Transfer rumours

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

2.5m for Adams? I very much doubt it.

That does sound insane. Wasn’t the rumour a while ago they wanted £500k and we were more like £250k? They’re not getting £2.5m with no other interested parties, the player wanting to go here, barely any record at Championship level and 1 year left on his contract. 

25 minutes ago, Srg said:

That does sound insane. Wasn’t the rumour a while ago they wanted £500k and we were more like £250k? They’re not getting £2.5m with no other interested parties, the player wanting to go here, barely any record at Championship level and 1 year left on his contract. 

That would be crazy if the valuation has gone up to 2.5 million. Unless they have seen we have some money from the Kellyman sell on clause and want to milk us for it.

1 hour ago, SECornerRAM said:

It's still ongoing, Down to the agreement with the club on a fee

Sell on clause for Delap is 20%

Kellyman is totalling around 2.9m 

Ebou Adams valuation miles away. Our limit is 650k they're talking 2.5m currently. 

how do you know they value Adams at 2.5 m are you just watching news now gossip sites with made up news created by youths with no lives who play football manager. and obviously believe in it. everyone knows this is silly season and most of the posters disappear back under the mat .when found out.

1 minute ago, islandram said:

how do you know they value Adams at 2.5 m are you just watching news now gossip sites with made up news created by youths with no lives who play football manager. and obviously believe in it. everyone knows this is silly season and most of the posters disappear back under the mat .when found out.

If I remember rightly @SECornerRAMaccurately broke news a few times last season of players being out of matchday squads before the lineups were announced so has a little bit of credibility. 

Just before I go off and make myself a risotto for breakfast (thanks guys), I'd be only slightly surprised if Cardiffs opening gambit is 2.5m for Adams. We wont pay that, Cardiff know we wont pay that but if they start high they may get more than they may have otherwise.

Besides as with most things players are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Adams' impact last season was immense, and I can see a high impact player in a promoted L1 team costing 2.5m. They say promotion is worth 8m.

Ebou is entering the last year of his contract. That means his market value will have dropped. If there's any mileage whatsoever in the £2.5M rumour, it will, as has been suggested, Cardiff starting high to maximise the price after negotiations.

A possible bonus for Derby in this is, if there's any truth in Cardiff wanting that much, it should frighten off other interested parties. 

1 minute ago, MadAmster said:

Ebou is entering the last year of his contract. That means his market value will have dropped. If there's any mileage whatsoever in the £2.5M rumour, it will, as has been suggested, Cardiff starting high to maximise the price after negotiations.

A possible bonus for Derby in this is, if there's any truth in Cardiff wanting that much, it should frighten off other interested parties. 

I think they have an option on him too so it's potentially two years remaining 

18 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

The number is mental 

Which is why we aren't paying it 

Could it happen in the coming weeks if no one else shows interest , very possible 

Can’t believe Cardiff would be asking this fee, just 1 year left on his contract. Maybe got your wires crossed on this one 😊

51 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can’t believe Cardiff would be asking this fee, just 1 year left on his contract. Maybe got your wires crossed on this one 😊

I think it’s quite possible they would ask £ 2.5 million but I think it’s  highly unlikely anyone will pay it.