Mendez Laing Arrested

Just now, Kathcairns said:

I do like a joke and laugh, prob let some of the jokes rub me up the wrong way. Think im old school🤣

Did you laugh at Punch and Judy as a kid 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

You are right, we dont know the facts so why so many comments on here. Alot seem to find it funny, i dont really, especially if it turns out to be true. Perhaps women have different thoughts about it.

Tbf the posters saying he needs booting out the club before actually having the information that he's done anything....are mainly men!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

It was one chops post that i didnt agree with, not being booted out of the club.

I know.😀

Just kinda addressing your point that 'men' were making jokes and not taking it as seriously as women were... just pointing out some men are taking it incredibly seriously. 

Agree that until we know more, all responses are going to trigger someone.

Edited by Chester40

Most of the jokes are aimed at the vigilantes who want Mendez-Laing sacked on the basis of a Spanish newspaper report. Apart from one-chops post, I don't think any were intended to infer that NML should be dealt with leniently if he's convicted of committing violence against a woman outside of what is permitted in law.

I think if the story had been he was out with mates, that there would have been more trepidation. 

Rightly or wrongly, there's an assumption that like an awful lot of men, he behaves himself when his wife is there and the louty behaviour happens when she's not!

10 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Most of the jokes are aimed at the vigilantes who want Mendez-Laing sacked on the basis of a Spanish newspaper report. Apart from one-chops post, I don't think any were intended to infer that NML should be dealt with leniently if he's convicted of committing violence against a woman outside of what is permitted in law.

To be honest, not really interested in where players holiday or much else really, just how they play in matchesand injuries.  Just his remark the bird wanted a backhander, not nice at all. Hope this all blows over and back on the pitch in august😁

8 hours ago, Archied said:

I kind of get what you mean , I personally haven't joked about it but you also have to bear in mind that people making silly throwaway jokes at this point on a football forum is probably in most cases a million miles away from where they actually stand on stuff once the full facts can be judged , think we all too often forget to separate humour from real life these days , us brits especially tend to get by on a bit of humour , it keeps us sane in a world where you could easily be ground down to the point of depression without a bit of a safety valve 🤷🏻‍♂️

This in spades. Doubly so for the bold bit. 
excellent post, sir. 👍🍻

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/07/2024 at 01:11, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not sure it would cause NML to punch a woman in the face and steel her phone.

The only reason I would want to steel someones phone would be if they had a video on there of me that I wouldnt want the world (or missus) to see and I was being blackmailed....then I would have to whip out the hawk tuah!

Hopefully its all of nothing and he is scoring goals in August.

Steel?

7 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

What's the score on this, he asked, daring to go back to the thread title...

Charges dropped? Still under investigation? Court date set?

I don't recall anything new on this in the past (almost) 3 weeks.

Just hope it all fizzled out .. just struggled to believe it when he was out with his wife. .. Scuffle, wanna B paparazzi, words bluster and tabloids. 
happy to be proved wrong of course but not seen any lurid photos of bruises or Guarda Civil and handcuffs 

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Genuine question - did the club put out any statement? If not, I would be surprised if there was anything in it.

Said “They would not comments as it was an ongoing legal matter”, or words to that effect.