January Reinforcements

sage

Sounds like there is only enough in the pot for 1 more loan which Warne is right in targetting a striker. We are short on numbers there, midfield we have numbers just short on balance.

I can see at least 1 of Smith, Fornah & Sibley leaving on loan meaning we can bring in replacements.

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What have Warne and Thomas been doing all season in preparation for the January window?

What does Thomas bring to the party, seeing as Warnes signings tend to be people who he has managed before? Or in the case of CBT, well known in league 1 anyway.

Do we scout in Scotland, Ireland, or even League 2 and non league? 🤔 

Did our recruitment dept know about Hugill at Man Utd ? How did Burton know about him . Some on here said he’s not good enough for us 🤷🏻‍♂️ Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Did our recruitment dept know about Hugill at Man Utd ? How did Burton know about him . Some on here said he’s not good enough for us 🤷🏻‍♂️ Time will tell.

Hugill only has 1 more goal that Brown in PL2 this season. He also plays in a side which are the 2nd top scorers in the country, having scored twice as manay as our U21 side. If we're at the point where we think Hugill is a good signing for us, then why haven't we given Brown a serious run in the first team beforehand?

Chris Martin, still seems to have lot to offer at this level 10 goals in 13 starts. Would be on a free, probably not a lot in wages. 6 month deal to end of season and opportunity to come back and score a few for us an ultimately get us and be our hero again. Worth a punt? He’s got to be a better option than what we’ve got already. 

7 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Chris Martin, still seems to have lot to offer at this level 10 goals in 13 starts. Would be on a free, probably not a lot in wages. 6 month deal to end of season and opportunity to come back and score a few for us an ultimately get us and be our hero again. Worth a punt? He’s got to be a better option than what we’ve got already. 

His goals suggest he's still good enough for this level - maybe not mobile enough for a Warne team but I could see him playing the width of the 18 yard box holding the ball up, getting on the end of crosses and of course buying foul.    If he's talking to ColUs he can't be asking for more than a few grand a week. 

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

But has he got the right personality?

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

Just signed an extension with Bristol Rovers. I definitely would of had him till end of season 😞

Gonna get my crystal ball out here…I think we will eventually get Smith but it may come down to the final minutes of deadline day. Wednesdays mad owner is in Sheffield to discuss with their manager about incomings. Already brought a striker in as well as being linked with a striker from Arsenal who has now moved on. I can see Wednesday signing another attacker and then will let Smith out. Smith wants Derby and player power will come into it eventually. 

37 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

But has he got the right personality?

🤣 Surely Warnes past the personality test. After last nights showing we need goals and someone who can hold a ball up.