Sven

Gaspode

Sad news and further indication of how time flies.

I grew up watching football in the 90s and I became an adult mid 00s.

The players I grew up watching are all pretty much retired now bar the odd one or two exceptions (Ronaldo and Messi are 39 and 37 this year!).

Players I grew up watching are now managers, and managers 20-30 years ago are now elderly and in some cases unfortunately passing away.

Different times back then when information on dieting wasn’t available and habits such as smoking was common among those in their 50s+.

31 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Sad news and further indication of how time flies.

I grew up watching football in the 90s and I became an adult mid 00s.

The players I grew up watching are all pretty much retired now bar the odd one or two exceptions (Ronaldo and Messi are 39 and 37 this year!).

Players I grew up watching are now managers, and managers 20-30 years ago are now elderly and in some cases unfortunately passing away.

Different times back then when information on dieting wasn’t available and habits such as smoking was common among those in their 50s+.

We've just substituted any vices for copious amounts of daily stress instead.  The 90's were fab which is why the football always seems a special memory.  I'd go back tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We've just substituted any vices for copious amounts of daily stress instead.  The 90's were fab which is why the football always seems a special memory.  I'd go back tomorrow.

I know most people born post war look back on the years they were growing up as better days.

But I detest today’s world of social media and instant gratification. 

We are blessed with the best technology, medicine and travel opportunities to date. But so many other things were just better in the 90s - football being one of them.

On 12/01/2024 at 01:16, Bris Vegas said:

But so many other things were just better in the 90s - football being one of them.

You should have been there for the football in the (early) 70's. 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Have special memories of that famous 5-1 win in Germany. My first England match I remember thinking this is why I love football. Never quite achieved what we could have under him but that match will always live with me. 

Thanks Sven, top man 👏👏👏👏

Edited by SSD

• 3 months later...