January Reinforcements

sage

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Why is it an excuse?

Transfer plans sometimes come together and sometimes fall apart. There are failed transfers in every single window. Why get so worked up about this particular one?

If we have a business plan that we have to follow rigidly and stick to, then it’s an obvious factor in why other clubs can complete deals more smoothly and why it is more problematic for us.

The power is with the EFL and the conditions they have put in place and the clubs who will try to take advantage of such a situation.

Are you having a laugh hes been after players like smith/ gregory  not going to be dirt cheap on wages to not signing anyone! its his style not the funds! 

10 minutes ago, vonwright said:

You recently told me I couldn't possibly presume that players like Bradley and Ward are on good money, because I haven't seen their contracts.

Yet you seem to be very certain about the limits of our budget and terms of our restrictions. 

What is the evidence that Bradley and Ward are on good money?

There is enough evidence out there to suggest that the budget / restrictions are prohibitive, or did you miss where we were priced out of moves for two back-up strikers from a struggling Championship club and all the other indicators?

Just now, Jourdan said:

There is enough evidence out there to suggest that the budget / restrictions are prohibitive, or did you miss where we were priced out of moves for two back-up strikers from a struggling Championship club and all the other indicators?

So is it the budget or the restrictions? Those are very different things. 

What does the 'evidence' tell us? 

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

or is the very obvious indicator that we spent a fairly un-prohibited pot on wages for players who are getting splinters or splints.

The problem here is that Warne has absolutely shot himself in the foot with his comments at the fans Q&A. He admitted his mistakes in not recruiting sufficiently last January, surely he would've took heed and remembered that?

Sure, we haven't got the resources to spend the big bucks on someone. But we desperately needed a first team striker in to provide competition and cover for Collins. As said, that Georgie Kelly has gone permanently to Carlisle, Burton have signed a handful of strikers there was free scoring Chris Martin available on a free. There's been plenty of options out there who have gone to clubs who get a fraction of our gates so surely have even less available budget It's so frustrating, let's hope that Waghorn and Washington are back and firing sharpish.

8 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Because we’re in a 4 horse race this season and next season it’ll be a 10 horse race.

Theres being positive and then theres being blind. 

So if Collins gets injured you think the predicament we’re in is acceptable?

Blind to what?

We want to improve the squad but all the indicators point to it not being easy or straightforward at this time.

If Collins gets injured, it will be a great shame and a huge blow. But we can only wait and see how things develop. You are panicking about a situation that might not even arise.

At the end of the day, can the club really win? Sign no-one and people complain, sign someone and they don’t quite click and people complain, sign someone and they get injured and people complain, sign someone and they don’t become our best and most productive player inside 180 minutes and people complain.

The sooner the summer is here, the better.

I think if the “restrictions” were particularly prohibitive the club should simply not come out and say they made a very good offer for a striker.

That way they can actually blame the “restrictions” without it looking like an excuse for being woefully underprepared and / or deleting every number in their phones except Dejphon Chansiri’s.

Yes yes, I'm sure that we're paying someone who was offered a new contract by a team who finished one goal above us last season less than they could offer him, and with no signing on fee, and that team are now able to outprice us by paying their players more than we could.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

4 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

The problem here is that Warne has absolutely shot himself in the foot with his comments at the fans Q&A. He admitted his mistakes in not recruiting sufficiently last January, surely he would've took heed and remembered that?

Sure, we haven't got the resources to spend the big bucks on someone. But we desperately needed a first team striker in to provide competition and cover for Collins. As said, that Georgie Kelly has gone permanently to Carlisle, Burton have signed a handful of strikers there was free scoring Chris Martin available on a free. There's been plenty of options out there who have gone to clubs who get a fraction of our gates so surely have even less available budget It's so frustrating, let's hope that Waghorn and Washington are back and firing sharpish.

Would Georgie Kelly improve us? Would he want to sit on our bench? Maybe he has joined Carlisle to play first team football?

Chris Martin? Was he ever likely to leave Bristol Rovers where he is scoring goals and playing first team football and obviously enjoying living in the city? He would have come here and had to prove himself to the manager and would have had to work his way into the team. Again, would he have jumped at that chance? Not convinced.

It’s easy to say X, Y, Z were available but we have the easy job of sitting on the sofa, not dealing with all types of variables.

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Blind to what?

We want to improve the squad but all the indicators point to it not being easy or straightforward at this time.

If Collins gets injured, it will be a great shame and a huge blow. But we can only wait and see how things develop. You are panicking about a situation that might not even arise.

At the end of the day, can the club really win? Sign no-one and people complain, sign someone and they don’t quite click and people complain, sign someone and they get injured and people complain, sign someone and they don’t become our best and most productive player inside 180 minutes and people complain.

The sooner the summer is here, the better.

So Warne can sign another 6 crocks with good attitudes- or in real terms don't have any opinion that may rock his boat- and bad injury records.  He won't even have his heavily relied on Rosenior squad that was put together in a few weeks to fall back on .  Good times. 

43 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Are you seriously suggesting our business plan makes us less able to bring in players than Carlisle and Burton?

Well unless Burton and Carlisle are in a position where they had to sell to bring anyone else in, I think the answer to that question is blinding obvious. 

1 hour ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Thanks for that Chat GPJourdan.

With respect, I am not sure what it is I’ve done to get under your skin so much. 

At the end of the day, we have different views on the manager and have different ideas of what success for the club looks like and whether the current manager can achieve it or not.

I am not sure we are ever likely to agree on this and I am not even sure Warne being sacked in six months would give you the overwhelming validation you seem to need, so all in all, I feel like you are wasting your time and energy with this particular running battle.

Guarantee sat Collins will get injured then we are done because Warne wanted 2 rubbish forwards from Sheffield wed once again a let down Jan window I hoped after last year things be different another season league 1 here we come 

Edited by Simon Bradley
Prob to harsh but spent night with red dogs winding me up

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

It will help the club financially, which is still an important consideration to make whether people like it or not.

And perhaps we’ll have more muscle when the transfer window comes around again in the summer.

What selling to Bristol ? 
Doubt it, we spent naff all on a needed striker yet sold one of our assets to a team we hope to be above next year. Ambitious that .. 

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Would Georgie Kelly improve us? Would he want to sit on our bench? Maybe he has joined Carlisle to play first team football?

Chris Martin? Was he ever likely to leave Bristol Rovers where he is scoring goals and playing first team football and obviously enjoying living in the city? He would have come here and had to prove himself to the manager and would have had to work his way into the team. Again, would he have jumped at that chance? Not convinced.

It’s easy to say X, Y, Z were available but we have the easy job of sitting on the sofa, not dealing with all types of variables.

I think if Collins gets injured in the next month then pretty much any striker improves us at that point?