January Reinforcements

sage

13 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Whatever happens, the teams around us have strengthened more than we have. Bolton have made 3 quality signings, similar to Pompey. Despite the fact we’ve signed CBT we have also lost our back up forward for the season. The midfield still isn’t right either and we’re one injury away from Cashin/Nelson/Collo and we are going to struggle. 

very similar to last January window unless we can pull a rabbit out of the hat. 

True, Nelson was struggling in the last 15 minutes on Saturday & Collo is 2 bookings (in the next 8 games) away from a 2 game ban

Edited by SamUltraRam

For the midfielder, I'd be looking at Bobby Clark at Liverpool on loan again.

Apparently he's been told he can go out on loan for the rest of the season. We were definitely interested in the summer, he's done really well since he came back from injury and he played vs Norwich the other day.

Just now, Jubbs said:

For the midfielder, I'd be looking at Bobby Clark at Liverpool on loan again.

Apparently he's been told he can go out on loan for the rest of the season. We were definitely interested in the summer, he's done really well since he came back from injury and he played vs Norwich the other day.

Bobby from Liverpool, been there, done that

18 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Whatever happens, the teams around us have strengthened more than we have. Bolton have made 3 quality signings, similar to Pompey. Despite the fact we’ve signed CBT we have also lost our back up forward for the season. The midfield still isn’t right either and we’re one injury away from Cashin/Nelson/Collo and we are going to struggle. 

What’s occurring BT, what are you being told, anything in shirt and shorts will do us at this stage 😊

18 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

True, Nelson was struggling in the last 15 minutes on Saturday & Collo is 2 bookings (in the next 8 games) away from a 2 game ban

Nelson got the ball kicked in his lower gut at some pace, happened right Infront of me so probably good job he had Bradley next to him to help out. Collins is 2 cards away from a 2 game ban and nml can't keep running for 95 minutes like on Saturday ( he was immense second half ). We are threadbare enough now and I hope warne isn't just waiting for the wounded to come back because you are talking end of Feb for most of them. 

Edited by taggy180

26 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Bradley, Nyambe and Forsyth can all cover CB (dependant on formation). It could even be an opportuntity for Bardell/Bartley to step up, or DRobinson to fill in if there was an injury crisis.
Even if Collins picked up 2 yellows in the next 2 games, the third game is Feb 13th, around the time we expect to see Waghorn and Washington return. In the unlikely scenario of us not signing a forward, Mendez-Laing would be the player used at CF for a game or two.

44 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Have to say its not looking promising but we live in hope 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bradley, Nyambe and Forsyth can all cover CB (dependant on formation). It could even be an opportuntity for Bardell/Bartley to step up, or DRobinson to fill in if there was an injury crisis.
Even if Collins picked up 2 yellows in the next 2 games, the third game is Feb 13th, around the time we expect to see Waghorn and Washington return. In the unlikely scenario of us not signing a forward, Mendez-Laing would be the player used at CF for a game or two.

Great 😊 

30 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Nothing at the moment, waiting for Wednesday to decide on Smith 

It seems even though we have the largest attendances and income we can't compete with Bolton Pompey and even Charlton and Oxford ffs !!   😧 What that man MM has done to this club!!! grrrrrrr 🤬

7 minutes ago, S8TY said:

It seems even though we have the largest attendances and income we can't compete with Bolton Pompey and even Charlton and Oxford ffs !!   😧 What that man MM has done to this club!!! grrrrrrr 🤬

Certainly seems we’re still taking our medicine from the sickness he inflicted. Worra t*** 

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

That’s true, although I do think that the signings at the likes of Bolton and Pompey are being looked at more enviously because of the lack of our activity.

With Bradley at Bolton and Holmes at Pompey, they may be good players but I wouldn’t start them ahead of our current options so it would be a waste of a limited budget.

I’d rather CBT over Callum Lang so I’m not particularly worried about that one either.

I think we need to worry more about ourselves rather than what others are doing, if we end the window with a couple of round pegs in the round holes we need then I’d still back us to finish in the top 2. I don’t think we will get those round holes, but missing out on promotion would be more to our failure to recruit rather than how well other clubs have done with their signings.