Derby vs Wycombe Wanderers

B4’s Sister

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Part 2 - this is the referee's position at the point of contact. The lino has his flag down, so it appears the referee alone made the decision - but how could she be so certain from where she viewed the incident? Correct or not, it looks like a rushed and impulsive decision. And if this was a penalty, why not the earlier one on Mendez-Laing?

IMG_20231217_122500490-01.thumb.jpeg.7299b90d0de51a6aaca54892b0772719.jpeg

I said in a previous post that Welch had a clear sight, Looking at that still pic...she hasn't and too far away to be 100% sure...imo

13 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

I said in a previous post that Welch had a clear sight, Looking at that still pic...she hasn't and too far away to be 100% sure...imo

Where does it come from, this notion that the ref needs to be 100% sure before awarding a penalty ? Seriously, is there any written basis for it anywhere in the rules of the game, or in guidance to refs? Does a different rule apply to other decisions, and if so why? 

And are you certain you’re not living in a Matrix ?

6 hours ago, Returning ram said:

Can't agree with that at all, it's a system that has earned us 5 wins on the bounce, seen us gain ground on the top 2 and move up the league. The players didn't perform today, sometimes you can point the finger at the manager, but today imo wasn't one of them.

He made changes early, he made changes throughout, it still didn't make a difference, sometimes the players hold the responsibility on what happens on the pitch. Taking his interview out of context once again is no surprise, his words "point when you're playing bad is OK" shows that he is honest in opinion.

He also mentions to many times crosses were out into the empty box, so he recognises believe it or not where the problem was. 

No,  yesterday wasn’t the system that gave us a long winning run, it was the one from before that which earned us naff all for mist of the season so far.

I hope its a one-off or he’s gone to start getting flack like he got after Stevenage and Crewe.

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

No,  yesterday wasn’t the system that gave us a long winning run, it was the one from before that which earned us naff all for mist of the season so far.

I hope it's a one-off or he’s gone to start getting flack like he got after Stevenage and Crewe.

Was it ? Not doubting you but what was different from the previous game ?

5 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Warney doesn’t seem to learn though does he? Tactically he is left wanting at times. In my view once fully fit Thommo should play. He fills the void of energy and pace we currently lack in midfield.

He would fill that void if we actually used the midfield from the half-way line forwards. But we didn’t yesterday. When we approached the half-way line the ball was sent sharp left or right or into the channels. Just about every time. So all Thommo would do us twist his head one way or the other as it by-passes him yet again.

Just now, DavesaRam said:

He would fill that void if we actually used the midfield from the half-way line forwards. But we didn’t yesterday. When we approached the half-way line the ball was sent sharp left or right or into the channels. Just about every time. So all Thommo would do us twist his head one way or the other as it by-passes him yet again.

Like it did Sibley for most of the half.

24 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It makes more sense for us to get it short from the keeper and play our way forward. The long ball is not effective. It just hands possession to the opponents.

Full back, midfield, wing should give us controlled possession further upfield.

It’s also better to watch 😊

I’m not saying it should be every time we restart, but it’s literally NEVER an option. We reverted to type yesterday with slow, laboured passing side ways and backwards far too often, albeit they came to sit in and frustrate and things improved a bit when we went 3 at the back (Eww, I feel dirty!).

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I've not read the thread at all but I did watch the match. That result was nothing to do with shape or tactics. It was sheer incompetence from the players. Virtually all were guilty of under hit or over hit passes the whole game and as for game management what a laugh..... Why the hoof up field for the ball to come straight back when white shirts were available? Incompetence by the players, total incompetence. 

The hoof upfield is because that is what they had been told to do - by-pass midfield and cross into the area to our centre forward his is out on the wing but will be along shortly. 🙄

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

Part 2 - this is the referee's position at the point of contact. The lino has his flag down, so it appears the referee alone made the decision - but how could she be so certain from where she viewed the incident? Correct or not, it looks like a rushed and impulsive decision. And if this was a penalty, why not the earlier one on Mendez-Laing?

IMG_20231217_122500490-01.thumb.jpeg.7299b90d0de51a6aaca54892b0772719.jpeg

The penalty on Mendez-Laing wasn’t given because the ball had already gone away from him. But you could have asked about the foul on John-Jules which was given the other way, or when Max Bird was wrestled to the floor. Both clear and obvious fouls in the penalty area.

57 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Anyone expect more than 1 min injury for the first half. All the bookings and stoppages?

In the second half I noted the time that the referee halted play for injuries, substitutions etc and it came to more than six minutes, so none added for slow play or actual time wasting.

The penalty was awarded with 3 seconds left of the added 6 minutes.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

The hoof upfield is because that is what they had been told to do - by-pass midfield and cross into the area to our centre forward his is out on the wing but will be along shortly. 🙄

No, don't agree with that Dave. I saw players in the last 10mins choosing to hoof out under pressure when with more quality a pass was available. Im sticking to my incompetence view not bashing the manager on this occasion. 

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No, don't agree with that Dave. I saw players in the last 10mins choosing to hoof out under pressure when with more quality a pass was available. Im sticking to my incompetence view not bashing the manager on this occasion. 

The way to victory after our goal was to keep possession. We did that for a while then resorted to the panic option of wasting time and pumping it long. 

That led to a free kick which was pumped towards our weakest headers (the big three were all standing together)

We need to use yesterday as a lesson on how not to defend a lead.

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

The way to victory after our goal was to keep possession. We did that for a while then resorted to the panic option of wasting time and pumping it long. 

That led to a free kick which was pumped towards our weakest headers (the big three were all standing together)

We need to use yesterday as a lesson on how not to defend a lead.

Who and how would you have trusted to keep possession?