January Reinforcements

sage

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Our record on Australians isn't the best.  We've even broken the one that was supposed to be a championship regular.  A pass from me.

He can’t be any worse than Mile Sterjovski and Zadkovich 😂

58 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

With Charlton strengthening lots, I thought maybe they could help us out by beating our rivals. They play Bolton and Pompey one after another, great..

Then I realised, we play Charlton twice in Feb..

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Surely, Derby away to Charlton on the 3rd of Feb ends 1-0. The goal coming from CBT no matter which team he’s playing for on the day. 

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I suppose if they go on a run second half of the season they could give themselves a slim chance at the playoffs and/or carry momentum into next season. They’ve still got 60 points to play for 

They would now need to average 2.5 points per game for the rest of the season (current average is only 1.15) to give them 80 points. It would also require Barnsley dropping from 1.88 ppg to 1.55, Stevenage from 1.77 to 1.7 and nonr of the other sides between themselves in 13th and the playoffs improving.
If the target was lowered to 75 points beign enough for 6th place, Barnsley's ppg would hav eto drop to 1.3. To put it another way, those 45 points over their next 20 games would be a better tally than anyone has managed over the last 20 games - both us and Peterborough have picked up 43.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They would now need to average 2.5 points per game for the rest of the season (current average is only 1.15) to give them 80 points. It would also require Barnsley dropping from 1.88 ppg to 1.55, Stevenage from 1.77 to 1.7 and nonr of the other sides between themselves in 13th and the playoffs improving.
If the target was lowered to 75 points beign enough for 6th place, Barnsley's ppg would hav eto drop to 1.3. To put it another way, those 45 points over their next 20 games would be a better tally than anyone has managed over the last 20 games - both us and Peterborough have picked up 43.

I’m not saying it’s probable, but it is technically still possible regardless of how slim the chances are. 

You've got to love league 1 transfers.

We get linked to a player most of us - if we're honest enough - have never heard of and, in the blink of an eye, we're calling them by nicknames and abbreviations like they're our mates form the pub.

After a a short period of time we're doing cartwheels because they're on the verge of signing, by which time they've been bigged up so far that we're basically expecting fat Ronaldo from his pre-pie phase to walk in the building.

I'm no different........can't wait for the corner flag later on!