Away tickets 24/25

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Looking forward to the easing of away ticket availability due to all the coke sniffing 18 year olds being busy elsewhere at weekends!

Just wanted to say this made me LOL before the Mods take it down!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tomchope said:

Away memberships on sale this morning. Not seen it mentioned anywhere but still £40 plus booking fee.

Has away membership helped anyone get away tickets?

For me, tickets either sold out to those who had purchased the requisite number of tickets in the previous season or I got them based on my season ticket. 

Away membership didn’t seem to come into it.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

For me, tickets either sold out to those who had purchased the requisite number of tickets in the previous season or I got them based on my season ticket. 

I thought there were several stages. Something like away members with 20+ away games got first dibs, then AM with 15+, AM 10+, AM 5+, AM <5, then STHs, then General Sale. My only away games in the past 3 seasons have involved having to do hospitality at the away ground. 

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

There is likely to be around 22,000 season tickets, so away membership gives you priority over them.

Obviously most away members are already season ticket holders but it still leaves a big group fighting for the last few tickets.

29 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes. I had no record for 21/22, so bought a membership for 22/23 which helped me get tickets for games where demand was a little lower, like Lincoln, Morecambe and Cheltenham, which when added to games I might have got a ticket for without a membership, at Charlton, Port Vale and Barnsley, enabled me to get into the 5+ category which widened my choices last season. I would possibly have got to 5+ games in 22/23 without membership if so many big games like Ipswich and Portsmouth hadn't been moved to inconvenient dates, but it's a fairly cheap backstop.

I got tickets for the one's that I wanted to go without a membership so definitely won't be forking out for membership. Actually only one ground in the championship that I've not been to so I'm keeping my money in my very deep pockets. 

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes, definitely helped us over the last two seasons and even though we had to go on the waiting list more often than we'd have liked, we got tickets to all but two of the games we wanted to go to. Having said that, like others have mentioned, I wonder how necessary they'll be next season with the larger ticket allocations but they could be useful for any away cup games against lower league opposition so we've renewed our three.

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes for me (at least Shrewsbury and Lincoln I think) but I am in the 5+ category.

25 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I took out a membership a couple of seasons ago more as a means of helping the club out during those dark days, but it has come in useful in getting to most places I wanted to go. I shall probably get another although I am not sure I'll make as many games next season due to work and other commitments.

I’ve done mine again , it’s clear profit for DCFC, which helps the club . We all love an away day but the money goes to the home team . Important we all turn up for cup games at home as well . 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

I’ve done mine again , it’s clear profit for DCFC, which helps the club . We all love an away day but the money goes to the home team . Important we all turn up for cup games at home as well . 

#MeToo