Thierry Small

This would be an exciting start to the transfer shenanigans.

A young exciting prospect in an area on which we lack a bit of cover. I think it’s likely that we will start with wing backs and we need someone dynamic on each wing. 

If we can get him for a reasonable price, there seems to be a good chance his value will escalate.

4 minutes ago, BatRam said:

Interesting , after gaining promotion it makes me wonder what formation we're gonna recruit for? 3 at the back worked at the end of the season. 

It did, but we don't have much depth at center half to cover three positions so you'd think a center back would be on the shopping list if we're sticking with it.

I can't imagine the free agent compensation fee next summer (should Charlton play hard ball) will be anything really substantial since he's only been with them from January so if were offering a decent fee they might be wise to take it if he doesn't extend his contract.

He seems a well travelled footballer for only being 19 with 6 clubs already under his belt so obviously needs to settle to really kick on. He's from Solihull I can imagine playing closer to home, higher division and free lifts to training from CBT and Kane Wilson might be too tempting.

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Reccomended by Matt Hale surely, was a highly rated prospect a few years ago but had attitude problems at Everton

Can’t see Warne liking someone with attitude problems 

48 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

This would be an exciting start to the transfer shenanigans.

A young exciting prospect in an area on which we lack a bit of cover. I think it’s likely that we will start with wing backs and we need someone dynamic on each wing. 

If we can get him for a reasonable price, there seems to be a good chance his value will escalate.

Id agree, if we started our business with a signing like this, then I would say the signs are promising.  Hopefully there will be a few of these types of signings.  

If I use Cyrus Christie as an example, hardly the best player we had, but we signed him cheap with a lot of promise, he more than did a job and we sold him for a profit and he left being the best Right Back the Championship had ever seen.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Can’t see Warne liking someone with attitude problems 

He's 19 though. It's quite normal for lads to have attitude problems at that age. Can't write him off for that surely

Had a good game against us at PP

A little bit like when Ebiowei when he left us though, you wonder a little about their motivation when they finally find a home after bouncing around loads of clubs only to choose to leave as soon as they start to impress. 

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Had a good game against us at PP

A little bit like when Ebiowei when he left us though, you wonder a little about their motivation when they finally find a home after bouncing around loads of clubs only to choose to leave as soon as they start to impress. 

Not sure a year long contract is much of a commitment to a home though, in fairness.

Hale would likely know of him from Southampton. His wiki is interesting, definitely had some issues over the last few years.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Took on NML after he was sacked

Nah, that was Liam. Had already been taken on by Weds before that too. But, good example of how people are not always what they seem and / or can change.

Edited by Andrew3000