Retained List

11 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Leigh Curtis thinks Sibley could leave and try something new and also thinks Wildsmith could well be gone. 

You’ve given me Frit, ta ta to Wildsmith I can’t believe it.

9 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Leigh Curtis thinks Sibley could leave and try something new and also thinks Wildsmith could well be gone. 

I did notice on the Barnsley forum the other day, one of their posters seemed pretty certain that Sibley was going to them. No idea if they're regarded as ITK.

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/summer-transfer-rumours.330451/page-2#post-3291860

32 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I did notice on the Barnsley forum the other day, one of their posters seemed pretty certain that Sibley was going to them. No idea if they're regarded as ITK.

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/summer-transfer-rumours.330451/page-2#post-3291860

Barnsley don’t have a manager and I would think Sibley’s wages would be beyond what they would want to pay either, as well as any compensation that we would be due. 

I have absolutely no doubt Sibley will have an array of Championship clubs taking an interest too. I could see him leaving but I’d be stunned beyond belief if it’s back to League One - unless Birmingham throw a ton of cash at him (£20k a week, etc) 

Sibley I’d imagine is possibly due to position played, he may not see a future at full back/wing back despite that being his path at derby currently.

obviously a talented player, struggled to get into the game at 10 too often. That is at league one also. The only improvement seen over the last three years has been when played at full back. This could be tested due to higher standard and is probably defending more next season.

Think maybe a move for Sibley might be best for him, that or trying to adapt and become more of a midfielder than an attacker.

I was very convinced he’d stay after the celebrations but we’ll see.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Barnsley don’t have a manager and I would think Sibley’s wages would be beyond what they would want to pay either, as well as any compensation that we would be due. 

I have absolutely no doubt Sibley will have an array of Championship clubs taking an interest too. I could see him leaving but I’d be stunned beyond belief if it’s back to League One - unless Birmingham throw a ton of cash at him (£20k a week, etc) 

Sibleys wage becomes zero soon unless we offer him another contract. Given he is reported to be one of the highest earners, I would have thought it would also be unlikely we offered him the same contract he is on now, therefore compensation doesn't become an issue either.

I think he will either stay with us on a reduced salary or head to league one, his current salary imo will become an obsolete figure shortly.

33 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Sibley I’d imagine is possibly due to position played, he may not see a future at full back/wing back despite that being his path at derby currently.

obviously a talented player, struggled to get into the game at 10 too often. That is at league one also. The only improvement seen over the last three years has been when played at full back. This could be tested due to higher standard and is probably defending more next season.

Think maybe a move for Sibley might be best for him, that or trying to adapt and become more of a midfielder than an attacker.

I was very convinced he’d stay after the celebrations but we’ll see.

How often would that be? Certainly not more than a game and maybe a half at a time. Still at his age he should be well established. 

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Surely derby release the list today or tomorrow as speculation around players will only build with each day. 

I don’t think social media speculation should hasten the publication of the retained list. The club will release the list when they’re good and ready. Getting the timing right for the players and the club is far more important than satisfying any impatience from the supporters.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t think social media speculation should hasten the publication of the retained list. The club will release the list when they’re good and ready. Getting the timing right for the players and the club is far more important than satisfying any impatience from the supporters.

but but but…..

Give It To Me Want GIF

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I would totally agree if retained lists were black and white but they’re usually just who’s definitely still here, who’s definitely going and who we’re still talking too. All automatic extensions will have already happened the day of or after the game or maybe even before. 

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How often would that be? Certainly not more than a game and maybe a half at a time. Still at his age he should be well established. 

I like sibley as well, but far too many times he’d play well off the bench or get a goal and then follow it with a totally anonymous display.

issue seemed to be when was off it was almost like playing with 10 men. Almost had to be taken off. 

1 minute ago, Rich3478 said:

I like sibley as well, but far too many times he’d play well off the bench or get a goal and then follow it with a totally anonymous display.

issue seemed to be when was off it was almost like playing with 10 men. Almost had to be taken off. 

He was the only one like that of course - not the experienced players. How was he ever to get better in the position? He’s another victim like Knight and Bird of Warne’s midfield black hole. Even good players like Hourihane are made to look poor because of how they are played. 
Knight, Bird, then Sibley, all gone? Of course they’ll end up at lesser clubs…

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He was the only one like that of course - not the experienced players. How was he ever to get better in the position? He’s another victim like Knight and Bird of Warne’s midfield black hole. Even good players like Hourihane are made to look poor because of how they are played. 
Knight, Bird, then Sibley, all gone? Of course they’ll end up at lesser clubs…

Nothing to do with finances then with Knight and Bird, who along with Cashin, were the only sellable assets we had?

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t think social media speculation should hasten the publication of the retained list. The club will release the list when they’re good and ready. Getting the timing right for the players and the club is far more important than satisfying any impatience from a tiny minority of supporters.

FTFY