Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Whilst all that might be true, if you're an employee or subcontractor to DCFC, surely you value your job over posting stuff on the internet? 

I've always thought it's the mates of those people, rather than the people themselves who are the itks?

Exactly this. I'd value my job security and the client confidentiality obviously plays a part in it. If I'm told second hand, and I know the source would be tricky to correctly identify then I'd share. But only after confirming with the source they'd be happy for it to be shared. Some don't care, some do. 

As said in another thread, I've been told Lincoln are desperate to get Taylor back permanently and know there's interest from him in being their star man. But they need to flog plenty of players to afford whatever Luton would charge. For Derby, this is an opportunity to either go after Taylor ourselves or take advantage of Lincoln's situation and pick up some of their better players. 

2 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Exactly this. I'd value my job security and the client confidentiality obviously plays a part in it. If I'm told second hand, and I know the source would be tricky to correctly identify then I'd share. But only after confirming with the source they'd be happy for it to be shared. Some don't care, some do. 

As said in another thread, I've been told Lincoln are desperate to get Taylor back permanently and know there's interest from him in being their star man. But they need to flog plenty of players to afford whatever Luton would charge. For Derby, this is an opportunity to either go after Taylor ourselves or take advantage of Lincoln's situation and pick up some of their better players. 

If they (Lincoln) would be entertaining bids, I'd see what the asking price would be for Ethan Hamilton... Would fit into our midfield nicely!

4 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

If they (Lincoln) would be entertaining bids, I'd see what the asking price would be for Ethan Hamilton... Would fit into our midfield nicely!

He’s not even the best Scottish centre midfielder called Ethan that plays for Lincoln!!

15 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

A lot of people suggested Troy Parrott, even though it was never going to happen. He’s off to AZ alkmaar for around 8 million.

I suggested him and was met with we can do better 🫣 thought a loan was potentially realistic but not surprised someone has paid that in todays market 

30 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

A lot of people suggested Troy Parrott, even though it was never going to happen. He’s off to AZ alkmaar for around 8 million.

No wonder Warne has said the overseas market offers better value when Troy Parrott is going for 8 million

30 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

I suggested him and was met with we can do better 🫣 thought a loan was potentially realistic but not surprised someone has paid that in todays market 

Yes a lot of people seem to think Parrott is still the same player that played for Millwall and Ipswich. Hes an excellent hard working footballer and only 22. He’ll probably do well at AZ and end back up in the prem in a couple years.

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No wonder Warne has said the overseas market offers better value when Troy Parrott is going for 8 million

Yes troy Parrott the man who scored 17 goals and got 5 assists in 32 games for a relegated eredivisie side playing on the wing or a striker up top in two. He’s a full international who’s scored 5 goals internationally and he’s still just 22. 

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Yes troy Parrott the man who scored 17 goals and got 5 assists in 32 games for a relegated eredivisie side playing on the wing or a striker up top in two. He’s a full international who’s scored 5 goals internationally and he’s still just 22. 

Not quite sure how playing for Ireland really means anything.

My point is, he is a player we have mentioned as someone we could look at. Even then some people have said no, not for us etc. Yet hes going for 8 million. 

You could probably sign a striker of the same age, with a better scoring record from Holland, Denmark etc for a fraction of that.

25 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Not quite sure how playing for Ireland really means anything.

My point is, he is a player we have mentioned as someone we could look at. Even then some people have said no, not for us etc. Yet hes going for 8 million. 

You could probably sign a striker of the same age, with a better scoring record from Holland, Denmark etc for a fraction of that.

It means something because all international players go for that bit more than those who don’t play internationally. Also because anyone in that Irish front three would go for 8 million minimum and be too good and too expensive for us. Parrott, Idah, Szmodics, Johnston, Ogbene. 

6 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Yes a lot of people seem to think Parrott is still the same player that played for Millwall and Ipswich. Hes an excellent hard working footballer and only 22. He’ll probably do well at AZ and end back up in the prem in a couple years.

Time will tell.

Just listened to Warne's Radio Derby interview last night.

He said that before the summer started we wanted 12 signings, and we've got 4.

So looking like 8 more coming in.

He mentioned we need another 3-4 midfielders in. Which is obviously part of the team which needs strengthening most.

