Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

3 hours ago, TerryH said:

Seems to me both sides seem perfectly happy with the arrangements and are happy for it to play out as they agreed 

If you are party to information that suggests that this is not the case would you care to share it ? 

Warnes interview that i've just watched, shows to me, a rather perplexed person stating that all criteria for transfer have been met so he's not sure of the hold up and the club are looking at other options sooner rather than later.    

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Warnes interview that i've just watched, shows to me, a rather perplexed person stating that all criteria for transfer have been met so he's not sure of the hold up and the club are looking at other options sooner rather than later.    

Do you class that as ‘information’ ? 

6 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

It's reference to a Jayzee song...if you're having girl problems I feel bad for son .......nothing more.

Christ I'm 53 and I recognise that one 😁✌️

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Fail Old Man GIF

The way it was written, I did (briefly) consider that possibility, but short of Googling it (and not knowing where to start), I had little option but to ignore it... much to my now utter embarrassment.

Whilst I have heard of Jayzee, that's my limit.  Being neither a fan of his nor music in general, I wouldn't recognise a photo of him, let alone song titles and/or lyrics of his.

In short... I'm a nob, and massive apologies to @Tombo, for allowing his otherwise excellent post to go right over my head, and taking his post the wrong way!

Now, if you don't mind, let's get back on topic eh?  The sooner the better, etc...

spongebob-hiding.gif

Look we all have 99 problems, but recognising song lyrics ain't one.

I was thinking, is this one of those things where too much information is messing with us. How many times around the world of football are deals like this struck? "Sure you can have him but we cant register his replacement until this date, so either wait or compensate with X millions"

There may be plenty of players signed on deadline day that have had these agreements, we just dont hear about it.

Still reckon we'll be gazumped by Stoke or someone.

3 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Jacob Widell Zetterstrom will fly into the UK either tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday and be announced as Derby's new goalkeeper on Wednesday.

This is genuine ITK.

I am not 100% but from what I have been told I think you are very probably correct. Just that I don't count my chickens until they've hatched. I think that's also Paul Warne's reserved stance in his interview.

26 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Jacob Widell Zetterstrom will fly into the UK either tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday and be announced as Derby's new goalkeeper on Wednesday.

This is genuine ITK.

🙏🏻 🤞🏻 🧤 

33 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

This is genuine ITK.

If this doesn't happen by Thursday can we panic?

Bit of a strange one, by all accounts they're a bit of a pain to deal with and they are acting a bit a child when you tell them to come of their Xbox "please just one more game" 

Medical is done 

Contracts all agreed 

Fee agreed / add ons etc. 

The club is fully expecting him training with us next week ahead of Blackburn 

They wanted him to stay again for Thursday but that will not be happening. Player has equally told them the same. 

23 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Bit of a strange one, by all accounts they're a bit of a pain to deal with and they are acting a bit a child when you tell them to come of their Xbox "please just one more game" 

Medical is done 

Contracts all agreed 

Fee agreed / add ons etc. 

The club is fully expecting him training with us next week ahead of Blackburn 

They wanted him to stay again for Thursday but that will not be happening. Player has equally told them the same. 

Swedish league isn’t a very serious league as far as world football goes. They do strange things like interview managers and players during half time. They would probably see no issue in him arriving at Derby the day before our first game and going into our team. It’s the sort of thing they would probably do over here.

Just seen an article saying they want him to play in their European games up until the 29th August.

Obviously we cannot pull out if we're no further down the line with the other keeper. But if we are then we need to move on.

Warne said we will have a keeper in next week. Starting to think that keeper will be Luthra. 

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Screenshot_20240804_134501_X.jpg

Full article translated supposedly says the following;

It's no secret that Djurgården's goalkeeper Jacob Widell Zetterström, 26, is on his way to Derby and after the 2-1 victory against Elfsborg last week, he hurried to England.

Then "JWZ" was back between the posts when Djurgården fell 1-0 against Progres Niedercorn on Thursday and he was also in the starting eleven in the meeting with IFK Göteborg on Sunday.

What is delaying and getting the deal done? Bosse Andersson, sports manager at Djurgården, explains how the situation is:

- Negotiations have been going on for a couple of weeks and when there is a transfer, there are discussions between the clubs. Jacob has had a fantastic spring and has been an important player during the summer. Then it is clear that they have discussed when the transition will take place and the conditions. We agree on the terms and the question is when he will leave. We want him to leave after our European Cup game, no later than August 29. Partly because we will have time to find a replacement, partly because we have a need to have Scandinavia's best goalkeeper when we are in an important part of the season with the Allsvenskan and games in Europe.

Andersson continues:

- Then the Championship starts on Friday for Derby. Jacob has been on site and had a medical examination and met the club. What we don't quite agree on is when the transition should take place. We are planning for Jacob to play today (against IFK Gothenburg, Sunday) and he will play the European Cup matches against Tampere (Ilves). That is the dialogue we have. The transition will certainly happen, but not tomorrow. It will happen later and that is what we are discussing. A club waiting for something good will have to wait a bit.

Expressen has previously stated that Djurgården is in agreement with Derby regarding a price tag of around SEK 20 million plus bonuses.

On Thursday, Djurgården face Ilves in the qualifiers for the Europa Conference League with the return match the following week. Derby kick off the Championship season by taking on Blackburn on Friday.

EDIT - it’s translated through a popular online search engine, maybe don’t take the quotes literally as it could be lost in translation. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

12 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Doesn't look like there game kicked off yet should have started at 1

There's a heavy rain delaying the start.

Edited by Dimmu
Started 5 mins late, JWZ starting as usual.