New Reading Owner

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Day said:

Prior to our game on Saturday on Sky in the lead up to it they interviewed an ex Reading player about the concerns as to where Reading are with this latest episode, He said that it was Couhig who was the cause, The presenter(ex forest)didn't pursue the accusation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2024 at 22:34, Ramzabac said:

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/24644923.bank-blocked-reading-fc-sale-due-dai-yongges-55m-debt/
might explain why the ambulance chaser was trying to knock the price down.  All in all pretty dire for the Reading fans.  

Well who'd have thunk it 🙄

"The EFL, like Mr Couhig, was unaware of Mr Yongge's debt to Haitong, despite being asked to approve the sale"

And a reply from a Reading fan

The Deputy Dog...11th October 10:33 am

If you think this is bad then take note the Chinese are buying up small and private businesses and not changing the names to they own and then doubling or sometimes tripling the price of goods. If the EFL had done its job in the first place with proper checks Reading FC would never have been sold to Dai Yongge, but the EFL was more interested in taking points away from the club which had no effect on Dai Yongge just Reading FC, the fans, the players, and a great embarrassment to this town of Reading and we will see the death of this football club.

I've come to realise of late, that I have become a hard faced old guy.  I don't actually feel any empathy towards fans of other clubs any more!

I just think we took so much stick by so many, for what they saw as out and out cheating (without checking the small print), I say feck'em!  Feck'em all!
I know the reality is that there are hundreds of thousands of decent football fans out there, but I don't think I care any more.

I'll not be partying if any club dies (apart from brum, obvs), but I won't be attending any wakes either.
They're all dead to me.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've come to realise of late, that I have become a hard faced old guy.  I don't actually feel any empathy towards fans of other clubs any more!

I just think we took so much stick by so many, for what they saw as out and out cheating (without checking the small print), I say feck'em!  Feck'em all!
I know the reality is that there are hundreds of thousands of decent football fans out there, but I don't think I care any more.

I'll not be partying if any club dies (apart from brum, obvs), but I won't be attending any wakes either.
They're all dead to me.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Too many clubs for my liking went for our jugular with very limited info, The tom tit at Bristol City FC propperploppyploppkins or whatever name he went down as, Reading fans also had a pop...a long with Coventry and BCFC and others

Blackpool FC stood by us as they went through the shenanigans of Daddy Oyston(convicted rapist)and Baby Karl. 

Nope no tears from me either, Mega huge debt built up over the years by club owners can only spell...image.thumb.png.a1062a5ccfda4bce600d6fc307db96dd.pngDeath 😁

3 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

The EFL was more interested in taking points away from the club which had no effect on Dai Yongge just Reading FC, the fans, the players, and a great embarrassment to this town of Reading and we will see the death of this football club.

Not too dissimilar to our own experience. Owner gets us in the sh**. Owner gets to walk away. Club nearly dies. 

I think in instances like this, where individuals are clearly to blame, it should be them where any meaningful sanctions fall. Individuals should not be allowed to create a scenario whereby they can single-handedly kill a club through their own negligence.

23 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Not too dissimilar to our own experience. Owner gets us in the sh**. Owner gets to walk away. Club nearly dies. 

I think in instances like this, where individuals are clearly to blame, it should be them where any meaningful sanctions fall. Individuals should not be allowed to create a scenario whereby they can single-handedly kill a club through their own negligence.

Agreed Staffs...but the system(whatever that is)encourages them, There's a lot of loot flying around, There's clubs in the EPL today that borrow money on the strength of next years EPL payments, If they are relegated a big hit ensues...ie Burnley

Not forgetting some unscrupulous owners use Football for their own agenda to make money on the back of football clubs, As for MM I believe he wrote off some £100million that DCFC owed him...I think 🤷‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

Agreed Staffs...but the system(whatever that is)encourages them, There's a lot of loot flying around, There's clubs in the EPL today that borrow money on the strength of next years EPL payments, If they are relegated a big hit ensues...ie Burnley

