Transfer rumours

6 hours ago, KBB said:

If chalrton do want Bradley we should be all over dobson or leaburn (spelling) for a fee with Bradley as part of the deal. Leaburn has even linked with huge clubs, way out of our league and probably his too at the minute but he fits the bill as a player ready for our team. Young, athletic, tall, powerful, pacey, can play as a lone striker, in a two, or off the wing. Dobson nees no introduction for what he could bring. Good player.

We should go for Alfie May as a swop.

6 hours ago, KBB said:

If chalrton do want Bradley we should be all over dobson or leaburn (spelling) for a fee with Bradley as part of the deal. Leaburn has even linked with huge clubs, way out of our league and probably his too at the minute but he fits the bill as a player ready for our team. Young, athletic, tall, powerful, pacey, can play as a lone striker, in a two, or off the wing. Dobson nees no introduction for what he could bring. Good player.

Dobson is out of contract, however he is joining a Hungarian club

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Thanks to @Ghost of Clough...

You mean like Stoke signing Johansson last week despite him being under contract at Rotherham (until 2025) and it not being the transfer window?

"Viktor Johansson has signed a three-year deal with Stoke City."

"The transfer will become effective upon the opening of the summer window"

So the transfer will become "effective upon the opening of the transfer season" 👍 

Edit; To add a bit of context; we were originally talking about a player who weeks ago did his ACL, I presume the season wasn't finished and was still playing, as I have said, he can't officially sign until the transfer window opens.

Edited by Returning ram
Context

9 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

So the transfer will become "effective upon the opening of the transfer season" 👍 

Edit; To add a bit of context; we were originally talking about a player who weeks ago did his ACL, I presume the season wasn't finished and was still playing, as I have said, he can't officially sign until the transfer window opens.

But if a transfer is agreed for the opening of the window and the player then gets a serious injury, I don't think the club can just decide to not bother. Agreements will have been in place.

18 minutes ago, Srg said:

But if a transfer is agreed for the opening of the window and the player then gets a serious injury, I don't think the club can just decide to not bother. Agreements will have been in place.

Not necessarily, under FIFA rules the insurance of the player is the requirement of the club holding the registration. Therefore, until that player officially moves club, the new one can't cover themselves against certain eventualities (not just injury😥) therefore if say something serious happens, the insurance would still be covered by the original team for the duration of the contract.

As seen in the Cardiff case, lawyers will argue against certain things, regardless of contracts including Cardiff arguing that the player wasn't registered in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Returning ram said:

... but deals will have been done.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Agreed maybe but not done.

Pre contracts signed, possibly contracts signed too. It only requires registering at the EFL on July 1st. Transfer fee agreed. Wages agreed. Bonuses agreed. signed sealed and delivered.

Unfortunately this topic seems to be getting drawn into pedantics of what actually constitutes a deal when it all started out as the point being made that we don't have to wait until July 1st to talk to players and clubs, to agree transfer/loan fees and wages and bonuses. We, and every other club, can... as the Johannson transfer to Stoke proves. 

11 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Pre contracts signed, possibly contracts signed too. It only requires registering at the EFL on July 1st. Transfer fee agreed. Wages agreed. Bonuses agreed. signed sealed and delivered.

Unfortunately this topic seems to be getting drawn into pedantics of what actually constitutes a deal when it all started out as the point being made that we don't have to wait until July 1st to talk to players and clubs, to agree transfer/loan fees and wages and bonuses. We, and every other club, can... as the Johannson transfer to Stoke proves. 

Contracts can be SIGNED at any time. Players can only be REGISTERED during prescribed transfer windows (unless they are free agents and the date of registration is not after the transfer deadline of the applicable season). It is the contracts that are binding.

I did try to post a bona fide transfer rumour on here, but I think there's so little actual news (Nixon describes us as still at the homework stage) that people are drowning out the tiny snippets there are with these bizarre arguments about if you can sign a player or not. 

With players and hopefully management (?) on their hols, I guess it's going to be quiet, and then it's the Euros, and maybe the actual transfer whirligig won't kick in until then. Actually winning automatic promotion meant the season felt as if it finished remarkably early, so now everyone's drumming their fingers like Bree Larson - IYKYK. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I did try to post a bona fide transfer rumour on here, but I think there's so little actual news (Nixon describes us as still at the homework stage) that people are drowning out the tiny snippets there are with these bizarre arguments about if you can sign a player or not. 

With players and hopefully management (?) on their hols, I guess it's going to be quiet, and then it's the Euros, and maybe the actual transfer whirligig won't kick in until then. Actually winning automatic promotion meant the season felt as if it finished remarkably early, so now everyone's drumming their fingers like Bree Larson - IYKYK. 

Yep Warne n the other coaches were away and are back in this week. I only know because Matt Hale said it in his academy interview the other day. With them back this week I’d imagine a few things will get tied up and a few players will sign or deals near finalised over the next week or two.

32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I’d be gutted if we were at the homework stage still 😂 surely our homework is done and we’re preparing offers by now. 

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

Contracts can be SIGNED at any time. Players can only be REGISTERED during prescribed transfer windows (unless they are free agents and the date of registration is not after the transfer deadline of the applicable season). It is the contracts that are binding.

... which I've been saying from the off.

There every possibility that we have already got players signed up. If we have we just can't register them with the EFL until July 1st.