Pre season

A good workout

good that both new forwards scored 👍

good that Kenzo and Thompson hit it off 👍

we look like we want to play fast attacking football the passing was really quick and noticeably more direct I thought 👍

great effort Matlock had a really nice curry in Spice and the Asahi in the Remarkable Hare was 👌

I was starting to think it a bit odd there’d been to Warne interview yet given they’ve been back for 2 weeks now, but here he is post match. No mention of future transfers in here but good comments about the recent additions, observations on tonight, the training so far and looking ahead to Spain. 

11 minutes ago, DE56Ram said:

A good workout

good that both new forwards scored 👍

good that Kenzo and Thompson hit it off 👍

we look like we want to play fast attacking football the passing was really quick and noticeably more direct I thought 👍

great effort Matlock had a really nice curry in Spice and the Asahi in the Remarkable Hare was 👌

I thought the passing was a lot slicker and quicker than expected! Really enjoyed tonight

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I was starting to think it a bit odd there’d been to Warne interview yet given they’ve been back for 2 weeks now, but here he is post match. No mention of future transfers in here but good comments about the recent additions, observations on tonight, the training so far and looking ahead to Spain. 

I’d imagine Dom will have an interview with him and they’ll talk about transfers.

Good watch tonight. Especially 2nd half. Jackson and Yates both on the scoresheet and Kenzo looked like the progressive midfielder we haven’t had for many years. Always in space and willing to receive the ball. Also loved the way he was talking, as though he’d been in the squad for ages. 

5 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Remarkable Hare busy already.

Looks like we missed the perfect opportunity to say hello!  🙄
You posted that at 17:34. 
We walked in/sat down (in the restaurant at the back) at 16:45, and left about 18:50.

🍻

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Do we think there's any chance of seeing the odd trialist tonight?

They had at least 4... According to their PA guy announcing their subs "Trialist A and Trialist B are being replaced by their brothers Trialist C and Trialist D"!

I kid you not!  🤣

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

So, how did Kenzo look?

Tried a little too hard to begin with but after 10 mins he got into the flow of the game and was spreading some beautiful passes around.

Always looking forward as well. Don’t think he passed the ball backwards once. Can absolutely see why Warne wants to play him in the middle with Ebou. 

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Wouldn’t quite say no mention. Obviously, zero in the way of specifics, just about how the squad will look different, trying to get younger more athletic etc. Definitely sounds like there’s a fair bit to come. 

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

So, how did Kenzo look?

Pretty good, couple of rusty moments but had good positioning, moved it well, offered for the ball all the time! Optimistic 

presume is not very fit as didn’t even play 45 minutes!

who was number 30 for us first half? He looked good, great physique for a midfielder!

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Interesting comments from Warne saying Yates is a number 9 and he'll get loads of chances in our system. I'm not sure we'll sign another striker.

Brown looked decent, defo an option for us this year. Played Yates in and hit the bar. Is a good size for his age too, won’t be bullied.

2 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Pretty good, couple of rusty moments but had good positioning, moved it well, offered for the ball all the time! Optimistic 

presume is not very fit as didn’t even play 45 minutes!

who was number 30 for us first half? He looked good, great physique for a midfielder!

Stepien-Iwumeme

1 minute ago, Rich3478 said:

Brown looked decent, defo an option for us this year. Played Yates in and hit the bar. Is a good size for his age too, won’t be bullied.

Yeah agreed I hope he continues to impress pre season and gets his chance.