Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

On 15/07/2024 at 16:43, Premier ram said:

West Brom willing to let John Swift leave , 12 months left on contract, for a decent fee we should be looking at this

Quality player-29 yrs old with a year left on his contract.I think the fee would put us off,however,no matter how good he is.

31 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Quality player-29 yrs old with a year left on his contract.I think the fee would put us off,however,no matter how good he is.

And his wages, talking to a baggies fan and that’s apparently why there letting him go

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

I posted in the ex Rams thread, but I'm adding here that according to the Mirror guy, Elsnik is on offer for £1.25m. Having been "offered" to Hull and Oxford:

Would you want him back at that price?

Defo 

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I posted in the ex Rams thread, but I'm adding here that according to the Mirror guy, Elsnik is on offer for £1.25m. Having been "offered" to Hull and Oxford:

100%, he’s really transformed into a great box to box midfielder. I actually think he’d suit Warnes style of play down to a tee aswell as he works hard aswell as being physical. We well could be in for him as he’s similar to Stefan Thordarsson who we lost out to, to Preston both 6 foot 3 goal scoring midfielders from the continent coming into their prime years. 

42 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yep. He always likes my posts when I comment on him coming back to Derby at some point. Once a Ram.... 🐏

55 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yes Please Want GIF by LION

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yep. He always likes my posts when I comment on him coming back to Derby at some point. Once a Ram.... 🐏

There was an interview on Derbyshire Live the other week with a Derby fan who has housed various academy kids in the past as part of his family, one of which was Elsnik. I'm sure he said that Elsnik himself still thinks he has unfinished business at Derby.

I'm not sure we'll be paying £1.25m for anyone though unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

I remember seeing him walking up Wembley Way for the Lampard playoff game, wearing his Rams' Elsnik shirt but not involved. And about to be released. I guess Harry Wilson had taken his hoped-for place in the side, and the academy people saw Sibley coming through. But Elsnik had so much ability and coolness. £1.25m is a lot for us but doesn't seem a lot for him. Would love him to return.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

💯 Think that's a bargain for an international footballer coming off a good Euros. I'd snap their hand off at that price!

42 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Would be great to have Elsnik back. Elsnik Ebou and Kenzo would be an amazing midfield if Osborn plays LWB.

My annoyance with getting Elsnik back would be the frustration towards whichever manager we had at the time who chose not to give him a chance when it was so obvious he deserved it.

I'd love to dig up my posts from the time, I remember him winning us that penalty shootout, after having a decent game and saying now was his time.

Had he played a part in the next game he would have been floating on air, the fact he missed out next game was up there as one of the poorest decisions alongside Weston not getting a lookin after scoring in the pizza cup.

Great to see Elsnik doing well.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My annoyance with getting Elsnik back would be the frustration towards whichever manager we had at the time who chose not to give him a chance when it was so obvious he deserved it.

I'd love to dig up my posts from the time, I remember him winning us that penalty shootout, after having a decent game and saying now was his time.

Had he played a part in the next game he would have been floating on air, the fact he missed out next game was up there as one of the poorest decisions alongside Weston not getting a lookin after scoring in the pizza cup.

Great to see Elsnik doing well.

Wassall's ultimately responsible. We tried to cash in as we had other promosing CMs coming through (Bird, Knight, Sibley) and then ended up getting nothing for him because no club was silly enoguh to pay for a player they could sign on a free a few months later.

He played in 2 cup games under Pearson, then 1 (as a late sub) under Rowett. He went on loan to Swindon a couple of weeks after his game for Rowett. I recall him doing pretty well until Phil Brown took over at the end of the season and dropped him after 2 games. Lampard became manager and he was loaned out to Mansfield who didn't lose a single game he started (11). It was at this point we decided we wouldn't be othering him a contract, so we tried to sell him, and he was recalled. There weren't any takers (due to being free in a few months time), so we laoned him out to whoever would cover the highest proportion of his wages... Northampton...

I was having a look at who the left back @SECornerRAM mentioned could be coming in on loan. Owen Beck as many have mentioned is the obvious name but apart from that I wonder if it could be Ryan Manning. He was signed by Southampton on a free last summer until 2027. He started in 29 games last season and wasn’t really favoured in important games especially towards the end of the season where he only started 3 of the last 7 games and was taken off at half time in 2/3 of them. 

I believe this is because he’s not the best defensively and doesn’t suit playing left back in a back four. Southampton have signed Charlie Taylor this summer and preferred Jack Stephens in the left back role against better opposition. This leaves Manning as third choice left back. For all the Warne lovers aswell he signed Ryan Manning before on loan for Rotherham where he played left wing back or in midfield scoring 4 goals and getting an assist in 18 games. 

Since that loan spell with Warne 5 seasons ago, in the championship he’s gone on to get 27 assists and 8 goals in 180 games.

Edited by Eoghan1884