Also said there will be players that leave the club. FWIW I don't think we'll lose a player like Cashin, he's currently our biggest asset. But if Brighton offered £4 million for a league one centre half when he had a year left on his contract, then anything under £10 million I'd tell them to get lost. I know it's a risk, but if Cashin has a good season again and really steps up, his value will only increase (See Greaves going for £15 million from Hull).

Players I think could leave would be Fornah (if we bring in another 3-4 he's got no chance, Warne didn't fancy him last season either) Barkhuizen (pretty stacked in his position and likely to bring in one more, he triggered a new deal based on performance numbers, would Warne have kept him on otherwise, I don't think so) Washington (Honestly can't see anyone coming in for him, but could potentially just let him leave on a free) Then your fringe players like Brown, Robinson and Rooney. I think all 3 have a big future here. But sitting on the bench or not even making the squad is not going to help their development one bit. Wouldn't be surprised to see them get loan moves and hopefully add a recall clause in if needed.

So with the 8. 

3-4 Midfielders - One will obviously be Ebou Adams, then 2-3 more. Probably a young prem loan and I still think another from abroad is a possibility.

GK - Definitely one and he'll be the number one. Likely to be Iversen or Rodak. Then I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in an older one, like we had with Loach. Happy being 3rd choice and possibly wants to move into coaching at the end. 

Defender - Possibly 2 here. I think a centre half and a left back. 

Attack - I still think we will bring in another striker, possibly from abroad and another wide player like Dembele.

Gonna still be some big changes by the sound of it. So looking forward to seeing who we bring in.

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just listened to Warne's Radio Derby interview last night.

He said that before the summer started we wanted 12 signings, and we've got 4.

So looking like 8 more coming in.

He mentioned we need another 3-4 midfielders in. Which is obviously part of the team which needs strengthening most.

Also said there will be players that leave the club. FWIW I don't think we'll lose a player like Cashin, he's currently our biggest asset. But if Brighton offered £4 million for a league one centre half when he had a year left on his contract, then anything under £10 million I'd tell them to get lost. I know it's a risk, but if Cashin has a good season again and really steps up, his value will only increase (See Greaves going for £15 million from Hull).

Players I think could leave would be Fornah (if we bring in another 3-4 he's got no chance, Warne didn't fancy him last season either) Barkhuizen (pretty stacked in his position and likely to bring in one more, he triggered a new deal based on performance numbers, would Warne have kept him on otherwise, I don't think so) Washington (Honestly can't see anyone coming in for him, but could potentially just let him leave on a free) Then your fringe players like Brown, Robinson and Rooney. I think all 3 have a big future here. But sitting on the bench or not even making the squad is not going to help their development one bit. Wouldn't be surprised to see them get loan moves and hopefully add a recall clause in if needed.

So with the 8. 

3-4 Midfielders - One will obviously be Ebou Adams, then 2-3 more. Probably a young prem loan and I still think another from abroad is a possibility.

GK - Definitely one and he'll be the number one. Likely to be Iversen or Rodak. Then I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in an older one, like we had with Loach. Happy being 3rd choice and possibly wants to move into coaching at the end. 

Defender - Possibly 2 here. I think a centre half and a left back. 

Attack - I still think we will bring in another striker, possibly from abroad and another wide player like Dembele.

Gonna still be some big changes by the sound of it. So looking forward to seeing who we bring in.

Once you add 8 players to the squad, the players who're 3rd choice (or worse) in their position are obviously the most likely to head out (loan or permanent).

In some positions, we may want an extra man for depth to provide flexibility in formations. For example, our number 1 formation could be 3421, which has 2 CMs and 1 CF. However, we may want to keep 6 CMs and 4 CFs in the squad in case we go with 3 in midfield or 2 up front.

I belive the players most at risk are: Rooney, DRobinson, Barkhuizen and Washington. Fornah and Brown are then in the next group down

The (up to) 8... 1st choice GK, CB, CM/LWB, CM, AM/W, and CF. Sub CM. 3rd choice GK

For me it will be more beneficial for Brown to go out on loan again with a recall option for Jan. 

Id love for him to be around the first team but he & us will gain more from him playing week in week out at a club in League 2 than he would getting the odd cup game & maybe some chances off the bench. 

Then if he tears it up in League 2 we can recall him in Jan & either keep him or senx him to a League 1 club.