He's got a left-sided parting....

Ellafella

image.thumb.png.cce74f24c3c7565798a26c30a4e8a9ee.png

In praise of Kane Wilson. He's 23 and he's a Brummy. He's got GCSEs (His grades were two A's, four B's and five C's). OK he's had a bit of a stop-start flavour to his Derby career but I really enjoyed his 2nd half performance at Crewe last Sunday and thought he was very lively last night AND ... it was so nice to see his pinpoint, fast, whipped-in cross right onto the sixpence-piece that is Collin's head. All Collins had to do was shut his eyes very tight and listen for the "schooowwwrrllll" {that's the sound that the net makes when a hard-struck leather ball hits the back of the net}. Lovely goal Collo but that's an example of a goal where at least 50% of the resultant joy is "owned" by the guy who crossed the ball. 

After 15 league games Kane is 12 in the DCFCFans' Forum ratings; although he's fallen down the table lately, he's just 0.65 off the top. I think Kane will be right up there this season. Big few months ahead Kane but you're my one to watch. And...he's got a great left-sided parting. 

Edited by Ellafella

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

In praise of Kane Wilson. He's 23 and he's a Brummy. He's got GCSEs (His grades were two A's, four B's and five C's). OK he's had a bit of a stop-start flavour to his Derby career but I really enjoyed his 2nd half performance at Crewe last Sunday and thought he was very lively last night AND ... it was so nice to see his pinpoint, fast, whipped-in cross right onto the sixpence-piece that is Collin's head. All Collins had to do was shut his eyes very tight and listen for the "schooowwwrrllll" {that's the sound that the net makes when a hard-struck leather ball hits the back of the net). Lovely goal Collo but that's an example of a goal where at least 50% of the resultant joy is "owned" by the guy who crossed the ball. 

After 15 league games Kane is 12 in the DCFCFans' Forum ratings; although he's fallen down the table lately, he's just 0.65 off the top. I think Kane will be right up theer this season. Big few months ahead Kane but you're my one to watch. And...he's got a great left-sided parting. 

Very nice. He was very entertaining last night and that goal was a thing of beauty, joy, and all other good things, as much for the exquisite cross and the goalie's firework-popping vain attempt to keep Collins' header out as for the header itself.

Now, how long do we need to wait for something to pop up and take us by surprise in the deceptively seemingly blank space underneath? Maybe I need a better Internet connection.

29 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

In praise of Kane Wilson. He's 23 and he's a Brummy. He's got GCSEs (His grades were two A's, four B's and five C's). OK he's had a bit of a stop-start flavour to his Derby career but I really enjoyed his 2nd half performance at Crewe last Sunday and thought he was very lively last night AND ... it was so nice to see his pinpoint, fast, whipped-in cross right onto the sixpence-piece that is Collin's head. All Collins had to do was shut his eyes very tight and listen for the "schooowwwrrllll" {that's the sound that the net makes when a hard-struck leather ball hits the back of the net}. Lovely goal Collo but that's an example of a goal where at least 50% of the resultant joy is "owned" by the guy who crossed the ball. 

After 15 league games Kane is 12 in the DCFCFans' Forum ratings; although he's fallen down the table lately, he's just 0.65 off the top. I think Kane will be right up there this season. Big few months ahead Kane but you're my one to watch. And...he's got a great left-sided parting. 

I think he is a sub.

He comes to life when the game is stretched.

He was poor to average first half v Wolves as they doubled up on him and denied space.

As soon as the game opened up second half and the midfield stopped helping the full back, he ran riot.

I think the same is true of Sibley to an extent.

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Speaking of forum ratings, @Ellafella... are we doing them for the Wolves U21 match? I'm feeling generous!

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

With us, hopefully.

Only 23, we can grow better together. 

Hear! Hear! @angieram; I hope so too. I'm slightly perplexed that since he was 17 he has been at a number of clubs:

image.png.c6a996476fd59da1173f647e87d81e56.png

That's normally a negative insofaras it suggests that Clubs have perhaps cast doubt on his potential although for me he has obvious talent. I'm not suggesting there is anything amiss, just curious. His goal tally is obviously sparse, but the quality of the cross last night suggests he has a peach of a foot on him. He fluffed 2 unbelievably "simple" chances first half at Blackpool earlier this season when it was easier to score so at 23 maybe just has that "head storm" tendency when he realises he can score; that hopefully will disappear as soon as he gets off the mark but his record suggests he has something to work on. "But he's a full-back" I hear you say. Well maybe, he can develop into a more attacking advanced player at Derby. Hope he scores soon...almost got one at Crewe with what the commentator rather dismissed as a mis-hit cross, which the keeper did well to beat away for a corner. "That would have been a goal! " Motty would have exclaimed...and yes some goal it would have been. Keep that side-parting Kane, it's your schtick, and it's going to come good soon. To the tune of "sing when your winnin'", "He's got a left-sid-ed part-ing, left-sided part-ting...etc" 

14 minutes ago, jameso said:

Speaking of forum ratings, @Ellafella... are we doing them for the Wolves U21 match? I'm feeling generous!

I did think not...but actually I think those young guys deserve to be "incorporated" into the Hall of Ratings so yes...will get on with it today. Thanks for the encouragement @jameso

Edited by Ellafella

14 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Hear! Hear! @angieram; I hope so too. I'm slightly perplexed that since he was 17 he has been at a number of clubs:

To the contrary, given his young age I think the number of loans while he was at the baggies could indicate a desire to go out and play football and learn his craft. Clearly the baggies didn’t have a place for him, went to Forest Green and got himself in League 2 team of the year, got his big move to Bristol which didn’t work out due to a bad injury not long after he joined, we now have the chance to help him get his career back on an upward trajectory.

I personally think he’s class and think he’ll get better and better the more he plays and the fitter he gets. Fingers crossed.

May I enquire as to the purpose of the reference(s) to a left sided parting?

Is it an in-joke?
Does it infer something I am unaware of?
Is there a hint of ridicule in these references, or am I being overly concerned?

... Asking for "a friend with a left-sided parting"!  👀

20 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

May I enquire as to the purpose of the reference(s) to a left sided parting?

Is it an in-joke?
Does it infer something I am unaware of?
Is there a hint of ridicule in these references, or am I being overly concerned?

... Asking for "a friend with a left-sided parting"!  👀

No @Mucker1884. I really admire "Kaney" (cue Warney's face in my head) as a player and his L-S-P is cool. It's a plain and simple fact. 

He’s clearly a talented lad, but he’s one of those players who clearly hasn’t fully harnessed that talent as yet.

Hopefully with him getting more experience and coming into his prime years, we will see his development accelerate and he will have more impact on games.

Edited by Ramarena

10 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Was gonna pull you up on the ‘leather ball’ but thought I’d better check first and what an interesting read….. Thermal bonding’ never thought I’d type that 

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Was gonna pull you up on the ‘leather ball’ but thought I’d better check first and what an interesting read….. Thermal bonding’ never thought I’d type that 

I’m indebted to you @SKRam ; “Thermal bonding” sounds like some Swingers’ Group  communal practice, probably involving a hot tub, a hot rub and snorkels. How long have you been engaging in this? 😲