Liam Rosenior

chadlad

3 hours ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Really? So you think if Collins could hit a barn door and we actually won the games we should have first few away from home and were about 4th place he would have gone? No chance. 

Just like a lot of Derby fans at the moment full of ifs buts and maybes

On 06/09/2023 at 21:09, sage said:

He did prefer experience but if we had been siting 3rd or 4th would he have replaced him at that time. 

I also think we don’t know the other factors at play , wages ? Contract length ?player  Budget assurances?

but yes if we were burning it up it would have been tougher to let liam go

I was in the camp that wanted to keep LR and I am glad he's doing well at Hull, but, if you make your bed you gotta lie in it I suppose.

My one and only wish is can at least become good at being a Paul Warne team? It may not be the hipster satisfying look or the dashing football of the Mac1 team but being good in any style is preferable to bad bad at any style.

1 hour ago, CodnorRam said:

rather watch warnes style of football than pissing about with the ball in our own box again 🤣

We created far many more chances under Rosenior and the players seemed to enjoy getting on the ball and having freedom to be expansive.

I’m not really sure why you prefer watching football where we have less of the ball and less efforts on goal? 

Warneball is more chaotic. Is that even a good thing? 

1 minute ago, Rev said:

I think it's obvious that DC thought a reset of the playing side of the club, from top to bottom was needed, and therefore plumped for experience over all else.

Tbh, I think it's more simple than that. He saw someone with an excellent track record of getting out of League One and hired him. I reckon he'd have done that regardless of playing style.

24 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Tbh, I think it's more simple than that. He saw someone with an excellent track record of getting out of League One and hired him. I reckon he'd have done that regardless of playing style.

Do you think he'd have hired Warne regardless then, even if he thought personally he's a cnut? 

If that was the case, he'd have hired Colin, who'd have jumped at a season long contract.

10 hours ago, Rev said:

He was unemployed at the time of Warnes hiring.

Then we should finally have given him a go - he kept Huddersfield up, perhaps that was his preference? 😄 

It depends who is making the final choice - did Clowes leave it to Pearce after giving him the brief? 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Then we should finally have given him a go - he kept Huddersfield up, perhaps that was his preference? 😄 

It depends who is making the final choice - did Clowes leave it to Pearce after giving him the brief? 

Of course he didn't.  He stated very clearly at the SCG that Warne was his choice.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Of course he didn't.  He stated very clearly at the SCG that Warne was his choice.

So he has the final say and in that case will be responsible for deciding on whether Warne is actually ‘fitting the brief’ - recruitment isn’t always successful and is difficult. So Clowes has no experience in the field of football management recruitment, it’s perhaps not as straightforward as he assumed?

On 12/09/2023 at 08:54, RoyMac5 said:

So Clowes has no experience in the field of football management recruitment, it’s perhaps not as straightforward as he assumed?

Apologies if I missed it, has he been quoted as saying it would be straightforward?

As for experience, it's rare to have an owner come in with experience, very few land at a second, third, forth club.

Look at Derby, in your lifetime, how many owners have come in with previous football experience?

1 hour ago, David said:

Apologies if I missed it, has he been quoted as saying it would be straightforward?

As for experience, it's rare to have an owner come in with experience, very few land at a second, third, forth club.

Look at Derby, in your lifetime, how many owners have come in with previous football experience?

My assumption is that he chose an ‘experienced in promotion from league one’ manager for a reason. The reasons could be many, but perhaps he assumed it would more likely and more easily allow us to gain promotion in a straightforward manner. Perhaps not, maybe he head-hunted Paul Warne for another reason. 

I don’t know how many clubs have experienced owners, but many have owners who intended to be owners and maybe they’d have done more ‘due diligence’? I assumed that was one of the reasons Pearce was kept on, he knew where the bodies were buried and would help with the running. There has been an overhaul of the Academy, I’m surprised that there hasn’t been similar in the running of the Club.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

My assumption is that he chose an ‘experienced in promotion from league one’ manager for a reason. The reasons could be many, but perhaps he assumed it would more likely and more easily allow us to gain promotion in a straightforward manner. Perhaps not, maybe he head-hunted Paul Warne for another reason. 

I don’t know how many clubs have experienced owners, but many have owners who intended to be owners and maybe they’d have done more ‘due diligence’? I assumed that was one of the reasons Pearce was kept on, he knew where the bodies were buried and would help with the running. There has been an overhaul of the Academy, I’m surprised that there hasn’t been similar in the running of the Club.

Your assumption of Clowes assumption then, got it. 

With limited public speaking, all I have in my head right now is that we have a reluctant owner, one that felt he couldn't stand by with a clear conscious and see the club die.

I think he brought in Warne, being an experienced manager at this level achieving a number of promotions would be the right man to take us up, however unless Clowes says otherwise it's a leap to suggest he thought this Football Owner lark would be straightforward. 

16 minutes ago, David said:

Your assumption of Clowes assumption then, got it. 

With limited public speaking, all I have in my head right now is that we have a reluctant owner, one that felt he couldn't stand by with a clear conscious and see the club die.

I think he brought in Warne, being an experienced manager at this level achieving a number of promotions would be the right man to take us up, however unless Clowes says otherwise it's a leap to suggest he thought this Football Owner lark would be straightforward. 

You are over emphasising the point I was making, in that he appointed Warne as it might seem to be a more straightforward path ( ie his experience intimated it) to promotion. No larking. Looking back I said ‘football management recruitment’.

Edited by RoyMac5