Not forgetting some unscrupulous owners use Football for their own agenda to make money on the back of football clubs, As for MM I believe he wrote off some £100million that DCFC owed him...I think 🤷‍♂️ 

Of course you’re right in principle

but MM writing off debts ? Perhaps he did in accountants terms, but it isn’t altruism it was money he spent gambling and couldn’t get back.  He spent and lost….  He owned DCFC so to my mind DCFC didn’t “owe” him anything. He authorised all the spending. Tough titty 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

Of course you’re right in principle

but MM writing off debts ? Perhaps he did in accountants terms, but it isn’t altruism it was money he spent gambling and couldn’t get back.  He spent and lost….  He owned DCFC so to my mind DCFC didn’t “owe” him anything. He authorised all the spending. Tough titty 

This is not a image.png.2295b704856789902be8771f832115b8.png sucking exercise on behalf of MM, I remember when he signed Bradley Johnson for circa £6m, I for one thought "holy sh!t" we're off to the EPL, He spent and spent, Gave out silly money in contracts, Then the stories start to come out, Going into the changing room to have a word after a loss, Cancelling a football jolly as punishment, Listening to senior players who didn't like the way Pearson spoke to them, The pushing and shoving match away at Cardiff when he put Pearson on gardening leave, Trying to sell DCFC to those who'd already sold their Grandmother, Sacking a manager for "not playing the Derby way" an all time great meme 😁, Threats of the sack to anyone at Moor Farm if the real reason ever came out, Got to close to Uncle Harry et al

Covid came along, No loot coming in, MM puts us into Admin even getting Q to be the Administrators, Costing him an estimated £20m, He settles with the leach at Middlesboro of circa £3m.

Life can be seen as "if's and butts" if only we'd have beaten QPR, If only wet fish wasn't sold in a Chinese market, If only Mr Parry snr had worn a condom on a wet and windy night in Bognor in June 1954...we could be where Aston Villa are now.

A former poster Brailsford Ram knew of him more than most, MM knew nowt about football, Wanted to be liked, Got lucky with Candy Crush so splurged on DCFC.

No he did his best in a football world full of thieves, He'll get no flack from myself just a 🙄 for what could have been...IF ONLY AYE! 😉 

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

This is not a image.png.2295b704856789902be8771f832115b8.png sucking exercise on behalf of MM, I remember when he signed Bradley Johnson for circa £6m, I for one thought "holy sh!t" we're off to the EPL, He spent and spent, Gave out silly money in contracts, Then the stories start to come out, Going into the changing room to have a word after a loss, Cancelling a football jolly as punishment, Listening to senior players who didn't like the way Pearson spoke to them, The pushing and shoving match away at Cardiff when he put Pearson on gardening leave, Trying to sell DCFC to those who'd already sold their Grandmother, Sacking a manager for "not playing the Derby way" an all time great meme 😁, Threats of the sack to anyone at Moor Farm if the real reason ever came out, Got to close to Uncle Harry et al

Covid came along, No loot coming in, MM puts us into Admin even getting Q to be the Administrators, Costing him an estimated £20m, He settles with the leach at Middlesboro of circa £3m.

Life can be seen as "if's and butts" if only we'd have beaten QPR, If only wet fish wasn't sold in a Chinese market, If only Mr Parry snr had worn a condom on a wet and windy night in Bognor in June 1954...we could be where Aston Villa are now.

A former poster Brailsford Ram knew of him more than most, MM knew nowt about football, Wanted to be liked, Got lucky with Candy Crush so splurged on DCFC.

No he did his best in a football world full of thieves, He'll get no flack from myself just a 🙄 for what could have been...IF ONLY AYE! 😉 

Fair enough and an honest defence. There is a lot of truth in that. I really only wanted to challenge the statement that   “that DCFC owed him” 

It didn’t owe him anything. He took some risks with DCFC’s name on them but they were his to take and he took them .. not DCFC.
and yes COVID effed with the knife edge we were eventually walking on. Without doubt he didn’t deserve some of the flack he got and gets but it went wrong for him and all of us. He was the financial decision maker and he suffered the financial loss. 

Edited by jono