Omari Kellyman

Jubbs

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

25% sell on clause apparently. That'd increase the summer transfer budget very nicely. Also, it's nice to see one of these pay off given how much the academy's been stripped off over recent years.

Just seen this on BBC - £19 million. Is  the 25% clause confirmed though? I find it doubtful that the administrators would have given a toss about future proofing the deal. If so it would make it less depressing than it otherwise would be and maybe David Clowes can have a chunk of money back or we can buy a proper centre forward! 

1 hour ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Knowing Chelsea they will want to pay it over x number of years 

It won't be Chelsea paying it, it'll be Villa, although they'll probably claim that agreements made with an EFL club in administration aren't valid or some other crap. 

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It won't be Chelsea paying it, it'll be Villa, although they'll probably claim that agreements made with an EFL club in administration aren't valid or some other crap. 

I was on about the 19 million Villa get from Chelsea, when will we see our 25% ?

28 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I was on about the 19 million Villa get from Chelsea, when will we see our 25% ?

It'll go into the balance sheet at the point of sale; but we would only get the money in instalments based on whenever Villa are being paid.

2 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Just seen this on BBC - £19 million. Is  the 25% clause confirmed though? 

Unlikely to get an answer from the club. Not in Derby's interests to say. It would weaken our negotiating hand.

We would likely be relying on Villa to announce something.