Kane Wilson

DarkFruitsRam7

15 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

NML has 4 in his last 5 doesn’t he? 
I think we need just good players in the wide areas and I think we have 3 but need one more. 

You’d hope the aim is to bring through the younger players in the squad as the season goes on. 

62 career goals in 467 appearances doesn't scream 'goalscorer' to me

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Since when was Collins a winger?

He’s not, sorry, though some would argue he has spent plenty of time haring around on the wing when he should be in the box.

Your post didn’t specify a goal scoring wide player, that was my mistake, you said “we need a goal scorer” and being still giddy about his 5 goals in 2 games I felt compelled to post a pic of Collins. 

46 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He’s not, sorry, though some would argue he has spent plenty of time haring around on the wing when he should be in the box.

Your post didn’t specify a goal scoring wide player, that was my mistake, you said “we need a goal scorer” and being still giddy about his 5 goals in 2 games I felt compelled to post a pic of Collins. 

My post was directly responding to needing 1 more winger to add to thr 3 we already have (Mendez-Laing, Wilson, Barkhuizen)

15 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

I scored him as a 2 or a 3 against Blackpool in the home cup game and thought we’d signed a dud.

Thankfully I was wrong - starting to look really good and is delivering end product.

I did wonder if his injury had ruined him. I assume Nigel Pearson thought it had. He's really come on as the season has progressed. How rare is a Derby gamble that pays off?

All about fitness for Wilson. If he stays fit I think we’ve found a gem. But this is Derby after all so I’m expecting a nasty ACL injury to be rearing its head. 

Signed as a wingback/right back, I’m unsure of his defensive qualities so maybe wingback is his premium position. But certainly playing as a winger is something he can do at this level. Scoring goals will determine whether his ceiling is above league 1 for that role.

Exciting player who has the X factor. Will be intrigued to see if he can become a regular starter.

Kane bloody Wilson is fast becoming a fans favourite 

Really hope he can stay injury free 

Between the three wingers we do have let’s hope PW rotates and keeps them fresh  we all remember NML at the end of last year - I assume Sibley will support them too

Definitely has the potential To be a strong Championship player and love that we have some pace up top 

11 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

I scored him as a 2 or a 3 against Blackpool in the home cup game and thought we’d signed a dud.

Thankfully I was wrong - starting to look really good and is delivering end product.

Ditto he was dreadful against Blackpool, mind you so was everyone else! Since then he has shown flair and a great work rate. Against Exeter (I think) he was covering right across the pitch and as with yesterday causing real problems. It seems the more opposition players around him the more he likes it, and he can cross a ball😁

Really like the look of Kane, a player who gets fans out of there seats, love his positivity, he has one thing on his mind, take on his man and put the ball into the box, think/hope he starts against Crewe, deserves a starting place tomorr, to show us what he can produce from the start. And we have 4 wide players Mendez, Barks, Kane and Ward who posh fans say is much better on the right hand side of a midfield in an attacking role.