Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

4 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

For me it will be more beneficial for Brown to go out on loan again with a recall option for Jan. 

Id love for him to be around the first team but he & us will gain more from him playing week in week out at a club in League 2 than he would getting the odd cup game & maybe some chances off the bench. 

Then if he tears it up in League 2 we can recall him in Jan & either keep him or senx him to a League 1 club.

Chesterfield are interested in Brown but they have Grigg and Madden so would he be ahead of them, if not he’d be better on our bench. I suppose Notts County will be keener now they’ve lost their main man. 

13 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

For me it will be more beneficial for Brown to go out on loan again with a recall option for Jan. 

Id love for him to be around the first team but he & us will gain more from him playing week in week out at a club in League 2 than he would getting the odd cup game & maybe some chances off the bench. 

Then if he tears it up in League 2 we can recall him in Jan & either keep him or senx him to a League 1 club.

For me. it would be wise to see how Brown does in training and the pre season friendlies. Maybe even in the match day squad for the opening games. Based on that knowledge, PW will know if he thinks Dajaune is ready or not. In late August the decision will be made to keep him here or send him out on loan.

21 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

For me. it would be wise to see how Brown does in training and the pre season friendlies. Maybe even in the match day squad for the opening games. Based on that knowledge, PW will know if he thinks Dajaune is ready or not. In late August the decision will be made to keep him here or send him out on loan.

This will be helped by the fact Yates is banned for the first 3 games. I hope he starts in the cup game v chesterfield.

At the moment it will be Collo in the middle against Blackburn I feel with Yates suspended. 

I feel we need another number 9 but only if we can move on Wash or Brown (on loan) but I'd give Brown a go and give him the odd run out.

I wonder if we could try get Steven Alzate. Would be a big coup if we could. He was recently on tv saying he’d love to stay in England and the premier league or a top division somewhere, but every player wants to play in the top divisions in Europe. London born but has 7 caps for Columbia he’s an excellent midfielder. He’s 25 and a free agent after being released from Brighton.

He played 51 games for Brighton from 2019 to 2022, majority of which are cup games or sub appearances, then went on loan to standard Leige for 2 seasons where he played 54 games getting 5 goals and 9 assists in the Belgium top division. Hes a good dribbler and passer, aswell as being good defensively. Haven’t seen him linked to any clubs really so not sure where he’ll end up.

11 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I wonder if we could try get Steven Alzate. Would be a big coup if we could. He was recently on tv saying he’d love to stay in England and the premier league or a top division somewhere, but every player wants to play in the top divisions in Europe. London born but has 7 caps for Columbia he’s an excellent midfielder. He’s 25 and a free agent after being released from Brighton.

He played 51 games for Brighton from 2019 to 2022, majority of which are cup games or sub appearances, then went on loan to standard Leige for 2 seasons where he played 54 games getting 5 goals and 9 assists in the Belgium top division. Hes a good dribbler and passer, aswell as being good defensively. Haven’t seen him linked to any clubs really so not sure where he’ll end up.

Would be good 👍🏻 

After @Big Trav suggested we’re interested in a Swedish midfielder. I suggested Rami Al Hajj a 22 year old creative midfielder. It’s being reported he’s got interest from England with Plymouth having strong reports of interest. Could be one to watch as he’s one of only a few Swedish midfielders in the danish league where we know we’re looking.

11 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

After @Big Trav suggested we’re interested in a Swedish midfielder. I suggested Rami Al Hajj a 22 year old creative midfielder. It’s being reported he’s got interest from England with Plymouth having strong reports of interest. Could be one to watch as he’s one of only a few Swedish midfielders in the danish league where we know we’re looking.

Thought BT said a Swedish striker, might be wrong.

45 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

People seriously think we are interested in a Swedish midfielder and Danish forward? 😆

Its fairly obvious there are one or two genuine ITKs on here and none or them have suggested the same.

On 14/07/2024 at 09:55, MadAmster said:

Especially with Yates suspended for the first three games of the season.

25 minutes ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

Doesn't look like Hladky's coming, going back to the Czech Republic it seems. Iversen or Rodak it is then! (Still think it'll be Iversen...)

I did see Rodak is still on holidays after the Euros and hasn’t made a decision on his future yet. 

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

West Brom willing to let John Swift leave , 12 months left on contract, for a decent fee we should be looking at this

His wage demands would eclipse anything we would pay out.