Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

In my opinion we really are playing worse today than in the other games. This performance doesn’t match what we’ve seen in recent weeks in terms of effort, commitment, and the occasional moments of football. For me today has been really poor, the recent results and performances haven’t been.

Bristol Rovers away was our best performance of 2024.

But it was in isolation.

We have had more performances of this ilk as opposed to the one against Rovers.

We just have better quality than most other opposition so we can get away with it by taking our chances.

Nobody with a straight face can honestly say we play good football and dominate teams on a regular basis.

4 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Frontman or no frontman, we should be able to play better than this.

Yes … but its kinda important right? I mean most teams in the country would probably suffer equally 

I’ve not posted anything about Warne for a good while - I didn’t want to be negative at this point of the season and felt I just needed to get behind the team no matter how they play - it’s all about getting points on the board.

But today is awful and rather than scraping a win we are losing and  Warnes limitations as a manager are blindingly obvious 😞

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

A collective failure so far, a crap plan executed badly. I'd be dishing out a pretty severe bollocking if I were the manager.

The players should be fined a weeks wages. Same goes for the staff and the proceeds used to refund the traveling support. Performance can be better described as gross misconduct, no matter the result.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Bristol Rovers away was our best performance of 2024.

But it was in isolation.

We have had more performances of this ilk as opposed to the one against Rovers.

We just have better quality than most other opposition so we can get away with it by taking our chances.

Nobody with a straight face can honestly say we play good football and dominate teams on a regular basis.

We had a recognised centre forward for that game 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Yes … but its kinda important right? I mean most teams in the country would probably suffer equally 

To some degree yes. But not to the extent of the dross served up today.