam said:

I wondered if the owners of D.C. United might be interested, investors love brand consistency see City Football Group which own Man City, New York City etc.

D.C. Football Group?