Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Think Lawal is potentially the best out of all names mentioned. He was immense for Fleetwood against us early last season at the back & got better as he moved into midfield 2nd half of the season. Him, Erhahon/Adams & Goudmijn with a wildcard like (Bobby Clark or Dembele) would be a great balance.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I agree on 4 CM signings. We should be looking to loan out one of Fornah, Thompson and DRobinson though as 7 CM options (or 8 including Osborn) would leave at least one of them severely lacking in the game time they think they deserve.

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We've lost Smith, Hourihane, Bird & Ebou from last season so I think we need four. Osborn covers there, similar to Sibley, but probably pencilled in at left wing-back.

Goudmijn probably takes that down to three. 

I think a lot depends on how often we will be playing a midfield 3 as opposed to a central two in a 343. A part of me feels as we have so many wide fowards/inside fowards such as Jackson, CBT, NML and Barkhuizen we will often play with a double pivot in the middle. In that case we may only need Kenzo and two more (lets say Ebou Adams and someone else). If we are looking to line up 352 then we will need more options in the middle.

Just now, McMuffin said:

Goudmijn, Adams and Erhahon. With Tommo and Osborn would be good!

It would be ok, but feel we need more. It's hard to 'guarantee' goals but we need a player who has attacking tendencies (at the very least). In the mould of Paris Maghoma or Thelo Aasgaard - obviously all players from League One last season but just as a reference in the type we would need to add (with the above). Goudmijn may well be, but he may well need development before he can be relied upon. A midfield four with Wilson, Adams, Erhahon, Osborn would be bang at it, but isn't providing much of the way of supply. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Were linked with him a while ago weren't we.

To be honest I'd rather spend £1 million on this lad then Ebou.

He's 22. Rated very highly. Potential to get even better.

True, but to a degree we must 'stay in our lane'

We're talking about a player here at the height of reputation, with an agent / club trying to create a bidding war for his services amongst at least half of all Championship clubs - a young English player carries a premium - that isn't our market at present (nor should it be) and the chances are that if we did manage to do a deal for him it would be one which pushes beyond our own idea of what is sustainable.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

I would like to see Thompson being given a chance at Derby this season. I appreciate he would be a squad player but if memory serves me right he did well in the Championship previously. He was exceptional last season before he got injured and he is homegrown. 

if I was Warne I wouldn’t be looking to loan him out this season, but he does need some game time. 

11 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Lamine Yamal from Barcelona would be decent playing in off the right hand side.

Hello Mrs Ince, good to have you back. Although I didn't think your previous recommendation, Mbappe, looked very good last night.

Saw some Celtic fans waxing lyrical about Lawal from one of his pre-season friendlies. He was one of the best players on the pitch from the highlights I saw. Wouldn't be surprised to see them holding on to him to be in & around the first team picture this season.

47 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Reading on twitter how Huddersfield want 750k for Sorba Thomas.

I would be all over that.

I read a few that would suggest he was off to Nantes. 

I do wonder if he'd be a Warne-type character, given some rumours about a poor attitude, but maybe Paul can fix him.

56 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Reading on twitter how Huddersfield want 750k for Sorba Thomas.

I would be all over that.

Good football player, but honking attitude - work-rate has always been in question and he doesn't score enough goals. 

I don't think the fans would take to him, either. 

Definitely good enough technically, but feel he drags an air of toxicity around with him. 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hello Mrs Ince, good to have you back. Although I didn't think your previous recommendation, Mbappe, looked very good last night.

Mbappe hasn't got the fight for a rainy day in Stoke.

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Maybe for the U21s.

I think he's better than you give credit for. He's at least Championship standard.

15 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Lamine Yamal from Barcelona would be decent playing in off the right hand side.

Absolutely not. He is way too young to have an impact in a football match.

Edited by DavesaRam

I really hope the Swedish midfielder @Big Trav mentioned is Rami Al Hajj, the name is perfect for starters but his ability on the ball is ridiculous and he’s only 22. He plays for Odense who were relegated to the second division of Denmark and seems to have plenty of interest from danish sides aswell as the Japanese league. He scored 4 and got 6 assists despite creating 50 chances in his 32 games last season, 9 more than max bird for last season for reference. I’d imagine he’d be pretty cheap since Odense were relegated. 

14 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I agree on 4 CM signings. We should be looking to loan out one of Fornah, Thompson and DRobinson though as 7 CM options (or 8 including Osborn) would leave at least one of them severely lacking in the game time they think they deserve.

I think we should look to loan Robinson out to a team in League to where he could get experience of first team football, maybe even a national league club if that is his level at the moment.

I'm not sure what's happened with Fornah. Has he been injured or out of favour? Either way a loan move could help him get some match fitness. 

Looking likely that a keeper will be our next signing.

Really could be anyone of 4 couldn't it?

Hladky, Iversen, Rodak or Ryan.

I have obviously heard it is Ryan, but that might not be true.

At this stage I would not be surprised to see any of them come through the door.

Who we thinking is next?

Edited by MACKWORTHRAM
error