Hourihane gone in January?

StarterForTen

31 minutes ago, Mckram said:

He’s fine for when we’re dominating and passing the ball around. But he’s a passenger when we’re out of possession and in a physical battle.

His legs have gone this season in terms of sprinting. He still puts a shift in but in a foot race he doesn’t win many.

I agree. I don't dislike him but i think we need a Seth lad type in the midfield, especially away from home. A Mickey Lewis or Geraint Williams would do.

• 3 months later...

Would love one more challenge whenever that maybe after completing promotion here. 

So yeah, if we go up, he will leave in the summer when his contract expires. If not, I assume he would be interested in staying to have another crack at it, if Warne wants him.

Having Adams will allow both Conor and Max to do more "expansive" stuff. That, IMO, was also the reasoning behind the Fornah transfer but after a promising start Fornah appears less of a player than we first thought. Hopefully he can regain his mojo. Having him and Adams fighting for the Seth role could be awesome. Especially if Fapetu continues to develop...

Conversely, this apparent news of CH possibly leaving in the summer means we'll have to replace both him and Max Bird. Is Robinson ready? MF 3 of Adams, Robbo and Fapetu.. or would having 2 young uns in there not be the best idea?

2 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Having Adams will allow both Conor and Max to do more "expansive" stuff. That, IMO, was also the reasoning behind the Fornah transfer but after a promising start Fornah appears less of a player than we first thought. Hopefully he can regain his mojo. Having him and Adams fighting for the Seth role could be awesome. Especially if Fapetu continues to develop...

Conversely, this apparent news of CH possibly leaving in the summer means we'll have to replace both him and Max Bird. Is Robinson ready? MF 3 of Adams, Robbo and Fapetu.. or would having 2 young uns in there not be the best idea?

I really do hope that we give some match experience to the younger boys over the next few months. Even if it's just being involved in the match day squad, like Brown had for the last month or so. Then building up to 10-15 minutes here and there when we're in firm control of games.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

I think Warne would probably sign another mid-to-late twenties runner as a first choice to play alongside Adams, plus a more creative player in front of them. And have 2 out of Fornah/Robinson/Fapetu on the bench to replace them in the latter stages of games. 

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Isnt Adams just on loan..and as such he will have to replace the whole midfield!

Edited by valakari
Typo

If Thompson can get back to his pre-season form before the end of the season then I think he will link up well with Adams and maybe bring in one more experienced midfielder to bring it all together. I still think Fornah is a decent player, just needs a run of games to let him settle.

3 minutes ago, roboto said:

If Thompson can get back to his pre-season form before the end of the season then I think he will link up well with Adams and maybe bring in one more experienced midfielder to bring it all together. I still think Fornah is a decent player, just needs a run of games to let him settle.

i like Fornah aswell. Just makes me wonder what type of midfielder he is , when he came on as an attacking midfielder not long back he was doing a few step overs and taking his man on. Believe he got an assist aswell

1 minute ago, CodnorRam said:

i like Fornah aswell. Just makes me wonder what type of midfielder he is , when he came on as an attacking midfielder not long back he was doing a few step overs and taking his man on. Believe he got an assist aswell

He has the attributes to play anywhere in the middle I think, but I don't think he has the experience or tactical knowledge to be the main DM. He is much better carrying the ball forward where he can take a few more risks without it being as dangerous as if he's just in front of the defence.

With Hourihane and Bird alongside him, then he was expected to play a bit deeper and do the dirty work, but his inexperience and tendency to overplay the ball backfired a couple of times in dangerous positions. With Adams being the main sheilder and maybe a Thompson/Fornah combo in front then I think there's a good mix of tackling, passing and ball carrying options to build on.

Of course, if the opportunity arises to get in players to improve the midfield then we need to do that.

20 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Next season we will have Thomo, Robinson Fornah and hopefully buy Adams. We need 2 more to replace Bird & CH.

You writing Sibley off? I think if he got regular play time as a more attacking midfielder he'll come good