Captain next season

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

Would imagine he will do the same as he did this year and ask for the group to vote.

Think he should nail his colours to the mast this year and select his captain. I’d strongly suspect Bradley will get it and to be honest I think he’d thrive off it!

35 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Think he should nail his colours to the mast this year and select his captain. I’d strongly suspect Bradley will get it and to be honest I think he’d thrive off it!

Why? Did it work badly this year or something?

and if Bradley is starting enough to warrant the armband then we will be troubling League One again. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Why? Did it work badly this year or something?

and if Bradley is starting enough to warrant the armband then we will be troubling League One again. 

Wonder if the players had a vote for NML for the run-in, or if PW picked him? 

Amazing too that our midfield looked much more cohesive when our promotion-winning skipper started on the bench!

4 hours ago, Allanthediver said:

What,actually, is the role of captain. What influence or power do they hold beyond the much vaunted

" senior members of the squad"

For me a captain is someone that other players look up to, someone that in adversity can drive others on either by their brilliance of play or their never beaten positive attitude. Roy Keane, Tony Adams, John Terry and the one and only Dave Mackay all spring to mind as excellent leaders of their teams, love em or hate em they were all winners with plenty of trophies to show.

2 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

For me a captain is someone that other players look up to, someone that in adversity can drive others on either by their brilliance of play or their never beaten positive attitude. Roy Keane, Tony Adams, John Terry and the one and only Dave Mackay all spring to mind as excellent leaders of their teams, love em or hate em they were all winners with plenty of trophies to show.

I can’t see it being any of them tbh. One of them is dead to start with and the others are too old.

I think defenders or midfielders generally make the best captains and therefore I'd be surprised and a little concerned if NML got the gig, not least because I'd prefer it if he concentrated on his form and fitness.

Got to be Curtis Nelson as reigning player of the year he is somebody that leads by example.

Bradley seems too much of a hot-head to be given the captaincy.

We gave it to NML toward the end of the season and in the last 8 games as captain he got 1 goal and 1 assist. Lets allow him the freedom to play and not have those captains responsibilities.

The role of the captain.

1. He is the buffer between the players and the staff. Especially junior players will approach the skipper for advice, both professional and personal. 

2. He is the gaffer's "man" on the pitch. Geeing up players who need it, arm round the shoulder or a kick in the arse when necessary. Should be telling players who aren't in the right place or doing the right things where they are going wrong. 

I reckon itll be a newbie  

Nelson is a bit quiet , Bradley surely wont be a guaranteed starter , NML possible club captain but not team captain.  

Ebou Adams ???