Post office scandal

32 minutes ago, SSD said:

This isn't specifically political, it's been happening for decades. Top brass on all sides are terrible at procurement, public money thrown down the bottomless pit. As per usual, they always pick the cheapest option and it doesn't matter about quality of the product. Happens in all sectors. Even in my workplace, once a contract runs out they'll always pick the lowest bidder and then chuck loads of cash at the problem for the next 5 years once it all falls to piece.

It's not their money...so who gives a fcuk 😡

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjjg5z00l3yo

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2024 at 11:20, ram59 said:

It may have failed to catch your attention that the installation, problems and first prosecutions and lying in courts happened under the Blair/Brown governments. It's well documented that they knew about it, but didn't want to upset the 'applecart'.

Unfortunately, rarely do we have box to tick, whereby we get a politician who looks after us first and foremost.

And Keir Starmer was the Director or Public Prosecutions when cases were brought to court.  But says he didn’t know it was happening.

It doesn’t matter what your political persuasion or bias is, no-one comes out of this looking good.

20 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

And Keir Starmer was the Director or Public Prosecutions when cases were brought to court.  But says he didn’t know it was happening.

It doesn’t matter what your political persuasion or bias is, no-one comes out of this looking good.

Almost all the prosecutions were outside the remit of the Crown Prosecution Service. They were brought privately by the Post Office, as it weirdly has the right to do.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I’ll tell you the real Post Office scandal.

£1.25 for a flipping stamp! 

Has destroyed the sending of Christmas cards. Now they’re saying they might not deliver at weekends.

I hope that this fiasco leads to a total reassessment of the future of the Post Office.

The Post used to be a service. Now it needs to make money

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Has destroyed the sending of Christmas cards. Now they’re saying they might not deliver at weekends.

I hope that this fiasco leads to a total reassessment of the future of the Post Office.

You can have this for what My great great Gran paid for it image.png.6a7e11c27174659c93d88bd08b502d51.png...😁

• 2 months later...

The minster in charge of overseeing the Post Office, is now calling for those in charge of bringing in and then covering up the egregious prosecutions of post masters, to face jail time.

And so they should.

But anyone want to take any bets on how far up the management ladder this will reach. It certainly won't reach up to the top rung of management. Some poor sods may be thrown to the wolves, but I doubt it will go beyond the first rung, if it even reach that high.

I've just watched 2 hours of Alan Bates giving evidence in the Post Office enquirery, I'm no lover of this Government controlled business, The POL(Post Office Ltd)have been caught with their pants down, Hands in the cookie jar, Caught on CCTV, Witnessed by the Pope, Everyone grassing everyone up to hopefully clear their name...and they still think they've done nowt wrong.

The POL were trying to bury all this at no matter what cost to the POL/Government(Us the Tax Payer)so it wouldn't have to pay out or anyone getting porridge, Now I'm one of the Worlds biggest sceptics where Governments? and MPs are concerned.

Deny Deny Deny is their mantra and yet it's all there in email format as @1of4 has posted some poor sod will be made the scapegoat just like the Banking Scandal then all will be sorted 😁

It's the Alan Bates of this World that Governments hate, Sticking their nose where it's not wanted, He was sacked in 2003 for being crap at his job, He was given extra tuition for being a Sub Postmaster, Time and time again he was given the opportunity to become a good Sub Postmaster but the Post Office had had enough of his stupidity where accounting was concerned, The trouble with all this is...he has paperwork from high up in the Post Office saying how good he was at his job and should be held up as a flagship of his excellence...or words to that effect.

Ed Davey not come out well as he turned down a meeting with Alan Bates saying there would be little point as this is a POL matter not a Government matter, Then Alan Bates writes another letter saying as the Government are the paymaster it is their responsibility, Davey relents and gives Alan Bates an interview...only because he was warned that channel 4 news were going to do a piece on this subject and if he refused a meeting this would not look good.

Wow got through all that without calling Bates...Master 😁  

Edited by Ram-Alf

On 28/01/2024 at 08:11, Anag Ram said:

Its 1.35 now… went up 2nd of april 

iv run a post office for nearly 20 years, have had my share of random transaction corrections from the horizon system but expect f*** all back from them 

Edited by NottsRam77