Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

5 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Will he be a club record fee signing for a keeper ? 

Don't trust the £1.4m quoted figure in the slightest, but he will be anyway. We've rarely spent any money on a keeper, and when we do it's only nominal.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don't trust the £1.4m quoted figure in the slightest, but he will be anyway. We've rarely spent any money on a keeper, and when we do it's only nominal.

Yes but this time we are clearly breaking our record. Can't even think of a keeper we spent anything on ....

1 minute ago, Magicman said:

Yes but this time we are clearly breaking our record. Can't even think of a keeper we spent anything on ....

Bywater and Poom are two that I can remember..but they were both a looooong time ago

4 minutes ago, LimaTango said:

Bywater and Poom are two that I can remember..but they were both a looooong time ago

Don't know how much you can trust the Transfermarkt figures overall, but they give an idea...

Bywater £750k, Poom £700k, Andy Oakes £500k. The last goalkeeper we spent money on was Roos in 2013/14 at £25k. Before that, we signed Fielding and Legzdins for £350k and £220k respectively in 2011/12.

Edited by Srg

2 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I'm recall Bywater playing the same day he joined from West Ham.

He was absolutely bonkers.. miss that guy. Didn't he wave a sword in a delivery drivers face and get in trouble for it?

4 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

I remember the Billy Davies interview on Radio Derby where he said that the keeper that started on the Saturday would be his first choice and end the Lee Grant/Lee Camp debate. Then we signed Bywater Saturday morning!

In hindsight, that was one of Wee Billy's smartest moves. I was fully Team Grant at the time, but Bywater was excellent. Insane, like, but excellent.

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

Wasn't Shilton reported as being £1m by Maxwell? Although that was dismissed later as a combined fee with Mark Wright with add ons included I believe.

Maxwell had it as the main headline on the back of the daily mirror, it turned out that was the total package.

£100,000 fee and £900,000 in wages.

3 hours ago, LimaTango said:

He was absolutely bonkers.. miss that guy. Didn't he wave a sword in a delivery drivers face and get in trouble for it?

Yep...also had a very decorative back garden as he was in a confrontation with his neighbours.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/stephen-bywater-derby-county-court-1632418

Also swore live on air on Sky Sports...female commentator was hauled over the coals for that