Transfer rumours

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Difficult to know for certain until the accounts are released but wouldn’t be surprised if our figures are comparable with: Millwall, Huddersfield, Preston, Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea and most certainly more than Plymouth and Rotherham. It will in all likelihood be a bottom 6 budget, but with the additional income I do anticipate we increase proportionally - I suspect there is more from us to come in the window. I would be surprised if not, anyway. 

For 24/25, I imagine Oxford, Plymouth and Portsmouth won't be too far off our total wage bill in L1 (23/24). Last season Rotherham would have been lower than us, woth Huddersfield a fraction higher.

I can't see any others being below £20m. There will probably be about 8 other teams in the £20-25m range though. It's this range in which I reckon we'll fall in to for this coming season.

There's very little between a top half total club wage budget (10th is about £26.5m) and a bottom 6 budget (£22.5m)

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

For 24/25, I imagine Oxford, Plymouth and Portsmouth won't be too far off our total wage bill in L1 (23/24). Last season Rotherham would have been lower than us, woth Huddersfield a fraction higher.

I can't see any others being below £20m. There will probably be about 8 other teams in the £20-25m range though. It's this range in which I reckon we'll fall in to for this coming season.

There's very little between a top half total club wage budget (10th is about £26.5m) and a bottom 6 budget (£22.5m)

Long time until we find out for this forthcoming season, but I suspect we will have been above the £20m mark in 23/24 and I'd guess will be above the £25m mark for this coming season - on nothing but my own guess (of course). 

Edited by Ambitious

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Birmingham will match a wage offer.  Basically it comes down to whether he likes his brother or thinks he's a bellend.  To be honest, I'd rather have gone for Maghoma who was on loan at Bolton.  Quick and with that extra body strength.  If you fart near Dembele, he travels 10 foot.

That stinks

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Is that confirmed?

Looking close according to Twitter. 

Genuinely astounded he’s not got a championship move.

Washington probably Warne’s worst signing IMO.

Just now, Sparkle said:

A bit harsh, Washington has a bit of competition in the done little bracket

True. 

But I was gutted when we signed him last season.

At least the likes of Elder and Fornah came in with some optimism, at least in my head anyway.

Just now, TomTom92 said:

I have to assume it's something to do with Luton not wanting him at a Championship team, which seems odd. For my money, talent-wise, the best striker who played in League One last season. 

As for Washington, it doesn't sound like he's cost us a great deal and for the games where he looked somewhat fit then I think he looked ok. It's just he's barely been fit - similar to Elder and CBT. I think Washington is at the point now where he's very much on the outside looking in and I don't see any way that he gets a lot of minutes next season. I suspect that he moves on before the end of the window once we have our house in order. 

24 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

It’s on Twitter????!!!!

complete bullsh*te then more than likely 

please don’t tell me you believe anything posted on there 🙄

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If so and Luton were up for loaning to another championship club, that would be a b****** dropped 

I think there would be a number of clubs in for him at this level - Huddersfield rumour seems off anyway by the looks of it. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think there would be a number of clubs in for him at this level - Huddersfield rumour seems off anyway by the looks of it. 

I don't think a club with serious ambition to be top 6 would that interested as he's a bit raw and they have cash to spend.  He'd be spot on outside that though for a club hoping to win enough to stay up, so i'd hope we'd be in .