Lionel Pickering

20 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Built from reclaimed bricks from the Baseball ground.

It’s next to the ticket office.

Yes.  Was aware. 

Posted the pic as it seemed some weren't aware.  

🍻🐏👍

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Well there you go then...that more than befits the multimillion investment of his entire fortune to revive the club.

Took us out of the hands of Maxwell for £1 and ended up passing us on to the 3 amigos for the same amount.

We did see some fantastic football in-between though.

25 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Yes I’m aware that you are probably aware, but I also was aware that other people were not aware, so now hopefully everyone is aware, even the ones that have never been to the ground 🙂

I wasn't aware that our readership included those who had never been to the ground.  Are you aware just how preposterous that seems!  If it's true, they need naming, shaming... and laming!  BOOOOOOOO! 

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I wasn't aware that our readership included those who had never been to the ground.  Are you aware just how preposterous that seems!  If it's true, they need naming, shaming... and laming!  BOOOOOOOO! 

American Ram?

33 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Well there you go then...that more than befits the multimillion investment of his entire fortune to revive the club.

But it's symbolic.
The "Welcome to my stadium".  The link to ye olde BBG.  The transition.  The deliberate lack of pretentiousness.  Grand without the grandeur! 

Come on... open your eyes... This is so very Lionel.

*I'm guessing... I never met the bloke in person!    👀

As with every owner of a football club Lionel had his fans, and his detractors, but as the fans would far outweigh the detractors means he did a good job as a custodian of the club in the main.  My biggest criticism of him would he stuck by The Bald Eagle a season too long, but considering they were more like brothers than boss & employee it's not surprising.  He really should've let him go gracefully once Malcolm's goal at Old Trafford kept us up.  Yes it would've been a bad look, but we needed new ideas, and Jim had lost his touch in unearthing gems by then...

I remember the day we lost to Leicester 4-0 at home, me & my mates had gone back to The Yew Tree later on, and my mate smacked him in the face with the bog door as he was coming out.  Surprised he didn't sell up there and then.  You wouldn't have blamed him after such a crap day 🤣

I'd be happy if we named the East or south stand after him.  The Pickering End has a nice ring to it.

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

Big difference between Lionel and Mel is that Lionel didn't bale out - the Co-op Bank stitched him up with a pre-pack deal with a bunch of crooks. Mel walked away despite there being no evidence he was actually skint. Lionel didn't walk away, despite being far less wealthy than Mel.

Wasn't it that the Co-op who made him personally liable for the debt, They called it in and he couldn't pay so they took DCFC off him and sold it for "£3" to a bunch of thieves.

I remember Jeremy Kieth going on radio Derby one Monday night, Colin Gibson made it very uncomfortable for him and asked why was he paying himself "£60k" a year, Kieth wanted to get out of the interview as he had his Daughter in the car waiting for him 🙄he said

Lionel did his best, Some good some not so good, Employing Jim Smith...wtf we thought...but my did he bring the good times back, Then Lionel went of radio Derby and asked those who complained... "If you can do better, where's your money - and if you don't like it, go and watch Forest.” 😡

The rest is history  

54 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Yes I’m aware that you are probably aware, but I also was aware that other people were not aware, so now hopefully everyone is aware, even the ones that have never been to the ground 🙂

I wasn't aware of that 😁

53 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'd never heard of the Lionel Pickering Entrance and looking at the pic, it doesn't really scream out his name. Maybe that can be renamed the Nick Pickering entrance and Lionel can have something a bit better.

If it was the Nick Pickering Entrance it would mysteriously disappear for most of the time a game was on.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

4127062111_5c1b08cd9d_b.jpg

I remember them building that for him but surely there should be something more? Like a stand named after him or something like that.