Points in August count for the same as points in April

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

You just seem to be taking every opportunity on all threads to have a dig at the club without knowing what restrictions and other issues the club are facing financially.

We arent under Football league restrictions now ,we will have a decent revenue this season with the sky deal + have 2mill or more come in from sell ons on Delap and Kellyman if our only fees paid are Goudminj + the Swedish gk that would be dissapointing as we need proper investment into this team not poundland buys. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

40 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Its up to Warne to sell the project and to convince a player to go and play for him.

It is but money talks louder. You can’t blame either the recruitment team or Warne if targets are offered amounts by other clubs that is beyond what we are prepared/can afford to pay.

It’s impossible to point a finger of blame without knowing the real reasons (including agents influence) a player may not chose Derby.

21 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

We arent under Football league restrictions now ,we will have a decent revenue this season with the sky deal + have 2mill or more come in from sell ons on Delap and Kellyman if our only fees paid are Goudminj + the Swedish gk that would be dissapointing as we need proper investment into this team not poundland buys. 

I genuinely think you're bored as your discontent seems to oscillate depending on the time of day between Warne not being able to convince these players to come to the club to DC am assuming for not making enough funds available to secure the services of these players. 

What answer do you actually want to hear?

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Great another thread saying the same as on all the other threads but starting with a much longer post

My thoughts exactly.  It happened mid way through last season with multiple threads about PW that were merged to a single thread.  Now we have this thread, investment, resolve value all having the same discussion as the transfer rumours thread.  We’ve lost 1 game, away from home in a 46 game season!!

32 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I genuinely think you're bored as your discontent seems to oscillate depending on the time of day between Warne not being able to convince these players to come to the club to DC am assuming for not making enough funds available to secure the services of these players. 

What answer do you actually want to hear?

I dont think I have ever said anything about Warne not being able to persuade players to sign , I am not really going into the blame game of whose fault it will be but we definitely need to look a lot stronger in the coming weeks and that will probably take a few million being spent.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

My thoughts exactly.  It happened mid way through last season with multiple threads about PW that were merged to a single thread.  Now we have this thread, investment, resolve value all having the same discussion as the transfer rumours thread.  We’ve lost 1 game, away from home in a 46 game season!!

Do we have to wait until October to voice concerns? Many fans outside this forum will have the exact same views as what has been aired on here regarding recruitment and how poor our starting XI looked on Friday. That was a league 1 side we put out.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

2 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Iwe definitely need to look a lot stronger in the coming weeks and that will probably take a few million being spent.

That's not going to happen though which am assuming will only serve to cultivate your discontent on this forum via you posts complaining about it 

5 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Do we have to wait until October to voice concerns? Many fans outside this forum will have the exact same views as what has been aired on here regarding recruitment and how poor our starting XI looked on Friday. That was a league 1 side we put out.

Do we need so many threads with the same discussion?

19 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

To a team who are top of the league 😂

Moaning that you're not allowed to criticise the manager / owner / players / everyone, is right up there with folk who insist that 'these days, you get arrested for being English'. For the most part, but not exclusively, the posts that get singled out are the lazy, repetitive ones, or those that are simply, 'Warne's football is shyte' type diatribes and not those merely offering an opinion and at least attempting to state the rationale behind it. 

FWIW, and I suspect others may feel the same way, I fully grasp why folks are concerned, what with us being only midway through the re-build with the season already underway and our very disjointed and lacklustre performances to date. Last season it was harder to take but IMO, currently, these are genuine and legitimate concerns that, surprise, surprise, are likely shared by most of the so-called blind-faithers too. For me, the only difference is the respective groups' patience thresholds, in that some are more prepared to adopt a waiting brief given we know for a fact that Warne is going nowhere anytime soon. By the same token however, literally nobody is saying Warne is nailed on to succeed, that we play champagne football, that we're in a good spot, or that the new recruitment policies are proven, just like nobody is saying that our current best 11 is good enough. IMO, it's not folk expressing the notion that there remain clear and obvious deficiencies that need addressing that folk take issue with, but most often the way the notion is presented. 

And on a general note, for the love of god people, if the premise you wish to share can be posted in an existing thread, don't start a new one! Pretty please, with bells on 😂

Edited by Comrade 86

1 hour ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

I dont think I have ever said anything about Warne not being able to persuade players to sign , I am not really going into the blame game of whose fault it will be but we definitely need to look a lot stronger in the coming weeks and that will probably take a few million being spent.

Thank goodness for your insight as I'm sure those actually working hard to achieve a stronger squad in a tough league and recruitment market had no idea

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

And you seem to take every opportunity to reply to said people and tell them why they are wrong without ever actually contributing anything of value to the thread.

I'd say you are just as bad, but you are actually worse, at least they are making a point, no matter how much you disagree, their opinion is valued.

Don’t tell anyone they are wrong just pointing out the constant negativity on assumptions 

Edited by Mick Brolly

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Its up to Warne to sell the project and to convince a player to go and play for him.

Money talks I’m pretty sure not many players care who the manager is as long as the dollar is good 

9 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Thank goodness for your insight as I'm sure those actually working hard to achieve a stronger squad in a tough league and recruitment market had no idea

I often think when people are giving “ advice “ on here, what the conversation would be like if they were talking directly to the person involved, thank you for your input, what is it exactly that you do.

We're still suffering from the issues of administration. Yes, the financial shackles have been loosened, but it's the knock-on effects of the type of signings we had to make immediately afterwards. Of the matchday 18 that started the game vs Oxford in 2022/23, only 6 are still at the club. I'd be willing to guess that there's more of Ipswich's L1 winning team left at the club for the PL?

If PW had said, I'm fine with the squad, we only need a few to replace the ones whose contracts had expired, I would be laying the blame at his doorstep - but he said we needed 11-12 signings. That's a lot to get done - and in the main, I think we've done a good job thus far - but I don't feel anyone at the club is under any illusion we're even close. 

Loans are inevitably more complicated than purchases, it's not just about who can get the most money - if it is at all. Parent clubs will look more closely at the standard, if the style fits the player, how likely they'll get minutes, and so on, so it's no surprise they won't be done until closer to the end of the window. 

I don't enjoy international breaks - but I think it will be to our benefit. A mini-pre-season, if you like.

Long gone are the days of having your full squad on day 1 of pre season. Clubs won't sell a player until they themselves have their replacement in house. Clubs/Players/Agents hold out for more money in the hope multiple suitors will spark a bidding war.

It's not as simple as some fans appear to think. As I wrote in another thread. The cost of buying the club and the ground plus the £35M the most recent accounts show we owe Clowes Development means we're already into DC for £91M. That's around 40% of his estimated worth and most of what he has is not in liquid assets. That's about his limit I would think and he has been consistent in saying the club will be run sustainably and be self sufficient. There will come a time, and it's not far away IMO when he has to sell or get inward investment or walk away as he doesn't have the spare cash to keep funding the club to the extent of millions a year.

On 11/08/2024 at 15:41, Comrade 86 said:

Moaning that you're not allowed to criticise the manager / owner / players / everyone, is right up there with folk who insist that 'these days, you get arrested for being English'. 

Hang on!  😲

So are you saying that, just for being English, you can get arrested, and thrown into jail?

etc... 

😉

On 11/08/2024 at 15:41, Comrade 86 said:

... And on a general note, for the love of god people, if the premise you wish to share can be posted in an existing thread, don't start a new one! Pretty please, with bells on 😂

all-of-this-pointing.gif